PDA

View Full Version : Eagle's Canyon preview

mitchntx
10-05-2006, 08:02 PM
A note from Eagle's Canyon track ...

You can be the first person to drive Eagles Canyon Raceway!

This Saturday is the 100th anniversary for the founding of City of Decatur and they would like our involvement. Here is the deal. Activities will occur all day, booths, games, food etc. At 10:00am there will be a Parade in downtown Decatur. The City has given permission for non-licensed race cars to participate. You can drive or trailer them, your choice. After the Parade, Eagles Canyon and SCCA will have a reserved parking area around the courthouse.

Interested parties will gather at the Courthouse between noon and 1:00 and have lunch. At 1:00 a caravan will leave Decatur and drive to the racetrack. If weather permits there will be a slow caravan on the course itself. After the tour you can go home or return to Decatur for "The Last Cruise of the Summer". This event is billed as one of the largest car shows and cruises in the area and will last from 4:00 to 8:00.

AI#97
10-05-2006, 10:04 PM
A note from Eagle's Canyon track ...

You can be the first person to drive Eagles Canyon Raceway!

This Saturday is the 100th anniversary for the founding of City of Decatur and they would like our involvement. Here is the deal. Activities will occur all day, booths, games, food etc. At 10:00am there will be a Parade in downtown Decatur. The City has given permission for non-licensed race cars to participate. You can drive or trailer them, your choice. After the Parade, Eagles Canyon and SCCA will have a reserved parking area around the courthouse.

Interested parties will gather at the Courthouse between noon and 1:00 and have lunch. At 1:00 a caravan will leave Decatur and drive to the racetrack. If weather permits there will be a slow caravan on the course itself. After the tour you can go home or return to Decatur for "The Last Cruise of the Summer". This event is billed as one of the largest car shows and cruises in the area and will last from 4:00 to 8:00.

Yay! cheatin bastich practice!!!! Woohooo!!!!!

Got a direct link to this because I really need to drive the car this weekend. Tempted to put the nose on it and go drive it RIGHT NOW!!!!!

jeffburch
10-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Are they done paving?

County slogan- "Eighter from Decatur, county seat of Wise"

jb

AI#97
10-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Are they done paving?

jb

I am going out there in the truck this weekend to get out of the house...paved or not, I think it won't matter! :wink:

GlennCMC70
10-06-2006, 07:33 AM
the track also recieved a spot in the November GRM. got mine yesterday.
opening day looks to be Dec this year!

Tex89
10-06-2006, 02:27 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa061006_wz_wiseplanecrash.1145c428.html

AllZWay
10-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Wow... a major accident before they even get opened. :shock:

oz98cobra
10-06-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa061006_wz_wiseplanecrash.1145c428.html

Damn Kia has no business being on a race track! ;)

Hope the people in the plane are OK!

CMC17
10-06-2006, 03:55 PM
I too hope everyone is ok. Unfortunate incident. :(

jeffburch
10-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Looking at the drawings of the track it appears they did the same thing as was done in Houston.
The entrance to pit row (track exit) is in the same place.

http://eaglescanyon.com/img/racetrack2.gif

jb

michaelmosty
10-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Is it just me or does the map of this track have ALOT of similarities to MSR-H?
T-6 through T-12 seems alot like MSRH T-2 through T-11
T-13 through T-1 seems alot like MSRH "gutcheck" through T-1
Maybe I'm just seeing things. 8)

AllZWay
10-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Anyone else get the email that this track will the new home of THE DRIVERS EDGE. Very interesting.... I wonder how much they will travel to other tracks now?

AI#97
10-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Anyone else get the email that this track will the new home of THE DRIVERS EDGE. Very interesting.... I wonder how much they will travel to other tracks now?

Didn't see that notice but looking at the track tells me it's going to be a BITCH on brakes!!!

AllZWay
10-13-2006, 02:34 PM
The Drivers Edge Adds New Event for 2006!
Different From Any Event Before, Everyone is Invited!

We've had an Incredible year! Now we want to celebrate with you and show off our future home facility at Racers Ranch, the beautiful country club for car enthuthiasts!

Saturday November 4th
9:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Racers Ranch
13350 Hiram Rd.
Wills Point, Texas

To sign up for this event please go to

http://www.TheDriversEdge.net/RR

to reserve your spot today.

The Drivers Edge is teaming up with Racers Ranch to offer the best, exclusive auto facility in the United States. There are many private race track clubs, but none compare to Racers Ranch!

The crown jewel of Racers Ranch will be a flowing 3.5 mile road race circuit. Plus, Racers Ranch will include amenities such as a club house, pool, equestrian center, gun club and a 1,300 acre shared-owner ranch. The shared-owner ranch features limited home sites surrounded by conservation preserved land that will be enjoyed by generations of Texans.

Bring your family for food fun and a glimpse
into the future of The Drivers Edge!

Tex89
10-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow,

I didn't know that Eagle Caynon & Racers Ranch where the same?

AllZWay
10-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Wow,

oOOPSS... They're not.

Tex89
10-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Wow,

oOOPSS... They're not.

Just bustin your balls alittle. :D

jeffburch
10-14-2006, 03:51 PM
3 ranches in the N.Tx area??????
Hopefully in years to come, one will slide down the social ladder.
We need a wild and wooly hangout like Hallett in these here parts.
A place that sells a single session instead of selling memberships.

jb

Mike Bell
10-14-2006, 04:40 PM
New track in Austin:

http://harrishillroad.com

Looks like these things are popping up all over the place! :shock:

chris-CMC#35
10-16-2006, 05:16 PM

jb

My sister lives in Sunset, and she offers this story...

