PDA

View Full Version : Very slow lap of TWS video... but still very cool

Alien
02-24-2016, 08:24 PM
8:46 laptime... by a drone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCxaHTUNGGg

ShadowBolt
02-25-2016, 10:06 AM
Just incase you do not know as of today it looks like TWS is going to go away. I was told yesterday that the owners will not take track rentals past June. The story is that they will start bulldozing the place right after the last event in June. Maybe a ploy to get it sold but as of right now June is it. MFW you know anything about this?

Track surface looks like shit. Look at all the tracks in the grass. That was the coolest part.

JJ

Pranav
02-25-2016, 11:25 AM
Just incase you do not know as of today it looks like TWS is going to go away. I was told yesterday that the owners will not take track rentals past June. The story is that they will start bulldozing the place right after the last event in June. Maybe a ploy to get it sold but as of right now June is it. MFW you know anything about this?

Lovely, and I'll be missing our April race there by going to a family wedding in LA.

Running out there this weekend with TDE, hope it's not the last time I run there.

Also found out I'm missing the labor day weekend MSRH race for a friend's wedding, although it is in Baton Rouge and I could try get back for Sunday's racing.

Really sucks when things are starting to "click" with the whole car and racing thing and I'm already out two events for BS.

mach1
02-25-2016, 12:07 PM
I love TWS but I'm secretly glad that it's going away, there are some safety aspects of the track that really concern me.

AllZWay
02-25-2016, 12:14 PM
That is pretty cool.. and I guess the theme from the Walking Dead is appropriate for the location it sounds.

ShadowBolt
02-25-2016, 01:46 PM
I love TWS but I'm secretly glad that it's going away, there are some safety aspects of the track that really concern me.

I understand and agree to a point. If we get a track to replace TWS then fine but if TWS goes away unless we can get into COTA at a price we will pay where do we go for the two races we run there every year?

JJ

mach1
02-25-2016, 02:09 PM
I understand and agree to a point. If we get a track to replace TWS then fine but if TWS goes away unless we can get into COTA at a price we will pay where do we go for the two races we run there every year?

JJ

I hope you like the MSR'zzes
I think the ECR deal last year was a conspiracy, if I remember correctly the official word is that they were closed for repaving?
As far as I know they never closed and were open during the weekend we were supposed to be there.

ShadowBolt
02-25-2016, 03:55 PM
I think the ECR deal last year was a conspiracy, if I remember correctly the official word is that they were closed for repaving?
As far as I know they never closed and were open during the weekend we were supposed to be there.

And when you go to their web site they still have the year old post about needing money to repave and there is nothing about it having been done.

JJ

Pranav
02-25-2016, 04:59 PM

I believe they've always been open. I thought NASA TX (rightfully) only planned to hold an event there if they did re-pave.

I for one look forward to a season where we double up on MSR Houston and Cresson if TWS goes away. I have an easier time getting to MSRH for cheater practice, and for some reason I have the easiest time driving at MSRC. We will have to "nut up" and take NOLA seriously though, in addition to Hallett, to round out the schedule.

mach1
02-25-2016, 05:27 PM
I am in Dallas, 16 hours, 1000 miles round trip to NOLA, 2 extra days off work. The surcharge for COTA may be worth it vs a long trip. That being said, I am excited for NOLA this year, does that region have anyone active in CMC?

Pranav
02-25-2016, 05:44 PM
I believe just Jeremy Gunter!

marshall_mosty
02-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Michael and I are both skipping NOLA mainly because of:

1. Proximity to both TWS and Hallett events
2. Tow distance

If it were spaced out, I "might" make it. I understand that for the Houston folks, Hallett is a PITA, but it is Hallett... :)

ShadowBolt
02-26-2016, 05:03 PM
Michael and I are both skipping NOLA mainly because of:

1. Proximity to both TWS and Hallett events
2. Tow distance

If it were spaced out, I "might" make it. I understand that for the Houston folks, Hallett is a PITA, but it is Hallett... :)

I really doubt Jay and I will make NOLA.

