PDA

View Full Version : Hallett

Fbody383
05-27-2016, 11:54 AM
6/7/16 CLOSED... SERIOUSLY, how much do you people eat?
6/6/16 - MARKET IS CLOSED / TIP YOUR WAITRESSES / CHECK TRAILER TIRE PRESSURES
6/5/16 UPDATE - SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER COOK YOUR OWN FOOD

Friday Post Test Day Get a Good Night's Sleep Practice Ribs
OIF-2
Stormtrooper -2
Patterson - 7
Fernandez - 1
Mason - 1
Pranav - 1
BL - 2
AI Mosty - 1.5
CMC Mosty - 2
Redshift Racing - 4

Saturday Night - Brisket
OIF - 2
Stormtrooper -2
Patterson - 7
Red Shift - 4
67 Mosty - 2
11 Mosty - 2
English - 1
Fernandez - 1
Mason - 1
Pranav - 1
McCormick - 7 (some pint sized)
Records - 3
Martin - 4
013 - 5
BL and Friend(s) - 2
Robertson, G - 2
McComb - 1
Team Jordan - 1

Martin's Famous "I'll market the SH*T out of those" Potatoes...
BL - random yummy desert
Fernandez sides
Pranav - guac / etc.
CMC Mosty - plates/knives/forks/napkins
Pederson - silverware type stuff
McCormick - maybe jalapeno poppers again...

Midnight Ribs(tm) - how did this become a thing? Reminder, bring your own princess cup.
OIF - 2
Stormtrooper - 2
McCormick - 3
Records - 2
Red Shift - 2
BL - 2
Fernandez - 1
Patterson - 7
Mason - 1
Pranav - 1
----------------------- END OF LINE --------------------------------

Well, get registered if you're not.

Paging Mrs. Mosty... Mrs. Mosty to the Planning Center...

Now the important stuff, may or may not be in your perceived order of value:

1) Saturday night - Brisket, yes. How many people?
2) Saturday night - "Midnight Ribs"(tm) - how did that become a thing? How many people?
3)Friday night - OIF/Stormtrooper Racing will be having ribs (because pork) like last year. Need hard RSVP for this one.
4) Video cameras / still cameras / camera phones / GoPro / Virb / Vibe / Sony / JVC - whatever. Have always wanted to do a Hallett only video.
5) SIDES!
6) Plates / cutlery / napkins / etc.
7) Beverages - beer / wine / whiskey / bourbon / rum / margaritas (ahem, RedShift...) and bring your own princess cup
8) race car - running or to be running before Q1

What'd we forget?

Fbody383
05-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Tires.

Houston peeps, if you need to mount/unmount/change/flip tires we should be at the shop both Wednesday nights before Hallett - let me know if you want to stop by.

Pranav
05-27-2016, 12:43 PM
I may take you up on that next Wednesday Dave, gotta flip my tires.

Fbody383
05-27-2016, 12:48 PM
I may take you up on that next Wednesday Dave, gotta flip my tires. Cool. Will try to remember to text you a confirmation. You might need a passport to get that far south.

Pranav
05-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Cool. Will try to remember to text you a confirmation. You might need a passport to get that far south.

If all goes well Tuesday I'll be staying back at "home" inside town Wed night, so not that far north of you.

Plus I gotta run some stuff back to Sean so Pearland would be perfect

Trublu
05-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Well, get registered if you're not.

Paging Mrs. Mosty... Mrs. Mosty to the Planning Center...

