PDA

View Full Version : 2006 VIDEO - LAST AND ONLY CALL

CMC17
10-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Calling for all media in hi-rez, raw tape, digital recordings, DVD's.

Bring 'em to MSR-H in a marked/labled container so I know what belongs to which individual. It will make it easier if I could also get an address so I can them back in the mail ASAP.

I don't have very much footage right now in a usable format. Most of it is low-rez and will look like #$%! on the big screen.

Do what you can to bring the media and we will work out the details. If there isn't an interest, then so be it.

LAST CALL!

<<<<Moderator - Please sticky>>>>

michaelmosty
10-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I'll get all my video from this year sorted out and bring it to MSR-H.
I know how you like to watch yourself on TV so I'll get some good footage of you at this last event. Remind me to face my video camera backwards. :wink: :lol:

donovan
10-02-2006, 04:21 PM
I will get you a DVD of my raw footage, should be able to bring it to MSRH.

marshall_mosty
10-02-2006, 04:35 PM
I'll bring what I have.

jeffburch
10-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I have 3 dvd's in my driver bag for you.

jb

macstang
10-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Eric, do you have an external hard drive that I can just copy my files to?

All our footage is on my laptop and the DVD burner drive quit on it.

I prolly have 8-10 gigs of footage.

CMC17
10-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Eric, do you have an external hard drive that I can just copy my files to?

All our footage is on my laptop and the DVD burner drive quit on it.

I prolly have 8-10 gigs of footage.

I will see what I can work out and have a system there that can handle 20+gig download/copy. :D

Thanks!

CMC17
10-02-2006, 08:56 PM
I have 3 dvd's in my driver bag for you.

jb

Awesome! Thx!

oz98cobra
10-02-2006, 10:40 PM
I've got plenty of DV, but have tranferred little to the PC. I'll try to make time to convert it to DVD and cut out all the useless crap while I'm at it - but if I can't get to it, I'll give you the tapes with notes so you don't have to wade through hours of junk to cut to the chase.

CMC17
10-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Thanks everyone that has replied and that will have media/video available at the MSR-H event.

Again, bring what you have. I plan on having my PC there (cat5 hub + wireless) and able handle most media formats.

:toast:

8)

macstang
10-03-2006, 10:57 AM
If you have a hub with wireless, I can copy it that way, cool. Ill look through, and make note of points of interest.

Tex89
10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
What does everyone use to capture the video from the camcorder?

CMC17
10-03-2006, 11:38 AM

Adobe Elements (great features/steep learning curve)
Studio 9 (easy to use and simple features)

Tex89
10-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Eric,

Do you a video capture card or a device like a Dazzle?

CMC17
10-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Eric,

Do you a video capture card or a device like a Dazzle?

Yes, I use the Dazzle 80 USB capture device from Pinnacle. It comes with Studio 9 or might be Studio 10 by now bundled in with it.

8)

jeffburch
10-03-2006, 12:26 PM

For analog this http://www.plextor.com/english/products/convertx-AV100U.htm

can't be beat. I have one. It does everything in hardware on board so is much faster with no dropped frames and is cheap.

If it's digital you need firewire port or just usb maybe.

jb

CMC17
10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
I would do some research and decide by consumer reports.

Dazzle is definitely cheaper and from what I've read, easier to use with less problems.

jeffburch
10-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I asked my magic 8 ball and it replied "outlook not so good" and "concentrate and ask again"
When I did it replied " cannot predict now"

So, I'd say it was a toss up.
Anyone know a good tasseographer?

jb

CMC17
10-03-2006, 02:14 PM
I asked my magic 8 ball and it replied "outlook not so good" and "concentrate and ask again"
When I did it replied " cannot predict now"

So, I'd say it was a toss up.
Anyone know a good tasseographer?

jb

The tea leaves show a red/black car winning four races. I had the tasseographer try again, same thing. 8)

patato.. pataato =)

jeffburch
10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Let me be the first to congratulate James Proctor for a very successful weekend!

Way to go JP!!!!!

jb
:lol:

CMC17
10-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Let me be the first to congratulate James Proctor for a very successful weekend!

Way to go JP!!!!!

jb

At least the tasseographer was almost right. ;)

:lol: 8) :lol: :D

AllZWay
10-03-2006, 02:42 PM

Way to go JP!!!!!

jb

:lol: I thought the same thing...... of course that would be a miracle. :D

BTW... I ain't doing any crap talking ...... I just hope to (1) make the race and (2)not screw anyone else up (3) finish my 4 provisionals.

CMC17
10-03-2006, 02:48 PM

Way to go JP!!!!!

jb

:lol: I thought the same thing...... of course that would be a miracle. :D

BTW... I ain't doing any crap talking ...... I just hope to (1) make the race and (2)not screw anyone else up (3) finish my 4 provisionals.

You'll do just fine. Just make sure you have the video camera rolling the whole time. Remember, stay on your line and let "them" pass you. ;) Or, pass "them" at will. :D

oz98cobra
10-03-2006, 07:42 PM
The tea leaves show a red/black car winning four races. I had the tasseographer try again, same thing. 8)

patato.. pataato =)

The tea leaves were obviously not notified that we've painted the winning red/black car blue! ;)

CMC17
10-04-2006, 07:07 AM

patato.. pataato =)

The tea leaves were obviously not notified that we've painted the winning red/black car blue! ;)

Tea leaves have been known to be wrong. I think they now predict a car with four wheels as a winner. :D

Bring da videos. 8) :lol: :D

AI#97
10-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Eric, I will bring everything I have from this year to Houston, which sadly isn't much. Keep forgetting to turn the camera on! I am however going to be getting new camera and plan on having both in the car this next event. One back at the ugly driver and one out the front window. I will also be experimenting with out the back window....where all of you guys will be anyway. A view out the front might get boring!!! :wink: :lol:

cjlmlml
10-04-2006, 12:48 PM
why even bother with the camera out the front window?

donovan
10-04-2006, 01:02 PM

So he can look at the back of my car.

AI#97
10-04-2006, 04:04 PM

So he can look at the back of my car.

Only to document the pass on the last lap of the inverted starts! :wink:

I keeed I keeeed!!!! :lol:

CMC17
10-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Big round of thanks to all that have or will be contributing to the video resource bin. I have received numerous PM's regarding video clips and hi-rez DVD's.

Thanks again!!!

/cheers

CMC17
10-23-2006, 04:49 PM
A big round of thanks to all of those that brought video(s) with them to the track or uploaded the files!!!!!

I will be sending out FTP information that requested it in order to upload some more exciting and fun filled footage. :D

If someone has a hi-rez picture of Todd while he was driving around in his ver with hair flowing in the breeze, please let me know!!! I would like a copy of it/them. :D

AI#97
10-23-2006, 07:16 PM
A big round of thanks to all of those that brought video(s) with them to the track or uploaded the files!!!!!

I will be sending out FTP information that requested it in order to upload some more exciting and fun filled footage. :D

If someone has a hi-rez picture of Todd while he was driving around in his ver with hair flowing in the breeze, please let me know!!! I would like a copy of it/them. :D

Eric, I had a CD I forgot to give you...I will host it on my site and send you the link later this evening....