PDA

View Full Version : Toyo RR 275/40/17. 4 tires $400

Suck fumes
03-25-2016, 01:45 PM
5 heat cycles. They were new at msr cresson.

$400/set. Can deliver to TWS.

aaronmcspadden@gmail.com

Supercharged111
03-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Having not checked the results, I ASSume you fared well at MSRC.

Suck fumes
03-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Sold to Casey.

mach1
03-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Having not checked the results, I ASSume you fared well at MSRC.

Of course, Dennis spun in rattle snake so he had the whole AI/SI/CMC field behind him 30 seconds into the race 3 by shortcutting the track, epic move! It was hilarious, I figured he would offer these tires to me for free because of it :)

http://www.supraspeed.com/pass.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQgsnxh8dA

Suck fumes
03-26-2016, 10:18 PM
I was avoiding an accident and I knew my car would get smashed from behind too if I slowed way down so I took the safe option to save my car. It was not done with the intention of passing a bunch of people, just came out that way. And in the future if you have a problem with it even though I did nothing illegal I would appreciate you talking to me face to face about it instead of whining to clifton hours later then having him call me to bring all this to my attention.

dtanker65
03-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Of course, Dennis spun in rattle snake so he had the whole AI/SI/CMC field behind him 30 seconds into the race 3 by shortcutting the track, epic move! It was hilarious, I figured he would offer these tires to me for free because of it :)

http://www.supraspeed.com/pass.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQgsnxh8dA

I had a little help from Bill with the spin in rattlesnake.

GlennCMC70
03-27-2016, 01:16 PM
I was avoiding an accident and I knew my car would get smashed from behind too if I slowed way down so I took the safe option to save my car. It was not done with the intention of passing a bunch of people, just came out that way. And in the future if you have a problem with it even though I did nothing illegal I would appreciate you talking to me face to face about it instead of whining to clifton hours later then having him call me to bring all this to my attention.

If a position was gained by shorting the course no matter the reason, the gentleman thing is to give that position back. If there was no gain of position, then there is no action needed.

mach1
03-28-2016, 10:11 AM

Aside from it not being the gentleman thing to do, I really had no reason to "whine" to you, this was a NASA issue not a personal one. When it happened on track, I was like, wow, that has to be illegal, and it is, CCR 25.6. But these were special circumstances considering Bill spun Dennis around. I would imagine the same thought ran through your head, "Wow, that worked out well! I wonder if it was legal". I had a similar situation myself where I made a "bad" pass on a driver, after the race I asked that he be repositioned in front of me. The real issue I see is that there was a huge advantage gained with the move, and NASA officials didn't reposition it. This sets a bad precedent and makes NASA competition laughable. If I see a car spin on track, shortcut the track, pass the whole field, and win the race, that is absolutely unacceptable in a NASA competition event IMO. No hard feelings here Aaron, like I said, I am hating the game, not the player.

ShadowBolt
03-28-2016, 01:52 PM
So now I feel bad. I came up on the stack up and had to either go around or hit them. I know I passed a few cars but I have no idea how many. I will admit I was wondering if what I did was against the rules and I agree with Glenn that I should have let some cars go around me. I promise I have no idea who or how many cars I passed and I expected to be re-positioned after the race. I would have been fine with that by the way. I don't know what the rule should be. At TWS in the rain Michael took Nascar one and while he did not pass Jay (or anyone else) he made up a football field of track on Jay. I was not happy and I told Michael I thought it was wrong. According to the rules it was not wrong and Michael was good to go. Michael and I are good on this and it was not that big of a deal in that race but I see what looks like something that could be used the wrong way. This is not exactly the same but what if you were half a lap behind, is it okay to cut the track and fall in right behind the last place guy saving half a lap?

JJ

Rob Liebbe
03-28-2016, 02:27 PM
is it okay to cut the track and fall in right behind the last place guy saving half a lap?

JJ

Only if you make it look convincing.

Suck fumes
03-28-2016, 03:02 PM
I think in my entire lifetime I have only cut across a track twice, one of those times being at msr cresson. We were side by side so the only cars I really passed were out of class and the fact that there was an accident made the move legal and I knew that going into it. I have had people do the same thing to me on multiple occassions over the past 13 yrs and I knew what the rule said and there was nothing that can be done about it cause you are avoiding smashing your car. So I know I prob ruffled some feathers but there is a procedure for this stuff if you're not happy....you have 30 min to protest after the race, after that the protest is out the window. I just didn't like the fact that all this was brought to my attention on the tuesday after the race through a phone call. Next time if I accidentally do anything to anger you then just talk to me first.

dtanker65
03-28-2016, 06:14 PM
Guys,
The drivers and the workers are the only things that really matter. The rules are the rules.
Regarding R3 at Cresson.... I think THEY cut the race short, I will catch Aaron one of these days :-)