Now the important stuff, may or may not be in your perceived order of value:

1) Saturday night - Brisket, yes. How many people?
2) Saturday night - "Midnight Ribs"(tm) - how did that become a thing? How many people?
3)Friday night - OIF/Stormtrooper Racing will be having ribs (because pork) like last year. Need hard RSVP for this one.
4) Video cameras / still cameras / camera phones / GoPro / Virb / Vibe / Sony / JVC - whatever. Have always wanted to do a Hallett only video.
5) SIDES!
6) Plates / cutlery / napkins / etc.
7) Beverages - beer / wine / whiskey / bourbon / rum / margaritas (ahem, RedShift...) and bring your own princess cup
8) race car - running or to be running before Q1

What'd we forget?
In. MCCormick x 7 (x3 for midnight ribs)

marshall_mosty
05-27-2016, 07:55 PM
Mosty +2 (Gavin will be with me).

drecords
05-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Edited: Records +2 for both.

michaelmosty
05-28-2016, 11:24 AM
We are in, I'll get Raegan to log in here and help get things coordinated!!

martinsntx
05-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Martin's love BBQ! We're bringing "Angie famous potatoes" sign us up for 4 (2 of those kids).

RichardP
05-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Team RedShift:
x4 Dinner
x2 Midnight ribs

Richard P.

chris-CMC#35
05-30-2016, 06:58 PM
If it matters, just want y'all to know I will be the Thunder Race Director at Hallett.

Let's reach out to the other regions, and get those cars to show up.

-chris

ShadowBolt
05-31-2016, 06:34 AM
If it matters, just want y'all to know I will be the Thunder Race Director at Hallett.

Let's reach out to the other regions, and get those cars to show up.

-chris

Thanks Chris!

JJ

mach1
05-31-2016, 10:39 AM
Tyler and Paul + 3, how does this work, do we bring cash or goods?

BryanL
05-31-2016, 12:53 PM
BL is in for Fri/Sat dinner and of course midnight ribs. Put me down for some sides and/or desserts. Probably need a dessert for midnight, too. I'm just hoping I'm down for #8 as well. Car should be finished with "some assembly required" on Friday night. I won't see it till next Friday.
Also-there is another racer who will be in for everything who hasn't registered that I am confirming with so add that to your headcount.

Chris-thanks for letting us know, being active on the forums, and answering both phone and emails.

Fbody383
05-31-2016, 01:04 PM
Tyler and Paul + 3, how does this work, do we bring cash or goods? Yes...

Just a cuff, brisket is roughly $3.00/lb, ribs about $10/rack.

Angie and famous potatoes, and BL has some sides/deserts.

* PAGING * Raegan Mosty to the forum... Raegan Mosty to the forum... *PAGING*

ShadowBolt
05-31-2016, 02:55 PM
BL is in for Fri/Sat dinner and of course midnight ribs. Put me down for some sides and/or desserts. Probably need a dessert for midnight, too. I'm just hoping I'm down for #8 as well. Car should be finished with "some assembly required" on Friday night. I won't see it till next Friday.
Also-there is another racer who will be in for everything who hasn't registered that I am confirming with so add that to your headcount.

Chris-thanks for letting us know, being active on the forums, and answering both phone and emails.

Would this racer be a doctor by chance? I really hope so.

JJ

BryanL
05-31-2016, 05:01 PM
Would this racer be a doctor by chance? I really hope so.

JJ

Nope. I'll be checking with him but doubt it.

rleng1
05-31-2016, 07:32 PM
Anyone interested in some Ol' English beans?

Storm Trooper
05-31-2016, 09:55 PM
Yes please!

Al Fernandez
05-31-2016, 10:10 PM
Not too late to sign up for Friday Saturday and midnight? Happy to bring sides or desserts

marshall_mosty
05-31-2016, 10:50 PM
Definitely in for some midnight Ribs. I'll bring the cookies!

donovan
06-01-2016, 02:17 PM
What? Hallett?

ShadowBolt
06-01-2016, 04:01 PM
What? Hallett?

Donovan who?

Mason
06-01-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm in for Friday, Saturday, and midnight ribs; just let me know what to bring.

Pranav
06-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Sign me up for everything! I'll bring chips, guac, and beer...

Storm Trooper
06-01-2016, 10:25 PM

:cool:

rleng1
06-01-2016, 10:47 PM

A nice lamb madras and some Kingfisher would hit the spot.
Hard to break my London habits.

