PDA

View Full Version : CMC Mustang Build

mach1
11-29-2016, 11:06 AM
Member "Matthew Smith" is having issues getting his account activated so I am posting this for him. Can someone activate his account?

Good afternoon, I am a newbie to road course driving, mainly drag racing is where I have spent all of my time. I recently moved and I hear can the cars at the cresson race track on the weekends. Man they sound good. I have a few questions about cage requirements/ configurations for CMC mustangs. I have talked to several local shops but they are expensive and are trying to sell me more than I believe is needed. If you have the time, I would like to speak about CMC, cars and rules.

I have tried to post this question on the forum and I still do not have the permissions. I've emailed and messaged the administrator but have not heard back from them. Today, I wanted to see if I could send a pm to someone and just happen to be reading your add for the tires. No real reason. I'm not a Ford or Chevy guy persay just a Die Hard mustang fan. I own 2, was hoping to see/talk to someone about CMC and possibly start small with my 87 Coupe.
Thanks,
Matt

Fbody383
11-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Matthew is in the system... I sent him a PM. I do think there are some authorities to be granted for a couple of the more "rowdy" sections in the forum.

mach1
11-29-2016, 02:18 PM
First suggestion, read the CMC rulebook, it's pretty short all things considered. Read it several times. To cut to the chase, put some gt40's on a 5.0 with an E-Cam, T5's seem to break a lot so get a 3550/TKO in there. Good shocks/struts, the higher rate H&R springs seem to be popular. When your account is able to post, ask any other questions you need!

blk96gt
11-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Matthew is in the system... I sent him a PM. I do think there are some authorities to be granted for a couple of the more "rowdy" sections in the forum.

Where are these rowdy areas at??

GlennCMC70
11-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Since you can't see them, we know the system is still working as designed.

marshall_mosty
11-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Welcome back Glenn!

dtanker65
11-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Welcome back Glenn and welcome Matthew!

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum that you can tap to build a car. Consider buying a ready to race car as well, there aren't any lemons running in this region. I agree the Mustang is superior, but I am still having some issues with Camaros that seem to end up ahead of me at the checkered flag....