JJ

blk96gt
02-26-2016, 05:55 PM
I'm planning to make NOLA as long as there are at least 5 or so CMC cars that are going.

rleng1
02-28-2016, 12:46 PM
I really doubt Jay and I will make NOLA.

JJ

I'm making Hallet........from London. It is Hallet you know.

mach1
02-28-2016, 01:44 PM

Where do you keep your car in the States?

Storm Trooper
02-28-2016, 02:14 PM

Well of course you are! I would expect nothing else! :D

ShadowBolt
02-28-2016, 04:57 PM

Yes but Nola is no Hallett.

JJ

AI#97
02-28-2016, 09:12 PM

Track surface looks like shit. Look at all the tracks in the grass. That was the coolest part.

JJ

I chatted with Charles offline a few weeks ago and he indicated the money was off the table for any development at the track primarily due to the state of the oil economy as that is who most of the current investors were from. It's also my understanding someone could walk up with cash in hand and buy the track tomorrow, you just have to get the number and have the cash. There are several issues not yet resolved with the development most of which have to do with getting a secondary method of access out of the site to the north east which would have to envoke some imminent domain and build a major road up to an existing artery. We have all heard we are closing in June and bringing in dozer story before to get someone to panic. and write a check to take it off their hands. I personally think they are trying to get Charles to finally stroke the check to buy the place...or someone else who might be on the fence. I could be wrong but in my opinion, the track isn't going anywhere. The demand in town is for apartments and condos. I've been to too many P&z meetings lately feeling with that.....NOT houses.

ShadowBolt
02-29-2016, 08:27 AM
I chatted with Charles offline a few weeks ago and he indicated the money was off the table for any development at the track primarily due to the state of the oil economy as that is who most of the current investors were from. It's also my understanding someone could walk up with cash in hand and buy the track tomorrow, you just have to get the number and have the cash. There are several issues not yet resolved with the development most of which have to do with getting a secondary method of access out of the site to the north east which would have to envoke some imminent domain and build a major road up to an existing artery. We have all heard we are closing in June and bringing in dozer story before to get someone to panic. and write a check to take it off their hands. I personally think they are trying to get Charles to finally stroke the check to buy the place...or someone else who might be on the fence. I could be wrong but in my opinion, the track isn't going anywhere. The demand in town is for apartments and condos. I've been to too many P&z meetings lately feeling with that.....NOT houses.

Everything you said sounds possible but I would hate to think I owned TWS with little chance of selling and no events scheduled after June. Maybe it's not that hard to fill it up but time keeps marching on.

Gary,
Sorry I screwed up your thread. Very cool video.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
02-29-2016, 10:10 AM
You can see why the off-line is the faster line by looking at this video. You can see the main line "polish" when the drone shoots into the sun - turns 2-3, 8-9 and Larry-Moe-Curly.

mach1
02-29-2016, 10:19 AM
You can see why the off-line is the faster line by looking at this video. You can see the main line "polish" when the drone shoots into the sun - turns 2-3, 8-9 and Larry-Moe-Curly.

Yeah, I usually cut through the dirt/grass for the fastest lap.

Pranav
02-29-2016, 11:44 AM
It's also my understanding someone could walk up with cash in hand and buy the track tomorrow, you just have to get the number and have the cash.

Surely $8-9M and a few more million to get the critical stuff fixed and maintain a short term operating loss isn't hard to get.

Maybe I need to make a flight back out to Brunei and convince the Sultan and his spend-thrift of a son that this is a good idea. They can ship over some of their multi-hundred car collection for safe keeping out at TWS. We could even keep a rolls royce parked out front running and attended 24/7 just for him and his entourage.

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/celebrity-cars/sultan-of-brunei-his-5000-car-collection/

AI#97
02-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Everything you said sounds possible but I would hate to think I owned TWS with little chance of selling and no events scheduled after June. Maybe it's not that hard to fill it up but time keeps marching on.

JJ

did you ever see a furniture store that had a going out of business sign ever actually stop selling furniture? ;) I could be completely wrong, but being close to all this mess, I don't see much changing. Time will tell. Now if someone would like to give me about $7.5 million, I'll go buy the place and keep it open and pay you what I can! ;)