PDA

View Full Version : TWS Food and Such - Friday night ribs / Saturday night brisket

Fbody383
10-08-2015, 10:34 AM
NO SAT MIDNIGHT RIBS

See ground rule above - though maybe cookies for desert.

As the Stormtrooper and Orange were pulling the bad bullet from the 15 last night, food for TWS came up. We think we are going to have ribs on Friday evening and a brisket on Saturday.

Yes, you are more than welcome to join us, and bring cash or sides or beverages or all of the prior.

At this point we believe, well Sean says, we can do 8 racks of ribs in his fancy new rib rack for the smoker. Cuffing a 12-14lb brisket for Saturday night. If you want in, add to the thread and i'll update this post. As a side note, I invited Will to stop by, hang out, and discuss ways to get a broader NASA comraderie, ala our Saturday night get togethers.

Francis - brisket w/rub 2.0
Richardson - ribs w/rub 2.0.1 (we can probably do some without the extra heat)
"The Claw" - sides and Nanner Puddin
AI Mosty - cookies

CMC56/AI29 - infotainment

BryanL
10-08-2015, 12:13 PM
NO SAT MIDNIGHT RIBS

See ground rule above - though maybe cookies for desert.

As the Stormtrooper and Orange were pulling the bad bullet from the 15 last night, food for TWS came up. We think we are going to have ribs on Friday evening and a brisket on Saturday.

Yes, you are more than welcome to join us, and bring cash or sides or beverages or all of the prior.

At this point we believe, well Sean says, we can do 8 racks of ribs in his fancy new rib rack for the smoker. Cuffing a 12-14lb brisket for Saturday night. If you want in, add to the thread and i'll update this post. As a side note, I invited Will to stop by, hang out, and discuss ways to get a broader NASA comraderie, ala our Saturday night get togethers.

Francis - brisket w/rub 2.0
Richardson - ribs w/rub 2.0.1 (we can probably do some without the extra heat)

SWEET! But no midnight ribs means we will have to have the fake oreo's and fake cheetos. I'm certainly in and will have the wife work on some sides and probably some nanner pudding for dessert in addition to cookies. I'll update later and see if we can get a head count.
You mean to tell me the bad bullett from Hallett wasn't pulled till last night? Makes me feel better about my waiting till the last minute. Will....well he does put on the saturday night dinner for all of NASA comraderie.....still a good idea to invite him but not a good idea to hold your breath until you get a reply.

marshall_mosty
10-08-2015, 01:37 PM
I will bring all sorts of "fake cookies" (fudge covered Grahm cracker, fudge stripped, Oreos, chocolate chip, oatmeal, etc)...

Trublu
10-08-2015, 01:56 PM
I will bring all sorts of "fake cookies" (fudge covered Grahm cracker, fudge stripped, Oreos, chocolate chip, oatmeal, etc)...

Casey and I are working on the V8 Supercars Bathurst telecast

ShadowBolt
10-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Casey and I are working on the V8 Supercars Bathurst telecast

Tasty!

Fbody383
10-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Will....well he does put on the saturday night dinner for all of NASA comraderie.....still a good idea to invite him but not a good idea to hold your breath until you get a reply. I have a reply, he said he would stop in. No harm if he gets busy.

My take is that he wants to try to understand, not that we can actually explain it, why we as a group are able to have such a tight bond off the track.

I think part of it is that we "turn off" the full throttle competition off track. As a group we want to kick your a$@ so bad ON track that we'll do what it takes OFF track for that to happen.

GlennCMC70
10-08-2015, 03:26 PM
I will not be there. 2 games and a tournament on Sat.

Fbody383
10-09-2015, 09:08 AM
I will not be there. 2 games and a tournament on Sat. Good luck to the girls. Enjoy that time, it goes quick.

marshall_mosty
10-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Looks like I may be doing the RD and Series Director gig again for TWS. You guys made it really easy for me at MSR-H.... Please keep it up at TWS.

GlennCMC70
10-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Good luck to the girls. Enjoy that time, it goes quick.

Karlie - massive home run (approx 175ft in park HR) and a game winning hit for a walk off win. She was big time @ bat today.
Morgan hit the 2nd longest hit in the game - straight to the CF'er. Deeply hit, CF made a good catch on a ball hit like a laser.
Love it when my kids do well when I miss races.

AllZWay
10-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Karlie - massive home run (approx 175ft in park HR) and a game winning hit for a walk off win. She was big time @ bat today.
Morgan hit the 2nd longest hit in the game - straight to the CF'er. Deeply hit, CF made a good catch on a ball hit like a laser.
Love it when my kids do well when I miss races.