Supercharged111
06-01-2016, 11:17 PM
A nice lamb madras and some Kingfisher would hit the spot.
Hard to break my London habits.

Hey now, you're back in 'Murica land. Leave the monocle at home Nigel.

Fbody383
06-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Check your head count in the first post - don't want to miss anybody. Raegan will be assisting to fill in the holes on sides/deserts/plates/napkins/plasticware/etc. Figure we can do snack/chip/dip lighter fare on Friday.

Two smokers (this is getting ridiculous) so we're limited to 8 racks of timely ribs to do them right.

Probably lock headcount down late this weekend so Sean and I can shop for protein.

For color on costs - anything is appreciated since we're at a good number:
Ribs $10/rack-ish
Brisket $3/lb ish
Wood pellets $20/bag ish - probably close to two bags for the weekend
$10 of aluminum foil - like a racecar it adds up
Rub 2.0 - funny how much spices cost. Recipe on the forum somewhere if you want to know what you're getting

Chefs like water, orange drank, and Tullamore Dew though not necessarily in that order while cooking.

marshall_mosty
06-02-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm in for all three sessions of eating...

Supercharged111
06-02-2016, 11:33 PM
Sounds like we sold Hallett to our n00b, so expect an unfamiliar face in Barney to be there. Hopefully he does what I did at my first Hallett, don't let the R badge fool you. He hasn't shedded it yet, just make sure he keeps it clean down there.

michaelmosty
06-03-2016, 12:42 PM
We definitely will Dustin, glad he is going to make it!!
Any other Colorado Region guys planning to make the trip?

michaelmosty
06-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Dave, please add me and Raegan to the Friday midnight ribs. :^)

We can also bring some plates / cutlery / etc. We have some that I think we brought back from one of the events last year.

Fbody383
06-03-2016, 04:11 PM
We can also bring some plates / cutlery / etc. We have some that I think we brought back from one of the events last year. Added, and cool/thanks.

Great, another CO n00b that will outrun me... hey, Super111 - tell him to put in a rear facing camera so I can see The Orange.

michaelmosty
06-04-2016, 10:29 AM
MRS MOSTY has arrived!!!! This is Rae under Michael's login for now. :)

Based on the list that Francis has put together - looks like we need someone to bring plates / napkins and silverware because the Michael Mosty's will bring Buffalo Chicken Dip (you just cant stop eating it!!) and my Deconstructed Mex Corn Side. I'll also have some hot links and cheese as appetizers to pass around while we patiently wait for the brisket to get done. :) Thank you Dave and Sean for always BBQ-ing for all of us!!!! I am sooo looking forward to the weekend with yall!!!

Who else is eating with us and what FAMOUS dish can you bring?!?!?! Soooo excited!!!
Rae

michaelmosty
06-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Miss those beans!!! YAY!!! -Rae

rleng1
06-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Beans are on their way. Careful of the Rocky Mtn flavor.

RichardP
06-04-2016, 01:42 PM
looks like we need someone to bring plates / napkins and silverware

I'll bring the plates, napkins, and silverware...

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
06-04-2016, 02:57 PM
How about a donation of cash? Jay is not a fan of BBQ but I would like to enjoy the brisket. I really doubt I will be up for midnight ribs. How bout it Dave? Cash or do you need me to bring something?

JJ

Supercharged111
06-04-2016, 05:36 PM
We definitely will Dustin, glad he is going to make it!!
Any other Colorado Region guys planning to make the trip?

Rich Vogl is, in addition to Randy.

Fbody383
06-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Cash or do you need me to bring something? Cash is king and point-bys are priceless. I'll only hold you to one.

Fbody383
06-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Almost locked down. I think we're going to be close regardless. OIF/Stormtrooper bringing two smokers. Only real question I have is how big a brisket/or two. We have taters, corn, beans, sausage, etc. for Saturday night. We'll have whatever's still around and cold-beer-getcha-cold-beer for midnight ribs.

Friday is a little more laid back... come find me before lunch and we'll make the call on how much to cook for Friday dinner.