One night, a cowboy from the country was about to roll the dice at a table in Ft. Worth. Before the fateful throw, he glanced up and remarked, "Look fellas, it's Ada (pronounced "Ader" in his twang) from Decatur. That's the county seat of Wise." He then proceed to roll double fours, and win the pot.

-chris

AI#97
10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
New track in Austin:

Hell, pretty soon we can have 8 races at 8 different tracks and never run the same one twice in a season!!! That ought to put and end to the North/south bitchfest?! :lol:

Boudy
10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Hell, pretty soon we can have 8 races at 8 different tracks and never run the same one twice in a season!!!:lol:

That would be pretty damn cool.

Boudy

Todd Covini
10-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Hell, pretty soon we can have 8 races at 8 different tracks and never run the same one twice in a season!!!:lol:

Boudy

Which would be cool?
8 races at 8 different tracks or putting an end to the bitchfest?
:lol:

AI#97
10-16-2006, 09:07 PM

Boudy

Which would be cool?

Which "bitchfest" are YOU referring to? There are at a minimum of 9 separate strings of bitch and I was ONLY referring to the North/south bias bitch.... go back to mopping out the ranchero and get your shit together for this weekend! :wink:

donovan
10-16-2006, 09:09 PM
New track in Austin:

Well, since they let the cat out of the bag...

I worked directly with Bo and Eric on this project. I have worked on and off of this one for about 18 months. The initial layout was a sketch on a 3"x3" postcard, I ran with his design from there and we ended up with the final layout after about three months. It was lots of fun, I can't wait to take a few laps on it.

It's about 15 minutes from my house!

David D.

marshall_mosty
10-16-2006, 09:16 PM
... initial layout was a sketch on a 3"x3" postcard, I ran with his design from there and we ended up with the final layout after about three months...

Ohh, I see, take all the things your car is good at... and build a track around it! Must be nice to be "on the inside". 8) I kid...... I kid......

Boudy
10-17-2006, 07:32 AM
Which would be cool?

Don't start none, won't be none. :wink:

Boudy

Wirtz
10-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Found another one.

http://www.bergrennenring.com/

Anyone know something about this group?
Jeff

oz98cobra
10-26-2006, 11:36 AM
What I find amusing is all these tracks being designed to "F1 specs" when the chances we will ever see an F1 race on any of them is Buckley's to none - and text book F1 tracks typically make very poor GT/sedan race tracks - which is 99% of what they will be used for. Go figure ...

gt40
10-26-2006, 02:09 PM
What I find amusing is all these tracks being designed to "F1 specs" when the chances we will ever see an F1 race on any of them is Buckley's to none - and text book F1 tracks typically make very poor GT/sedan race tracks - which is 99% of what they will be used for. Go figure ...Well, "F1 specs" sure does sound impressive to ignorant/uninformed investors.

Mike Bell
10-26-2006, 02:14 PM
What I find amusing is all these tracks being designed to "F1 specs" when the chances we will ever see an F1 race on any of them is Buckley's to none - and text book F1 tracks typically make very poor GT/sedan race tracks - which is 99% of what they will be used for. Go figure ...Well, "F1 specs" sure does sound impressive to ignorant/uninformed investors.

You never know, could be the latest "buzzword" in insurance standards. Figure it's safe enough for The Chin, good enough for ricky-redneck-in-a-tin-jalopy type reasoning.

Todd Covini
10-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Hmmm...they say they will deliver a "Bavarian/Texas Flavor".

Will that be kinda like deep fried Twinkies? :P

CMC17
10-27-2006, 07:21 AM
My family is from Bavaria.

Recommended:

Schweinsbraten
or
Nürnberger Bratwurst mit Sauerkraut

Served with Texas hot sauce.

Yummy!!

macstang
10-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Damn Eric, that brings back GOOD memories...

Oktoberfest yah.

oz98cobra
10-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Can't see that Bergrennenring track ever getting past just an idea and a website with the business model they have - where they think they are going to find 50 people to pony up $100,000 and another 200 to ante up $25,000 - on just a maybe - is beyond me? :roll:

They have no land yet, no DA approval, no hint of any other source of capital or risk on theor part - no nuttin - and there is not even anything on their website about who the people are - not even a phone number to call!? Note that the "membership application" is not a request for more information, it's a form to accompany payment! Even if you had cash to burn, would you fill out an online form and pay $25K or $100K to some entity that you know absolutely nothing about? Of course not!

Even if there was something more solid to it, there just aren't that many wealthy road course drivers in SA and Austin with that kinda ready change sitting around doing nothing - especially when there are several other quality tracks within a 4 hour drive that already exist, or are much more likely to be built soon, competing for their attention!

AI#97
10-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Even if there was something more solid to it, there just aren't that many wealthy road course drivers in SA and Austin with that kinda ready change sitting around doing nothing - especially when there are several other quality tracks within a 4 hour drive that already exist, or are much more likely to be built soon, competing for their attention!

Landscaping at these tracks is going to be a lucrative business because there aren't going to be enough cars on them to knock the grass down unless Corey starts finding a lot more free time!!! :wink:

mitchntx
10-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Darron ... the gas well boom has made a lot of folks a lot of money in the last couple years.

oz98cobra
10-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Darron ... the gas well boom has made a lot of folks a lot of money in the last couple years.

Sure, but those folks are not about to part with it lightly are they?

jeffburch
12-18-2006, 08:01 AM
It looks as though paving is complete.
jb

jeffburch
05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
If the hooptie wasn't in a million pieces,
I would be all about this charity event;
http://www.eaglescanyon.com/php/news.php#51

jb

I may ride out there Sat am to check it out.
Anyone wanna go?