PDA

View Full Version : is there a good "u pull it" yard in the DFW area?

chris-CMC#35
06-17-2016, 12:06 PM
This is for one of my work trucks. Need a driver side front fender, and hoping to find one in standard Chev white. Any suggestions?

thanks
chris

Rob Liebbe
06-17-2016, 04:13 PM
This is for one of my work trucks. Need a driver side front fender, and hoping to find one in standard Chev white. Any suggestions?

thanks
chris

There are several in Grand Prairie, south of I30, west of Loop 12.

michaelmosty
06-17-2016, 04:25 PM
Pick-n-Pull is the one I always hear about on the radio. I have no clue of their reputation though but like Rob said, that I30 / Loop 12 area is where most of the big ones are.

dtanker65
06-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Awesome Auto Salvage I30 and Loop 12 Grand Prairie. Lots of trucks on a huge yard that's sorted by make and truck/car. Nice people, good prices and no hassle.

Supercharged111
06-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Multiple great Upullits in CO, come all! Bring the pain!

Seriously though, we have Pueblo, COS, and 2 locations in Denver. Just sayin. . .

chris-CMC#35
06-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Huge thanks to everyone. I spent the day along East Jefferson in Grand Prairie. Tried 5 yards. Turns out none of them have any hoods, bumpers or fenders for this era of Chev pickups. But boy howdy - what a stretch of road. I've never seen so many salvage yards in one place. The folks were great at each one of them.

ShadowBolt
06-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Huge thanks to everyone. I spent the day along East Jefferson in Grand Prairie. Tried 5 yards. Turns out none of them have any hoods, bumpers or fenders for this era of Chev pickups. But boy howdy - what a stretch of road. I've never seen so many salvage yards in one place. The folks were great at each one of them.

You know the salvage yards can search the whole country for the part you need?

JJ

Pranav
06-19-2016, 02:13 AM
Yeah, always use car-part.com, pretty much all of the yards have their inventory in it. This is how I found that 3.42 posi rear end in Wichita on Friday afternoon at Hallett.

chris-CMC#35
06-20-2016, 04:48 PM
You know the salvage yards can search the whole country for the part you need?

JJ

Yes, but... I was hoping I could find SOMETHING that would work. Alas, no. So, I have to buy an aftermarket fender, and get it painted.