PDA

View Full Version : Man, what a ride! Thanks to all.

GlennCMC70
05-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Well, fairly common knowledge that my car has sold. Please welcome David to the group as you did me way back in March of 2005. It was a wild ride from day one going through Comp School that Friday (bad wreck) and all the way through to the last race @ TWS where I jumped the car. I came in w/ a bang and I went out w/ a bang.

I showed up w/ a chip on my shoulder and was arrogant and loud. I was convinced I was gonna whoop everyone ass my first weekend out. I was likely there for the wrong reasons in the start. That first weekend was very humbling. I had many more humbling moments over the years. I would like to say I am sorry for the moments when my mouth or my actions wrote checks my ass couldn't cash. The reality is all that crazy stuff I did all too often resulted in some of the most memorable moments in my life. I often tell the stories of CMC on Friday and Sat nights during a few drinks. It's in those times with friends I learned to value those "learning" moments. It was time spent w/ some great people and I will remember them always. Sometimes I think I could write a crazy and hilarious book. What is the statute of limitations on having wins revoked??? Kidding!

I am a better person not for racing and loving the sport, but for finding a great group of people who I will always consider friends. We all share a special bond that only results from putting each of our lives in the hands of the other drivers skill. Un-yielding trust many times over and over. Driving in anger around and towards each other lap after lap and race after race only to get out and shake the hand of the guy who bested you out on that track. The same guy who would tell you how to go faster knowing one day you would beat him. The same guy who's car you hit the day before now turning wrenches on your car to get you back out there for the next race. You all are hero's. Some who have come and gone. Some who are still with the group. Some who have yet to come, but will because of who this group is. Stay true to what you are and what the series is, a good group of friends who take a few minutes to stop joking around, cooking great food and race one another. We always raced hard and we always respected each other for it.

I truly wanted to come race CMC and leave a Rockstar. Time and time again I had dreams of doing this for a living. I came for the wrong reasons, but I stayed for all the right ones. I did stay a bit too long though. My life changed while I was racing and the last few years I was feeling a lot of guilt being there w/ you guys while my kids were growing up. Once they stopped coming to the events due to their own sports, I felt torn no matter where I was. If I was w/ them, I would constantly check on the races. If I was at the races, I would call my wife and check on the kids. One weekend the car broke early on, and I was glad because I knew I could make the Championship game of the tournament my kids were in. It was then I knew I needed to stop racing and focus on my kids for a while.

I would love to make a list of CMC'er who I want to thank. The reality is if I did, I would surely miss someone important. If you flew an AI or CMC decal on your car, you likely have my thanks for one reason or another. If you were part of the NASA staff, you likely have my thanks for one reason or another. Thank You All!

Here is a link to a vid that was made for me by a friend. I think it was made in jest, but I loved it. So much so, that I took it on as my personal mantra. I truly wanted to be the Rockstar of CMC!
https://www.facebook.com/glenn.landrum.9/videos/1411371342256550/

While I may come visit an event every now and then, don't look for me too often. I was very odd being @ the track w/out a car. I really felt like an outsider looking in. Not because of how the group treated me, but rather because I wasn't there as one of you. Don't see too may pro ball players sitting in the stands watching a game.
I may show up in a STU truck just to piss of the NASA folks and embarrass a few import and domestic "sports car" drivers. That will be a number of years down the road.

I have a ton of leftover parts. If you think I may have what you need, contact me and check. I may just make a super deal.
Pranav - got a torque arm w/ your name one it.

chris-CMC#35
05-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Well said, my friend.

Al Fernandez
05-07-2017, 09:35 PM
I'll miss you Glenn
Thank you for everything you put into this over the years.

mach1
05-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Thanks for sharing Glenn, I can relate in a lot of ways.

cjlmlml
05-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Glenn , well said. I think we have all learned a lot from this group.

I think we started at about the same time. So , we had a lot of the same experiences.

One time early on at MSRC, I don't think we hardly knew each other?

I had an exhaust hanger come off a piece of exhaust and leave a hole in it.

You offered to take it to your house where we welded it up super quick.

That was one of my first introductions to the greatness of the group.

I remember thinking, wow this guy isn't as obnoxious as everyone else is saying he is.

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

See you soon.

AllZWay
05-08-2017, 04:24 PM
I responded to Glenn on his facebook page, but I started doing track days roughly the same time as he and Mitch did and was how we became friends. I chose to go dirt track racing before CMC was started in Texas, but then came to CMC later after they both started racing.

Without their hard work, I would have had a much steeper learning curve.

We both had really young daughters that seemed to find their way to sports and have excelled at sports. In my case, one more than the other, but they kept me so busy that I felt the want to quit because missing their events was tough for me. I have never regretted a missed race.

I totally understand where he is in right now in life. Racing can wait for another day. Our kids only grow up once.

BTW.. for those that have seen this picture. It is awesome from when our kids were young at the track.

GlennCMC70
05-08-2017, 10:37 PM
I responded to Glenn on his facebook page, but I started doing track days roughly the same time as he and Mitch did and was how we became friends. I chose to go dirt track racing before CMC was started in Texas, but then came to CMC later after they both started racing.

Without their hard work, I would have had a much steeper learning curve.

We both had really young daughters that seemed to find their way to sports and have excelled at sports. In my case, one more than the other, but they kept me so busy that I felt the want to quit because missing their events was tough for me. I have never regretted a missed race.

I totally understand where he is in right now in life. Racing can wait for another day. Our kids only grow up once.

BTW.. for those that have seen this picture. It is awesome from when our kids were young at the track.

We should haul them down there and recreat that pic.

GlennCMC70
05-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Jaycee - My dad is faster than yours!
Morgan - No way. You obviously haven't read my shirt!
Karlie is giving the death stare.

AllZWay
05-09-2017, 11:00 AM
We should haul them down there and recreat that pic.

That would be funny since they would tower over my short girls. :D

ShadowBolt
05-09-2017, 12:17 PM
I miss racing with both of you guys. Of course I never got any speed help from either one of you (well maybe a very small amount of help from James). I understand that racing has to take a back seat for now but think how far ahead you will be when you get to your 50's and come back to racing. I could not afford to race until the kids were out of the house. The kids being gone and our business growing all happened at about the same time. I would never have missed Jay playing a football game for a race but I can tell you getting to team up with your child and compete in a sport with them is even better than watching them play when they are younger. Don't be strangers. See you at the track.

JJ

BryanL
06-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Well said! Thanks Glenn. Sad to see you without a car but it's the right thing for you and your family currently. Just don't feel weird about coming out to the track if it fits your schedule. Come watch a race, tell me how to set my car up and have a beer with us at the end of the day.

I really can't thank Glenn and Mitch enough for the help they provided me when I looked into road racing. I often refer to them as my mentors and for some reason they took me in. CMC in Texas is so much better for having your involvement as your passion and love for not only the sport but the people involved can never be questioned. You were certainly instrumental in getting the rules to where they are today that has killed the national site as there isn't much to discuss other than having fun around a fire with a beer.

Here is the thing about Glenn and so many in this group. It's kind of a test of character in my mind to think if I ever really needed some sort of help no matter where/when that they would come running. Glenn is one of those guys in my book and it doesn't matter if I haven't talked to him in months or not. Heck he has done it so many countless times and in so many ways for myself. It's guys like this that pay it forward that keep this group going and growing.

Enjoy watching your girls and being close with your family-that's worth more than anything racing.

GlennCMC70
06-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Thanks all.
Gonna be in McKinney this weekend. I will be lucky enough to see both girls playing @ the same tornament (different teams).