PDA

View Full Version : Calling out Will Faules

mach1
03-17-2017, 10:05 AM
I have been critical of Will in the past, I was fully expecting a "biggest pain in the ass" award from him last weekend in Cresson. I wanted to recognize him publicly here for the HUGE improvement in communications and involvement with this group, I'd like to hear more from other folks but I went from feeling uneasy about NASATX to feeling warm and fuzzy and it's a great feeling. I love my AICMC family and the fact that we don't hold much back, Will has been receptive to our concerns and it is much appreciated especially considering our group likes to "push back" when we feel like it's the right thing to do. Also I want to say thank you for the data systems and new scales, it's absolutely critical that we ensure everyone is on the up and up or else we risk delegitimizing our series.

BryanL
03-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Crazy talk Tyler-I'm still ticked you didn't win the "Gentleman of the Year" award! Maybe 2017. LOL. Seriously now I agree with Tyler. I sent Will a PM as well thanking him for being more involved and communicative. I too have been critical of Will in the past and was not shy about it so I won't hold back now that I am happy to see the changes.

I thought Michael put a camera on my car and I was happy since I didn't have mine going but after the race I was really happy to hear it was data aq-only two years too late but better late than never. New ramps (thanks Jerry) and scales were nice as I was happy to be concerned with the scales and my car weight.

nasawill
03-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Thanks y'all. I'm happy to take the good with the bad and fully understand it comes with the territory.

The first 18 months of being in Texas was no question the most difficult time in my life. I moved away from everybody and everything I knew including a sick sister who is still battling for her life everyday after several cancer treatments over the last few years, and losing the love of my life that was supposed to move here with me when she got cold feet and backed out. That in addition to learning to become a business owner, my own manager, a manager of more people more often than I had been in the past, and trying to correct some bad things about the business that HAD to change for the business to grow. With all that on my plate I know I came off to some/many as a very abrasive individual. It's been a tough juggling act, but I appreciate the acknowledgment of things being on the up-n-up. To me it's been very very tough yet extremely fulfilling and I'm fully embracing being here and being lucky enough to call this a career.

I hope I didn't just share too much personal info, but I know how y'all appreciate transparency. Looking forward to many more years of this crazy hobby we have.

Cheers fellas!

marshall_mosty
03-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Will,
Don't worry about sharing too much. It reminds everyone that we are all human and have struggles outside of our passion and that "life" can get in the way of our racing careers... thanks for sharing.

"RACING CAREERS" was said VERY tongue in cheek. LOL

Fbody383
03-17-2017, 04:24 PM
I was/am drawn to this group because we will do whatever possible to get "you" and your car on track, and make you better on track - and do everything to beat you on track.

Then hand you a cold beverage of your choice while we wait for dinner to get ready.

Just need those mustang guys to slow down.

Love this thing as a challenge and the friends/family I've added in my life.