PDA

View Full Version : CMC TWS results change

Al Fernandez
05-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Guys, unfortunately Craig just barely broke over the 267hp limit in his post TWS dyno. This means he'll have to be yanked from the official results, his sessions will be declared fun runs. This is particularly important for Toyo bucks, as Craig was in the top 5 in both R1 and R3. I've asked NASA to correct the official results.

Rob Liebbe
05-02-2016, 10:11 AM
That sux!!!

Fbody383
05-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Well, crap. Hate to see that happen.

Storm Trooper
05-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Wow sorry Craig :(

Trublu
05-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Pretty bummed but really enjoyed the track engine swap (actually did) so it was worth it.

marshall_mosty
05-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Pretty bummed but really enjoyed the track engine swap (actually did) so it was worth it.
I'm glad I could help a bit... Maybe you need to get this one "tuned", write down what the timing/jets were and then swap it for the next "spare" and then get the new engine tuned. That way, you know what this motor needs to make the proper numbers. I know you were concerned and even pulled out some timing from where you old motor was... just sucks that it wasn't enough.

Supercharged111
05-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Guys, unfortunately Craig just barely broke over the 267hp limit in his post TWS dyno. This means he'll have to be yanked from the official results, his sessions will be declared fun runs. This is particularly important for Toyo bucks, as Craig was in the top 5 in both R1 and R3. I've asked NASA to correct the official results.

Did someone file a protest and force him to dyno? I've always had the thought in the back of my head, like what if I get randomly called out and dyno 1hp more than what I cert'd at. 1hp sure as hell didn't affect the race results. I'm usually about 20# over because of that.

mach1
05-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Did someone file a protest and force him to dyno? I've always had the thought in the back of my head, like what if I get randomly called out and dyno 1hp more than what I cert'd at. 1hp sure as hell didn't affect the race results. I'm usually about 20# over because of that.
Yeah being over on weight when my hood was sealed in 2014 saved my ass.

Sorry to hear that Craig. Glad to hear they are "droppable".

BryanL
05-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear about that for Craig even though I believe him that he enjoyed the motor swap-did you have a shortblock with you or have to go get the shortblock? Really appreciate his honesty which I think is great to see in this series.

Storm Trooper
05-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Sorry to hear about that for Craig even though I believe him that he enjoyed the motor swap-did you have a shortblock with you or have to go get the shortblock? Really appreciate his honesty which I think is great to see in this series.

Well said!
Craig, Next recipient of "Gentlemen of the year award"

Trublu
05-03-2016, 09:04 AM

Pip and her dad bought it out in the suberban

Fbody383
05-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Did someone file a protest and force him to dyno?
"Hallett" type sequence of events. APPARENTLY... in a ford motor all the pistons are supposed to have the valve reliefs horizontal... and move up and down. Not sure why he couldn't compete on 7, it IS a carb motor but whatever.

So ARC sends the other carbed mustang out of the country. Craig's wife, on her birthday weekend, goes to John's shop with her dad, to get let into the shop, to dig out the loaner short block. Meanwhile, Rock is breaking clutch cover bolts and drilling them out while a handful of Chevy guys give directions on how to pull a motor out the top. Short block arrives, ford guys drill and wrench, Chevy guys loan tools, parts, and brains. Bingo, bango... motor back in the 65 letting the RTV cure up overnight. Fired up and timing set Saturday morning in time for qual. Hood sealed and sent to dyno after Sunday rain race.

And here we are...

blk96gt
05-03-2016, 10:21 AM
"Hallett" type sequence of events. APPARENTLY... in a ford motor all the pistons are supposed to have the valve reliefs horizontal... and move up and down. Not sure why he couldn't compete on 7, it IS a carb motor but whatever.

So ARC sends the other carbed mustang out of the country. Craig's wife, on her birthday weekend, goes to John's shop with her dad, to get let into the shop, to dig out the loaner short block. Meanwhile, Rock is breaking clutch cover bolts and drilling them out while a handful of Chevy guys give directions on how to pull a motor out the top. Short block arrives, ford guys drill and wrench, Chevy guys loan tools, parts, and brains. Bingo, bango... motor back in the 65 letting the RTV cure up overnight. Fired up and timing set Saturday morning in time for qual. Hood sealed and sent to dyno after Sunday rain race.

And here we are...

My understanding is all it took was a tube of glue and he was ready to go.

Supercharged111
05-03-2016, 11:16 AM

And here we are...

Ahh, I thought it was the blue Mustang that blew up again. That's a bummer.

mach1
05-03-2016, 03:19 PM
Ahh, I thought it was the blue Mustang that blew up again. That's a bummer.

That happened too

Supercharged111
05-03-2016, 08:37 PM
That happened too

Too bad you guys can't just LS swap your cars.

marshall_mosty
05-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Too bad you guys can't just LS swap your cars.

We tried that in AI back in the '06 range and was quickly snipped out of the rules...

mach1
05-04-2016, 08:35 AM
We tried that in AI back in the '06 range and was quickly snipped out of the rules...

what for? I'd love to put an LS in the mustang.

RichardP
05-04-2016, 08:46 AM

Yea, that was a dumb rule change. Horsepower is horsepower. Who cares what brand it came from? If you build a durable pushrod 5.0 to AI power levels, pretty much only the architecture comes from Ford. I'd have an LS in my car if the rules allowed.

Richard P.

Storm Trooper
05-04-2016, 10:02 PM

I would love an LS in my car. Wait...........

Now to get a real driver ;)

Al Fernandez
05-09-2016, 01:54 PM
A tube of glue...the most underappreciated item in your garage/trailer

mach1
05-09-2016, 03:04 PM
A tube of glue...the most underappreciated item in your garage/trailer

I had the glue, forgot the crankshaft :'(