PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to MSRH?

mach1
01-05-2017, 05:45 PM
A little over 3 weeks away, 1 CMC and 2 AI cars are registered, anyone else going?

ShadowBolt
01-05-2017, 06:43 PM
A little over 3 weeks away, 1 CMC and 2 AI cars are registered, anyone else going?

I still have work to do on my car but I had planned on making it. Now if it's only two or three cars in CMC then I will see you at Cresson.

RichardP
01-05-2017, 06:53 PM
All three Red Shift CMC cars are planning on being there even though we have a lot of work to do to be ready...

Richard P.

marshall_mosty
01-05-2017, 07:15 PM
I still don't have shocks/struts in the car or an engine for that matter...

I'll be there!

liquidroam
01-05-2017, 09:33 PM
I will be there

mach1
01-05-2017, 11:54 PM
I still don't have shocks/struts in the car or an engine for that matter...

I'll be there!

I feel your pain!!
See you guys in Houston.

drecords
01-06-2017, 12:41 AM
No shocks yet, pinion seal popped a leak sitting on stands, I'm a strong maybe. Don't really want to wait until Cresson to get on track again...

blk96gt
01-06-2017, 08:54 AM
I won't be making it. Hope to make it to Cresson.

Storm Trooper
01-06-2017, 09:54 AM
I will be there as pit crew
No car

Pranav
01-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Working hard to make it. Fingers crossed, first dyno tomorrow and 1-2 days on track next week to shake down the EL ES JUAN.

Fbody383
01-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Working on Plan A and Plan B for a helmet but car has new shocks and starts. A little power steering leak never hurt nobody.

marshall_mosty
01-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Working on Plan A and Plan B for a helmet but car has new shocks and starts. A little power steering leak never hurt nobody.

Michael and I are sharing my car this season so you are more than welcome to borrow mine when he is in the car. I wear a balaclava, and it's pretty new so not too funky.

Sook
01-08-2017, 01:23 PM
The orange car doesn't have a wiring harness, intake setup, exhaust setup, hasn't been dyno'd (or even started with the new motor). So exactly on track to be ready for MSR-H, can't wait!

- Josh

Fbody383
01-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Helmet in hand... sans HANS anchors but that's easy.

Dyno or AIX... is that the question?

marshall_mosty
01-13-2017, 04:53 PM
I have shocks/struts and picking up the engine tomorrow morning before leaving for the banquet. It's going to be a crazy few "weekend days" to get this pile back together.

Pranav
01-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Trying to put the rest of the car back together tonight, re dyno tomorrow, track day Sunday.

Not much sleeping going on this weekend but can't wait till Sunday night when I finally put a race ready car away in the garage. If nothing goes wrong sunday I won't have to touch it again before the event.

marshall_mosty
01-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Well, I'm getting the short block. When Richard was getting ready to finish up the valve job, and found two valves that would be pretty thin once cut, so Summit, here we come. I guess the engine will wait until next weekend to get in the car. It will have about 5 min of run time before practice on Friday. Yea!

dtanker65
01-13-2017, 07:58 PM
I have been wanting to build a motor around that block since Ford offered it. It's the product of what Ford learned from the Boss 302 (iron block) and Cleveland/Windsor motors.

ShadowBolt
01-13-2017, 09:52 PM
I just patched up the engine in the 55 tonight. Cylinders are pretty scratched up and one head and all Pistons were damaged by detonation. I honed the cylinders as best I could but the scratches were too deep. I dropped down to 9.75:1 compression ratio with new 18CC pistons, new rod bearings (just for giggles) and got a used head from Kevin. Jay is driving down tomorrow to help me drop the engine in. I hope this POS will be okay. It was running damn good with all he detonation damage including one ringland broken. It was going through a quart of oil per race.

JJ

marshall_mosty
01-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Jerry,
Looks like everything is getting slopped back together last minute. LOL

liquidroam
01-14-2017, 10:50 AM
The orange car doesn't have a wiring harness, intake setup, exhaust setup, hasn't been dyno'd (or even started with the new motor). So exactly on track to be ready for MSR-H, can't wait!

- Josh

I thought you redid the entire wiring harness before TWS last year.

Sook
01-16-2017, 12:49 AM
I thought you redid the entire wiring harness before TWS last year.

Yep, it was running alright but killing ICMs every other run. Then the car caught on fire in R2... Burned pretty good all across the passenger side and underneath the engine. Probably my fault for stopping a dead car on the grass. Couldn't deal with the LT1 anymore, swapped over to an LS1.

Got the car running for the first time 10 mins ago, have some coolant crossover leaks I have to deal with. Getting it running is a big deal since I bought the motor from an F-Body junk yard. Fingers crossed it'll be ready for houston.

liquidroam
01-18-2017, 07:59 AM
Yep, it was running alright but killing ICMs every other run. Then the car caught on fire in R2... Burned pretty good all across the passenger side and underneath the engine. Probably my fault for stopping a dead car on the grass. Couldn't deal with the LT1 anymore, swapped over to an LS1.

Got the car running for the first time 10 mins ago, have some coolant crossover leaks I have to deal with. Getting it running is a big deal since I bought the motor from an F-Body junk yard. Fingers crossed it'll be ready for houston.

Oh wow I missed that whole mess by having to leave early. Damn.

Pranav
01-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Car is finally track ready. Going to try track it Monday to check the past 6 months of work, then spend a couple of nights getting it and my gear race ready.

A little nervous, its all new/rebuilt from intake to axles plus all wiring/plumbing and s bunch of other stuff.