If you said you would bring something - counting on you.
If you said you would bring cash - counting on you.
If you haven't responded and you're AI/CMC, we'll figure it out. Show up for Saturday dinner and we should have enough.
If you want to see what we do, it's not really magic, stop by and watch. Even better, if the track is cold bring the chefs something cold to drink.

Take a deep breath, give the car a once over and let's have a grand time... it's Hallett.

Trublu
06-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Almost locked down. I think we're going to be close regardless. OIF/Stormtrooper bringing two smokers. Only real question I have is how big a brisket/or two. We have taters, corn, beans, sausage, etc. for Saturday night. We'll have whatever's still around and cold-beer-getcha-cold-beer for midnight ribs.

Friday is a little more laid back... come find me before lunch and we'll make the call on how much to cook for Friday dinner.

If you said you would bring something - counting on you.
If you said you would bring cash - counting on you.
If you haven't responded and you're AI/CMC, we'll figure it out. Show up for Saturday dinner and we should have enough.
If you want to see what we do, it's not really magic, stop by and watch. Even better, if the track is cold bring the chefs something cold to drink.

Take a deep breath, give the car a once over and let's have a grand time... it's Hallett.
Dave should I contact your mater de Rae or can you advise what we we should bring. FYI I've got the beer part sorted

ShadowBolt
06-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Dave should I contact your mater de Rae or can you advise what we we should bring. FYI I've got the beer part sorted

What kind of beer are you bringing for me?

JJ

Fbody383
06-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Dave should I contact your mater de Rae or can you advise what we we should bring. I think we're pretty good... but how about some of them jalapeno poppers?

OIF/Stormtrooper Smokehouse Hours of Operation

Friday - ribs go on around noon to eat around 6:00pm. Timing on this really pretty easy to work on. Brisket goes on around 8:30-9:00 Friday night... yes, it's about 1.2 hours/lb. using Orange math.

Saturday - goal will be to have brisket done around 5:00pm so it can rest a bit before we slice it. We'll have the second smoker to use for heating up/cooking sides and stuff too.

Midnight Ribs(tm) - will sound familiar, ribs go on around 6:00pm. As a reminder in case you might not really like them... Rub 2.0 applied with the same touch as a german shepherd on a crack addict. On smoke/190 degrees for 3 hours with a light spritz of apple juice/apple cider vinegar every hour or so to keep 'em moist. Then ribs come out for a slatherin' of Stubbs Sweet Heat cut with honey, a sprinkle of brown sugar, and another spritz before a foil wrapper and back in at 225-250 for two hours more. For the last 45-60 minutes, the pork popsicles come out of their shell, get sauced/sprinkled/spritz one last time while the sugary/saucy glaze sets in. Slice. Gnaw. Guzzle.

It's Midnight Ribs(tm), it's the 2016 Summer Shootout... it's Hallett!

chris-CMC#35
06-06-2016, 08:06 PM
(the following is a repeat of an email going to everyone who is on Will's Thunder registration list. plus a few...)

Hello everybody, or should I say… Howdy y’all!!

Okay, that’s out of the way.

Thunder at Hallett is what the whole weekend is all about. We let the other groups come along, but really, it’s the sound of American V8s in this special place that makes the weekend so unique.

There is a mis-match between the Welcome Letter, and the Schedule. The Welcome Letter says the Thunder driver’s meeting is 15 minutes after Qual on Saturday. The Schedule says the Thunder driver’s meeting is 15 minutes after Warm-up. In both cases, the meeting is at raceport # 21.

Since we all know drivers will do their absolute best to avoid meetings, I’m going to make this relatively easy: I will be at raceport #21 at both times. But the meeting that counts will be the one after Qual; if you don’t show up for that meeting, then your Qual time will be thrown out, and you will grid at the back.

The point of having a meeting after Warm-up was to be able to make sure everyone knows that in Qual, the track is green as soon as you go out. No tire scrubbing. If you think you need to warm up your tires, then grid in the back.

