PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Camaro LT1 T56 transmission

RichardP
04-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Anyone have an extra T56 transmission for an LT1 that we can buy or borrow before TWS? We are trying to get Josh in the Orange car for TWS to point him towards his comp license to run CMC. The transmission that messed up while I was driving it at Cression apparently won't be repaired in time...

Thanks,
Richard P.

ShadowBolt
04-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Anyone have an extra T56 transmission for an LT1 that we can buy or borrow before TWS? We are trying to get Josh in the Orange car for TWS to point him towards his comp license to run CMC. The transmission that messed up while I was driving it at Cression apparently won't be repaired in time...

Thanks,
Richard P.

Maybe Glenn?

JJ

Fbody383
04-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Yo. Putting my main one back together this weekend... allegedly (waiting on blocker rings). I am going to pull the one out of the parts cars since the Spare Parts Rule says you don't break what you have on hand at the track.

Also checking with Sean since I think he has one. With enough "spares," Orange may have one to loan.

Back when I know more.

Fbody383
04-13-2016, 03:34 PM
extra T56 transmission They are now eligible for IRA and 401(k) investments...

Supercharged111
04-14-2016, 12:06 AM
They are now eligible for IRA and 401(k) investments...

Is that like my truck which is old enough to buy cigarettes?

marshall_mosty
04-14-2016, 07:34 AM
They are now eligible for IRA and 401(k) investments...

The scary point will be when our cars are forced to take mandatory IRA distributions...

Alien
04-14-2016, 09:08 AM
If Dave or Sean don't have anything, you can borrow the one from my '97 donor. Car was wrecked, so it's a complete unknown tho.

Best way to contact me is at
http://www.fototime.com/607D62D178E331B/standard.jpg

Fbody383
04-14-2016, 11:38 AM
We pulled the spare... Richard's comment, and I quote, "It's all dirty. Do you have one that's clean?"

I didn't take it personally. My parts car wasn't wrecked, drove fine (save the 02 light), shifted fine, made no noise, etc.

Red Shift - where does this need to go? You're more than welcome to borrow it... until I need it back. I expect to have mine back together this weekend. Also checking on Sean's spare.

The Spare Parts Theory says that if there are a couple spare LT1 T56s at TWS nobody will need one... of those.

RichardP
04-14-2016, 12:21 PM
We pulled the spare... Richard's comment, and I quote, "It's all dirty. Do you have one that's clean?"

I think that's funny. It was certainly meant to be funny...

Red Shift - where does this need to go? You're more than welcome to borrow it... until I need it back.

If you have an extra that we can borrow for the weekend, we would really appreciate it. I don't actually care if it's dirty. I can come pick it up. Dan and I are both busy riding the MS150 this weekend but the forecast might be telling us we have plenty of time on Sunday to install it.

And, yes, I will return it cleaned up... :-)

Richard P.

Fbody383
04-14-2016, 02:51 PM
It was funny. Dirty because... well, it's dirty. Look like small engine oil leak and pinion

I'm expecting blockers this weekend and possible re-assembly on Sunday.

Is the car at ARC? Should be able to drop it off here by the office if that works. Whatever is easy for you.

Dan is co-hosting the open house at Profax-Lenco in Pearland on the 20th, looks like keynote at 7:30pm; might have to drop in since that's racecar night.

RichardP
04-20-2016, 08:48 AM
Thanks to Dave, the Orange #82 car is back together and ready for TWS. I did go ahead and do a light cleanup. It will get dirty again this weekend but the fresh stuff is easier to get off...

Richard P.

Fbody383
04-20-2016, 10:51 AM
Whoop.