PDA

View Full Version : Hallett BBQ Donation

Wootten
05-29-2017, 08:37 PM
As some of you know, Hallett is about 40 miles from my family's ranch. As such, I'm donating three grass-fed Oklahoma Black Angus briskets for the weekend. I figure that should feed everyone (AI/CMC folks and whomever decides to join).

This time, I plan on being there long enough to eat...That said, i'm still up in the air about whether or not I can make it (I land from a trip to Singapore on Wednesday), so if not, I'll need a volunteer to go get them, or someone from Houston can haul three up from my freezer.

Fbody383
05-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Well now... as second junior assistant rib rubbing, brisket mopping apprentice to the real chef I'm not sure what to say.

I know we'll bring both smokers anyway. The briskets take 1-1.2 hrs/lb so the Saturday night meal goes on Friday night after dinner.

Not to show the hand too early, (I'll see Sean Wednesday at racecar night and discuss) but it looks like we're there now, we were thinking:

Friday: maybe do some smoked/roast chickens
Saturday: Rub 2.0 Brisket Feast w/ Midnight Ribs(tm)

Might actually be tough to get 3 cooked unless we start one Thursday evening.

I'm sure there's more to come.

Wootten
05-30-2017, 10:22 AM
If ya'll only want two, that's fine. Just saying that there are three on the offer.

blk96gt
05-30-2017, 10:31 AM
I'm not going, but I'd be willing to lend my smoker out if you guys need an extra.

Fbody383
05-30-2017, 11:47 AM
If ya'll only want two, that's fine. Just saying that there are three on the offer. Not turning them down yet... we'll come up with a plan.