Sweet... It is way more fun watching my kids play than I could have ever imagined before kids.

Jaycie scored all four goals last week to beat their rival team 4-0. Today is volleyball against the cross town rival. We are only a few weeks away from basketball season starting.

BlueFirePony
10-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I am planning to be there Saturday (sans car ....though Kyri has his big a$$ trailer so getting there for next year).
I can do some ABTs on whatever space is available in a smoker. Friday won't happen (Seether is playing at Stubs BBQ and the wife is a fan); Sunday is TBD...Sat night is obviously a yes.

Fbody383
10-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Ok, looks like Friday night is thin... if you're in let Me/Sean know or you'll not get any ribs.

Should have enough brisket on Saturday for a normalish AI/CMC crowd so circle by during the day... i'm guessing almost every store BCS will be empty from about 2:00-5:00. Might not be any beer left on the shelf...

Trublu
10-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Ok, looks like Friday night is thin... if you're in let Me/Sean know or you'll not get any ribs.

Should have enough brisket on Saturday for a normalish AI/CMC crowd so circle by during the day... i'm guessing almost every store BCS will be empty from about 2:00-5:00. Might not be any beer left on the shelf...

In

Chuck
10-12-2015, 06:05 PM

In. Will bring potato salad and coleslaw. Need anything else?

Chuck Penney
CMC #14

mach1
10-12-2015, 07:29 PM
I will bring cash, if I make it.

Fbody383
10-13-2015, 11:16 AM
In. Will bring potato salad and coleslaw. Need anything else? Dude! Be great to see you.

Plates/spoons/forks/napkins?

You bringing a car to run?

Chuck
10-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Dude! Be great to see you.

Plates/spoons/forks/napkins?

You bringing a car to run?

Will bring plates and supplies.

Yep, bringing the same old, slow Mustang.

Chuck Penney
CMC #14

Casey_SS
10-13-2015, 10:59 PM
In for both Friday and Saturday. Still need to hit the store and see what looks good but will bring some stuff to contribute.

michaelmosty
10-14-2015, 09:00 AM
We (Raegan) will bring some Buffalo Chicken Dip. We are camping at the track and are in for all the after-hours eating/drinking activities!!

martinsntx
10-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Martin's are in +2 crew for Sat. We'll bring some awesome potatoes and brownies.

Trublu
10-14-2015, 10:05 PM
Martin's are in +2 crew for Sat. We'll bring some awesome potatoes and brownies.

Must be a new Amish dish

blk96gt
10-15-2015, 08:21 AM
I'm in and possibly the wife for Saturday. Looks like just about everything has been covered so I'll bring some cash.

Pranav
10-15-2015, 08:32 AM
I'll bring a bunch of chips, salsa, guac, and beer!

Fbody383
10-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Lookin' good... Saturday will (start with) be about 14lb of brisket, Rub 2.0, over Mesquite.

If you're thinking donations, the chefs enjoy Tullamore Dew, leak free small block Chevy's, and long full-lock drifts through open prairie.

Weird not having the last race at ECR.

BryanL
10-15-2015, 10:57 AM
The better half is making two batches of nanner puddin so we have one for each night along with the usual cookies. Also have a side of some potato salad and some pasta salad we can use for either or both nights. Hopefully we don't run out of sugar.

Trublu
10-15-2015, 12:44 PM
Lookin' good... Saturday will (start with) be about 14lb of brisket, Rub 2.0, over Mesquite.

If you're thinking donations, the chefs enjoy Tullamore Dew, leak free small block Chevy's, and long full-lock drifts through open prairie.

Weird not having the last race at ECR.

Jalepeno popper and a salad mate

Daniel Allford
10-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Craig & I will be there both nights. Richard is off being a good dad.
Pick one of the following or make another suggestion:

$
Beer
Margaritas

Dan Allford#82

Fbody383
10-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Jalepeno popper and a salad mate Why did I read that with your accent? Your whole crew coming?

$, Beer, Margaritas Redshift Margaritas good...

We may need some brats/sausage/other meat(s) for Friday - ribs will go on around 1-2 since they need about 6 hours. Easy enough to heat up other stuff with them or right after they come off.

Woo hoo... good chance some races break out between beef, beer, and Aussie V8s!

marshall_mosty
10-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Craig & I will be there both nights. Richard is off being a good dad.
Pick one of the following or make another suggestion:

$
Beer
Margaritas

Dan Allford#82

I'm in for margaritas!!