PDA

View Full Version : NOLA Race Report Info?

BryanL
05-24-2016, 09:23 AM
In typical NASA TX fashion there are no results up about NOLA. How did you guys do? Wish we could see some results. Sorry to hear about the motor Pranav-horrible luck. Hope to see you guys at Hallett!

mach1
05-24-2016, 10:02 AM
http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_NOLA_Region/

Pranav
05-24-2016, 10:18 AM
In typical NASA TX fashion there are no results up about NOLA. How did you guys do? Wish we could see some results. Sorry to hear about the motor Pranav-horrible luck. Hope to see you guys at Hallett!

No issues with NASA TX on this one, to a certain extend NASA NOLA ran the show and we were all just guests. They've built up their organization over there since we last visited, and ran everything.

Unfortunately corporate fired their IT guy (who was in charge of timing and all the other stuff) Wednesday before the event, so there was a lot of scrambling just to get timing working. Getting grid set was a whole fiasco, and with the car count, I think they were overwhelmed. We weren't a huge fan of the combined race group, but I guess it worked. Post race tech was very laissez-faire, and all of our cars weighed 100lbs or more than usual.

Craig and Tyler took 1st/2nd all weekend. Saturday I took 3rd both days, popped Sunday so Gary Hood and Records took my place Sunday on the podium. Gary Robertson brought the parents out; unfortunately he was not feeling well on Sunday but hung in there and was able to finish (something I couldn't do, lol).

BryanL
05-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Thanks Tyler-guess that is a different link than the results link on the Nasatx.com website. Why am I not surprised.

dtanker65
05-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Nice drive Pranav! I too think the Foxes should have to run 235 tires. The only problem I can see is that Tyler and Craig will figure out how to go even faster with the reduced rolling resistance :-)

mach1
05-24-2016, 03:03 PM
Nice drive Pranav! I too think the Foxes should have to run 235 tires. The only problem I can see is that Tyler and Craig will figure out how to go even faster with the reduced rolling resistance :-)

Fun fact, I ran .3 slower on a 3 year old, 30+HC RA1 255 rain tire at NOLA, than a 11HC 275 RR.

Fbody383
05-24-2016, 03:11 PM
Fun fact, I ran .3 slower on a 3 year old, 30+HC RA1 255 rain tire at NOLA, than a 11HC 275 RR.
Yeah, rub that in. I vote you bring those tires to Hallett too.

drecords
05-24-2016, 03:56 PM
NOLA was a great track and the facility is awesome. The T&S issues were unfortunate but all worked out OK. I managed to flatspot a ~18HC set of RR's in R3. Swapped them to the rear and enjoyed a back massage for R4. Rookie doing rookie stuff.

mach1
05-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Yeah, rub that in. I vote you bring those tires to Hallett too.

Hallett loves junk tires, looks like nola doesnt mind either.

BryanL
05-25-2016, 10:37 AM

Nice job by the Fox's......again. Great to see a few new names in Thunder so it keeps growing along with an old name or two. Hope lots are making the trip to Hallett, too. I guess there won't be one Miata there after the video I saw today of Will-ouch-I guess he is okay. I did see the AI goat on the fb site-that's cool to see a different car. I was a little late on buying an AI car this month.

Interesting tire info. What about a brand new RR? I would love it for the tires to be like that but the problem seems to be more seeing guys drop seconds when going to brand new RR's. Michael has done stuff like that at TWS and the difference just doesn't make any sense but I think he was faster on say a 18 HC RR compared to a 8 cycle RR.

mach1
05-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Nice job by the Fox's......again. Great to see a few new names in Thunder so it keeps growing along with an old name or two. Hope lots are making the trip to Hallett, too. I guess there won't be one Miata there after the video I saw today of Will-ouch-I guess he is okay. I did see the AI goat on the fb site-that's cool to see a different car. I was a little late on buying an AI car this month.

