PDA

View Full Version : COTA Saturday night (Garage Crawl)

marshall_mosty
05-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Guys,
The standard "catering" at COTA will need to be a bit different. We cannot officially "cater" without using COTA and their food prices are thru the roof. The idea Will had to still do something for the racers is:

Each group will have a $400-450 budget to buy/prepare food for approx 50-60 folks. Kegs will be spread out around the garages. So... my first thought landed on Dave/Sean/Paul for the Rub 2.0 ribs/brisket... The lingering question is can you cover your cost (pellets, meat, rub) for $9/head (assuming $450 for 50 folks)?? If I need to ask for a bit more to cover that and possibly add some sides, let me know...

I need a firm "plan" by Tuesday'ish, May 23rd....

Fbody383
05-22-2017, 10:39 AM
Each group will have a $400-450 budget to buy/prepare food for approx 50-60 folks. Kegs will be spread out around the garages. So... my first thought landed on Dave/Sean/Paul for the Rub 2.0 ribs/brisket... The lingering question is can you cover your cost (pellets, meat, rub) for $9/head (assuming $450 for 50 folks)?? If I need to ask for a bit more to cover that and possibly add some sides, let me know...

Which 50 folks you guys cooking for, "us" or "us and them?" Also do "we" need to supply all the soft goods as well - plates, plastic ware, napkins, cups?

Sean and I are going to chat as well, but here's some rough bullets:

20lb brisket - $60ish / depends on sale(s) / likely need 2
Ribs - $10/each / maybe do 8
Rub - I think big box raw supplies $30ish
Pellets - $60ish need pretty to close to 3 full bags because of brisket burn time

That's pushing $300 pretty quick.

More than happy to loan my smoker and whatever supplies I have so you guys can have enough room.

And make no mistake, we have ZERO issues cooking for us. It's awesome time to spend together and is equal to the racing, but we do it for "us." If the whole OIF Team was going to be there it would be easy. Sean may have to choose between cooking and tech support for future track time.

Raise your hand if you're in for a side - thoughts are potato salad, couple/3 loaves of bread, chips, Randy's Famous Beans, Mosty's World Famous Buffalo Chicken Dip, cookies, brownies, cake, etc.

Back with more.

PS - don't burn yourself out 'cause this all happens again in a month for Hallett.

marshall_mosty
05-22-2017, 11:20 AM
All,
I just talked to Will and AI/CMC is off the hook for cooking since Dave is out and Sean/Paul are working tech. We will resume our feeding at Hallett for midnight ribs...

BryanL
05-22-2017, 11:41 AM
Well I was going to say I was in for sides or something. Does this mean we are each on our own for Sat night? Which is fine by me.

marshall_mosty
05-22-2017, 05:15 PM
TT and Miata are cooking for everyone.

MikeP99Z
05-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Miata just said that AI/CMC are bringing/cooking the meat (brisket, ribs etc)...Miata bringing gumbo.

MikeP99Z
05-22-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm outta the loop. No idea what is going on. I'm hungry.

Fbody383
05-23-2017, 10:38 AM
TT and Miata are cooking for everyone. Man, and I'm going to miss it.

Patterson, go get a power bar.
Psst... chicken/sausage gumbo at Hallett??? Not sure if I can freeze and bring... Besides, it's probably not any good.

edrock96GT
05-25-2017, 01:25 PM
I'll be there not racing so I can help out if anyone needs a hand (cooking or wrench turning). Going to bring some tools so I can be part of someone's pit crew and not park in the boonies.

marshall_mosty
05-25-2017, 01:50 PM
I'll be there not racing so I can help out if anyone needs a hand (cooking or wrench turning). Going to bring some tools so I can be part of someone's pit crew and not park in the boonies.
I'll also have my "dirty clothes" to be pit crew for anyone needing assistance as well.

mach1
05-25-2017, 03:34 PM
I will likely need help working on Sean's Camaro tomorrow, I may reach out to ya'll!