PDA

View Full Version : Looking for anyone w/ connections to Gas Monkey!

GlennCMC70
09-09-2015, 01:26 PM
We have a teenage relative who has been battling cancer for a couple years. Late last week he was diagnosed as terminal. He is creating a bucket list and this is one of the things that is on it - to meet Richard and Aaron.
His family is working from the official channels, but I was hoping to try and work it from another angle as well. I know you guys know a lot of folks in the racer/car community. If anyone can reach out to them through private channels and get them to me, it would be awesome. If you need more info on the person this is for, get w/ me privately. It is not a direct relative of mine.

mach1
09-09-2015, 02:24 PM
I posted this on my board, I know there are guys there that have connections.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1505397#post1505397

Suck fumes
09-09-2015, 02:31 PM
You could prob just call gas monkey?

mach1
09-09-2015, 02:37 PM
You may want to post some contact info that doesn't require you to be a member here.

GlennCMC70
09-09-2015, 04:36 PM
817-350-3542.

Aaron - I'm looking for a POC other than what the family is already using. They are out of state. In their eyes, I must live right down the street. I was asked to help, so I am trying to help any way I can.

The kid is 16 or so and had his cancerous knee replaced. Worked through that rehab while doing chemo that almost killed him a few times. Got over that and earlier this year has a mass removed from his chest cavity going in from the back. Recovered from that just to have a follow-up scan done and found it all throughout his body.
After all this, he got up and went to school today.

AllZWay
09-10-2015, 01:09 PM
That sucks... I hope someone can get him connected.