Interesting tire info. What about a brand new RR? I would love it for the tires to be like that but the problem seems to be more seeing guys drop seconds when going to brand new RR's. Michael has done stuff like that at TWS and the difference just doesn't make any sense but I think he was faster on say a 18 HC RR compared to a 8 cycle RR.

Where is the video of Will?

I have good data on that too, Kevin threw some 1HC RR's on Sunday, Mason was almost a second faster on 10+ HC tires. Bill told me he was fastest on a set of RR's that had the steel belts showing. Craig seemed to get faster the more HC's he got on his RR's, I think they were stickers for qual on Sat.

BlueGoat
05-25-2016, 02:43 PM
With my car, it didn't seem to make much of a difference how many heat cycles the tires had. The second race on Sunday I was on the same tires and ran 3 seconds fast but was able to get in front of Mason and had a clean track ahead of me. My brake system is jacked and I have to think about half a second before I actually needed the brakes to work so I didn't push any issues with anyone and take us both out. Fun weekend with clean racing by all.........in our group that is. I heard the Thunder Roadsters had some retaliation going on.
I also have to apologize for that early start on the first race Saturday. The flagger threw the green three times and apparently ours was to be the second, second green not the first, second green. I did't see that text memo come across my phone on the warm up lap. :confused:

dtanker65
05-25-2016, 09:00 PM
I have good data on that too, Kevin threw some 1HC RR's on Sunday, Mason was almost a second faster on 10+ HC tires. Bill told me he was fastest on a set of RR's that had the steel belts showing. Craig seemed to get faster the more HC's he got on his RR's, I think they were stickers for qual on Sat.[/QUOTE]

I would be happy to break in those crappy stickers for the hot 10 HC setup at no charge, just send the new tires to my house. I hardly ever spin or go off track :-)

marshall_mosty
05-26-2016, 05:46 AM
You guys are hilarious. Can't wait for HALLETT!!

Trublu
05-26-2016, 05:51 AM
I have good data on that too, Kevin threw some 1HC RR's on Sunday, Mason was almost a second faster on 10+ HC tires. Bill told me he was fastest on a set of RR's that had the steel belts showing. Craig seemed to get faster the more HC's he got on his RR's, I think they were stickers for qual on Sat.

I would be happy to break in those crappy stickers for the hot 10 HC setup at no charge, just send the new tires to my house. I hardly ever spin or go off track :-)[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to accommodate the same offer in CMC. No charge to you

BryanL
06-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Where is the video of Will?

On the winding road facebook page but looks like Tam's post. This might be the link. https://www.facebook.com/tam.murray.10/posts/1184358261583850

Wonder if they made him write this after he totaled the Miata. http://www.windingroad.com/articles/blogs/learning-curve-act-like-a-pro-on-and-off-the-track/?utm_source=Winding+Road+Weekly+Email+List&utm_campaign=b3ce1dbef0-WR_Racing_News_06_08_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f40212f51a-b3ce1dbef0-58089893&mc_cid=b3ce1dbef0&mc_eid=4e618c612d

mach1
06-08-2016, 10:18 AM
On the winding road facebook page but looks like Tam's post. This might be the link. https://www.facebook.com/tam.murray.10/posts/1184358261583850

Wonder if they made him write this after he totaled the Miata. http://www.windingroad.com/articles/blogs/learning-curve-act-like-a-pro-on-and-off-the-track/?utm_source=Winding+Road+Weekly+Email+List&utm_campaign=b3ce1dbef0-WR_Racing_News_06_08_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f40212f51a-b3ce1dbef0-58089893&mc_cid=b3ce1dbef0&mc_eid=4e618c612d

Wow! Thanks for posting, the track was very slick on the other side of the "curbing" there, I guess he just understeered right into the tires.

Fbody383
06-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Wonder if they made him write this after he totaled the Miata. I read that too... good reminder given the upcoming crossover weekend.