PDA

View Full Version : Hosts and ambassadors

Al Fernandez
05-20-2017, 03:56 AM
This coming weekend at COTA we will have several racers join us from Monterrey Mexico. The exact number is unkown since all of them don't have everything arranged but anyway as of right now there are three cars and four drivers (a father son team, much like our Jordans). Two of the cars are CMC mustangs, and one is an AI mustang. They've been running CMC in Mty for a couple of years now, and have just started looking at AI. Every year they basically translate our rules into Spanish, save for the tires (don't worry, they'll be on Toyos at COTA). In many ways, they are where Texas CMC and AI was back around 13-14 yrs ago; they've got a bunch of guys wanting to go fast, a pretty good size group of cars (18 last I asked) and are starting to figure out what makes these cars work within these rules. They exist there because they came up here to look at us, to watch what we had and they decided they wanted the same thing. I've been to two of their events now and can tell you that the AI/CMC camaraderie and competition we have is being recreated in Mty...and I am very excited that for the first time ever these two groups are going to mix it up both on track and in the paddock.

Unfortunately, I will not be at COTA. I am writing this from an airport lounge in Amsterdam actually, and I wont be back in the US until after the event. I would like to ask and suggest to each of you that you go out of your way to welcome these guys, help them manage the weekend (NASA's schedule is much more demanding and strict than they run in Mty) and generally ensure they feel welcome. I cannot overstate how expensive and complex it is for these guys to bring their gear and participate in this event and its all because they want to mix it up with the best in the business. Show them they were right.

chris-CMC#35
05-20-2017, 09:44 PM
It will be a pleasure. It's great to have them