View Full Version : Push messages

mach1
10-13-2015, 11:15 PM
Would anyone be interested in a push service to push grid order/race time reminders/etc to your cell?
For example, between qual and R1 you would get a txt telling you that you are in grid spot 29.
20 Mins Before R1 you get a txt saying R1 is 20 mins out
etc

Casey_SS
10-14-2015, 12:42 AM
Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. Especially when the schedule changes from the plan we all print out before the event. Just thinking through it - if the text notification is the "output", what would the service use as the "input"?

Grid order and schedule can be pretty dynamic over a weekend...IMO, getting up-to-date info would be the main user problem the service could solve. Access to "planned" schedule & grid info isn't much of a problem but keeping up with changes certainly can be.

ShadowBolt
10-14-2015, 07:31 AM
As Casey said if the system cam be dynamic and keep up with changes it would be a great tool.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
10-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Half the time I can't hear my phone at the track, the other half I've left it in the motorhome. I usually watch for the group previous to us or whenever the trophy girls start getting their gear on.

I almost said "whenever the trophy girls mount up" but that created images in my head that I really did not want. Now those images may be in your head - you are welcome.

rleng1
10-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Whatever happened to 'Group D for Drama to grid'.

Rob Liebbe
10-14-2015, 02:29 PM
Whatever happened to 'Group D for Drama to grid'.

You left - no more drama. ;)