Next point: dyno sheets. Bring them. This is a cross-over event, so everyone’s home dyno is accepted. But if you don’t have a current dyno sheet, for the car as it shows up at Hallett, then you will be fun-running.

Remember: show up to the Driver’s meeting. If you don’t, then (in my best Pacino) “you’re dead to me.”

See ya,
Chris

RichardP
06-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Can we add four people to Friday night ribs for Red Shift Racing?

Thanks,
Richard P.

Fbody383
06-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Can we add four people to Friday night ribs for Red Shift Racing? Yes, done. Bring Friday margaritas.

Fbody383
06-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Next point: dyno sheets. Bring them. This is a cross-over event, so everyone’s home dyno is accepted. But if you don’t have a current dyno sheet, for the car as it shows up at Hallett, then you will be fun-running. Not sure why that rubbed me wrong initially... right there in the rules:

3.9 Dynamometer Certification ...must be kept with the car's logbook and be ready to present to any official. I've got the graph, Chris do you want a copy of the dyno form available too? I don't think I made a copy before I turned it in at annual tech.

BryanL
06-07-2016, 10:55 AM
What kind of beer are you bringing for me?

JJ
Hah-you need a case of BL? That would be Miller Lite in Craig's cooler of course, but he may not have room for it with the two extra short blocks he is bringing. Just make sure you bring enough 93 this year. I don't want any excuses when I whip the 55 senseless this year.....yeah I know the 55 has had some good runs at Hallett, but you never know if my plus or minus 3 degrees camber in my front or rear might be the hot ticket.

Pranav
06-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Bringing about 45 gallons of 93 this year. The car will either burn all of it through internal combustion, or it will be external combustion when I use it to set it on fire and push it down a hill.

mach1
06-07-2016, 12:56 PM
3 degrees camber in my front or rear might be the hot ticket.

Oh please don't tease me with that!

Supercharged111
06-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Hah-you need a case of BL? That would be Miller Lite in Craig's cooler of course, but he may not have room for it with the two extra short blocks he is bringing. Just make sure you bring enough 93 this year. I don't want any excuses when I whip the 55 senseless this year.....yeah I know the 55 has had some good runs at Hallett, but you never know if my plus or minus 3 degrees camber in my front or rear might be the hot ticket.

Someone remind Craig to dyno all those motors in his car before Hallett.

chris-CMC#35
06-07-2016, 07:37 PM
Not sure why that rubbed me wrong initially... right there in the rules:

I've got the graph, Chris do you want a copy of the dyno form available too? I don't think I made a copy before I turned it in at annual tech.

The only rub I want you thinking about, is the bbq...

We just need the dyno sheet that your local Series Director signed. I'm not trying to be a pain, really.

ShadowBolt
06-07-2016, 09:11 PM
The only rub I want you thinking about, is the bbq...

We just need the dyno sheet that your local Series Director signed. I'm not trying to be a pain, really.

You don't have to try Chris. Being a pain comes to you naturally. LOL

JJ

BryanL
06-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Can we add four people to Friday night ribs for Red Shift Racing?

Thanks,
Richard P.

Richard-Do you know anything about the doors off the donor? Do you want me to pull them off when I pick my car up at the bodyshop to bring them to Hallett?

Camaro's--I'm going to talk to them about cutting the fenders/rockers out. Then the car will be cut in half and scrapped. Let me know if anyone would like any other spare parts from an LT1 donor.

BlueFirePony
06-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Midnight Ribs(tm) - how did this become a thing?
I've been doing Midnight Brisket(tm) since at least 2001 - I always leave at least one tip in the smoker for extra extra moist. It's crack.
For this group IIRC Midnight Ribs was created at MSR-Cresson 2011 when Randy, Dr Frank and I were cooking and we forgot we left about 6 racks double wrapped on Dave B.s grill - around 11PM we noticed the stack as we were cleaning up and there was still quite a few hungry late nighters so...voila . Midnight Ribs - but you trademarked it Dave so you can create the history ;)

Fbody383
06-08-2016, 10:33 AM
For this group IIRC Midnight Ribs was created at MSR-Cresson 2011 when Randy, Dr Frank and I were cooking and we forgot we left about 6 racks double wrapped on Dave B.s grill I usually miss Cresson, but don't doubt you. We had handed out Friday dinner scraps last year and that had some interested parties asking for pork popsicles on Saturday night. Must be in the AI/CMC genetics.

