PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours of Le Mans (2016)

marshall_mosty
06-19-2016, 08:06 AM
All I can say is Le Mans is just as cruel and brutal as Hallett... No spoiler, but just one word... "Wow"...

Fbody383
06-19-2016, 10:16 AM
... "Wow"... I've got the last many hours on the DVR; no Twitter until I get to finish it up after lunch. And already saw a flash of the podium of the F1 race. And had to fast forward not looking so I could see the Cerrone / Cote fight without knowing the result... too much technology.

michaelmosty
06-19-2016, 03:00 PM
My DVR only recorded from hour 22 down to hour 17, I just started watching it.
I also have the UFC to get caught up on.

I probably got LeMans bumped for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode. :^(

Fbody383
06-19-2016, 03:28 PM
So my last two hours of Le Mans... U.S. Open. AAAARRRGGGGGHHHH.

Fbody383
06-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Finally hit the twitter... O. M. G.

Supercharged111
06-20-2016, 08:16 AM
All I can say is Le Mans is just as cruel and brutal as Hallett... No spoiler, but just one word... "Wow"...

You mean because of all the cheater Fords?

ShadowBolt
06-20-2016, 08:41 AM

Yeah the "cheater Fords" that had to carry extra weight and lower their boost while the others got to increase theirs? Yeah those "cheater Fords"!

JJ

Fbody383
06-20-2016, 09:40 AM
Yeah those "cheater Fords"! COUGHsandbaggersCOUGH

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/fighting-talk-from-ford-on-sandbagging-allegations-788902/?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=RSS-ALL&utm_term=News&utm_content=www

Put enough money in the way and folks will try to go get it. GT sure looks cool though.

mach1
06-20-2016, 09:58 AM

Lol, I was so far under on every "max" at Hallett.
All of the DQ stories scared me out of pushing the limit on the rules.

marshall_mosty
06-20-2016, 10:16 AM
I was more talking about the P1 storyline and not the GT vs. Ferrari.

mach1
06-20-2016, 10:31 AM
I was more talking about the P1 storyline and not the GT vs. Ferrari.

Yeah, I feel bad for Toyota :(

Fbody383
06-20-2016, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I feel bad for Toyota :( I know the feeling... on the way to the first ever Hallett win when the power steering pump let go.

Supercharged111
06-20-2016, 12:18 PM

Like losing a podium spot to a technicality that had nothing to do with your performance? I once lost a qual spot to my air dam that came with the car. I was not impressed. Still my fault for misunderstanding the rules and thinking I was GTG but at the same time a lame way to get to start DFL.

Fbody383
06-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Still my fault for misunderstanding the rules and thinking I was GTG but at the same time a lame way to get to start DFL. 0.09"

mach1
06-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Like losing a podium spot to a technicality that had nothing to do with your performance? I once lost a qual spot to my air dam that came with the car. I was not impressed. Still my fault for misunderstanding the rules and thinking I was GTG but at the same time a lame way to get to start DFL.

Exactly, I got sent to the back last year at Hallett after qual because I was barely under on weight, ended up finishing 2nd in the final race, it may have cost me the win, the rules are the rules and Francis set a great example by taking the DQ like a man. The max fox sway bar size is 33mm, I had an aftermarket bar on the car that I mic’d and some of it was over 33.5 and some under, I did’t want to risk it so I pulled the bar off the car. My air dam, I cut it .5” short on width and height, etc. I also reach out to the series director and get his take on the rules to make sure what I am running is legal. It was nice of him to post that they were going to be tough on tech at Hallett, I checked a bunch of stuff that I was pretty damn sure was legal just to make sure. Everyone here should learn from my and others mistakes, Marshall's weight story is epic and after hearing it I think about it all the time when considering how close I am going to cut it.

Fbody383
06-20-2016, 03:01 PM
But back to bad Toyota luck and cheatin' fords...

Storm Trooper
06-20-2016, 04:16 PM

WOW Tyler you rock! I was just glad to to get there ;) that's why your fast,and Iam well.......behind lol