PDA

View Full Version : CMC Mustang

btaylor101
02-25-2017, 01:03 PM
I'm working my way up the HPDE ranks and I'd like to eventually race in the Camaro Mustang Challenge. I'd like to buy a CMC Mustang race car to begin getting used to what it is like to drive a race car and also experiment with what I like and don't like. I investigated building one, but I'd rather buy an existing car and work it from there. Ideally, I'm looking for something a little more stock with as few modifications as possible. I have an upper level limit of 10k. Please let me know if anyone has anything, or knows of someone who has a prospect.

marshall_mosty
02-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Glenn landrumn is selling his CMC 4th Gen.
https://www.facebook.com/glenn.landrum.9/posts/1288178217909197

VERY well built car.

btaylor101
02-25-2017, 02:24 PM
I was looking to buy a Mustang specifically, but those photos look like he put a lot of time into this build.

WutApex
02-26-2017, 03:07 AM
I know nothing about it and have no clue if it's still around, but there's been one on Winding Road (http://showroom.windingroad.com/listings/product/2497/)for a while now. Looks like some quality parts on there.

btaylor101
02-26-2017, 08:28 AM
I have been trying to get a hold of him, but I can't contact him. Winding Road's site errors out when I try to contact the seller. I then went to the Rocky Mountain NASA site and couldn't join their forums. I reached out to their general information email and I am waiting for a reply.

WutApex
02-26-2017, 01:27 PM
1995-Ford-Mustang-GT-Race-Car-With-Trailer (http://www.racingjunk.com/NASA-Camaro-Mustang-Challenge/182842147/1995-Ford-Mustang-GT-Race-Car-With-Trailer.html#1)

btaylor101
02-26-2017, 05:01 PM
I talked with the owner via text and he has a verbal commitment with a new owner already, they are just working out the transportation details. If it falls through he will reach out to me.

marshall_mosty
02-26-2017, 07:06 PM
I talked with the owner via text and he has a verbal commitment with a new owner already, they are just working out the transportation details. If it falls through he will reach out to me.

That car will need the tune removed and run only a 17" rim to be CMC legal (from the listing at least)...

Suck fumes
02-27-2017, 12:24 AM
I'll sell you mine for $30k.

Rob Liebbe
02-27-2017, 09:03 AM
That car will need the tune removed and run only a 17" rim to be CMC legal (from the listing at least)...

Rear axle girdle and lexan/ducted quarter windows also need to be replaced if I remember correctly on that Arizona car.

BADVENM
02-27-2017, 01:14 PM
A few years ago the CMC national champion had sail panel side windows (not windshield or rear window) in his Mustang along with other non conforming/missing parts. They were deemed not to be a performance advantage despite the rules and he was allowed to keep his championship.

Fbody383
02-27-2017, 01:58 PM
A few years ago the CMC national champion had lexan windows in his Mustang along with other non conforming/missing parts. They were deemed not to be a performance advantage despite the rules and he was allowed to keep his championship. I remember the sail panel ducting but not that there was lexan front or rear. Several of us would have come completely unhinged if we had understand that.

How would I confirm that said car had lexan windshield/rear "glass" and was NOT DQd?

BADVENM
02-27-2017, 02:22 PM
Sorry about that, I clarified my remark.

RichardP
02-27-2017, 03:00 PM
More clarification is needed than that. Multiple people showed up to nationals with clearly non-conforming cars. After some discussion on the performance benefits of the illegal parts, they were allowed to run the national championships without changing their cars. In tech after the races, multiple cars were disqualified for non-conformances on the same performance level as the cars that were allowed to run. Since the issues were found after the races, the cars were disqualified. The much slower car that wasn't any more legal than the cars that finished in front of him was declared the National Champion. The whole thing was an absolute steaming pile of dung. It has been discussed here at length before...

Richard P.

Fbody383
02-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Sorry about that, I clarified my remark. No worries. Wasn't trying to poke anybody in the eye.

A technical DQ cost a guy a season championship here several years ago - nobody I'm aware of thinks it was anything other than a mistake, and in fact had been overlooked in annual tech for many years.

I wasn't there, but illegals cars should have been DQ'd. Maybe it sucks, but that's how we expect the rules to be enforced.

I'm glad Richard is learning to "let go."

Rob Liebbe
02-28-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm glad Richard is learning to "let go."

Richard was a spectator at that event and not involved as a participant. His observations and recollections are correct. I was in the middle of the pile of dung and I am still in recovery. :)

btaylor101
03-02-2017, 05:15 PM
I saw this car on the nasaforums and it looks like it may be too modified for CMC, but I was hoping someone could provide some more specifics. http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=131946

BryanL
03-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Care to share why you are only looking at a Mustang? Are you coming to Cresson next weekend to look?

btaylor101
03-02-2017, 06:10 PM
I will be at Cresson to watch and learn, Mustangs have been a long time favorite and I'd like race one at the track.

Suck fumes
03-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Care to share why you are only looking at a Mustang? Are you coming to Cresson next weekend to look?

Because fords are better haha

GlennCMC70
03-06-2017, 10:19 AM
I will be at Cresson to watch and learn, Mustangs have been a long time favorite and I'd like race one at the track.
I live very near Cresson in Fort Worth. About a 20 min drive.
Consider taking a look at mine while in the area.

Pranav
03-07-2017, 10:29 AM
I live very near Cresson in Fort Worth. About a 20 min drive.
Consider taking a look at mine while in the area.

Drag it out on the open trailer and leave it out front with a for sale sign like you did with the red car.

People will watch our races then look off to the left and see your car and think hmmm...

Sook
03-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Drag it out on the open trailer and leave it out front with a for sale sign like you did with the red car.

People will watch our races then look off to the left and see your car and think hmmm...

"Hmmm... I think I saw a parts car with a good transmission out front"
- 4th gen driver getting towed in

Fbody383
03-07-2017, 04:49 PM
...4th gen driver getting towed in that hammered 2nd gear... Too soon, man. Too soon.