Fbody383
06-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Let me know if anyone would like any other spare parts from an LT1 donor.If it's a 6 speed car - cut the trans tunnel around the shifter opening, and cut the firewall around the brake booster and clutch master. Perfect patterns doublers for using in an automatic chassis.

Believe me when I say you'll enjoy that when trying locate the clutch master.

RichardP
06-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Richard-Do you know anything about the doors off the donor? Do you want me to pull them off when I pick my car up at the bodyshop to bring them to Hallett?

Craig would like the doors but we won't have any space to bring them home from Hallett. We could have extra room for events at TWS or Houston if you can hang on to them...

Richard P.

Fbody383
06-08-2016, 11:59 AM
We just need the dyno sheet that your local Series Director signed. I'm not trying to be a pain, really. I understand the intent and it's perfectly fine. Of course I can't warranty that I can provide something I don't have...

You guys have the black boxes for this event? Put one on the 65 and 11.

Pranav
06-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Before this escalates any further, Chris, are you aware that the regional directors currently hold all of the signed dyno sheets/forms? Ask them for that info; some racers may bring what they have, but it is impossible for many to bring what is being asked, simply because they were instructed to turn it into their regional directors at the season opener.

I will bring a new sheet and form as I installed and dynoed a new motor last week.

Supercharged111
06-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Before this escalates any further, Chris, are you aware that the regional directors currently hold all of the signed dyno sheets/forms? Ask them for that info; some racers may bring what they have, but it is impossible for many to bring what is being asked, simply because they were instructed to turn it into their regional directors at the season opener.

I will bring a new sheet and form as I installed and dynoed a new motor last week.

This is a concern of mine. I have a couple guys headed your way. I can email scanned copies to you or them, would that suffice?

Al Fernandez
06-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Had two blowouts last night...hope the weekend drama is already behind me

Supercharged111
06-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Email sent to Al and Michael regarding my guys' dynos. . .

chris-CMC#35
06-09-2016, 03:25 PM
This is a concern of mine. I have a couple guys headed your way. I can email scanned copies to you or them, would that suffice?

Yes, that will be fine; email them to me. I have already received several like that.

chris-CMC#35
06-09-2016, 03:39 PM

(Pranav - I'm not picking on you...)

I'm not sure why this is freaking out so many people. CMC rule 3.9 has been the same for years: a dyno form must be kept with the car's logbook.

If AI is different, then okay.

BryanL
06-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Mosty-Friday night I have nanner puddin-so need plenty of small bowls and spoons. Sat night small plates and forks will be fine and hope some puddin is still leftover.

I can see it now "#24 Wins DynoGate at Hallett 2016"......or at least beats the 55!

michaelmosty
06-09-2016, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry for the late reply but we have been I've been on a family vacation since Sunday.

I have dyno's that I received at the beginning of the year from McSpadden, Martin, Jander, Jordan, Allford, Gunter, Robertson, Richardson, Francis, and Mosty.
I know since TWS I need paper copies of new dyno's from McCormick, Patel, and Gardner. I have computer copies of McCormick and Gardner but if you have paper copies please bring them.

Anyone that I do not have copies, I can get them at Hallett.
See y'all this weekend!!

Pranav
06-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Michael, Marshall, Jerry, sent y'all PMs.

Head is still spinning from this event, wow too much to process, but I survived and had fun.

michaelmosty
06-13-2016, 12:31 PM
Pranav, your inbox is full.

Pranav
06-13-2016, 01:31 PM
cleared