PDA

View Full Version : No place but CMC

ShadowBolt
05-30-2017, 08:28 AM
So I took the 55 out on Friday morning in the first session and it felt great. Jay took it out in session two and came in saying there was a noise. The transmission (A-5) was making a noise like rocks were in the case. Still shifted fine but something was wrong. I knew Marshall was the only one that also ran an A-5 so I ask him if I could borrow it. He said sorry he had sold it to Daniel Records. Without me knowing he called Daniel and ask him if I could borrow it. Daniel was at home on the sofa hung over (he partied hard to soften the blow of missing the race). He went to change the oil in the 34 getting ready for the weekend and as he told me he got more metal out than oil! Daniel told Marshall to tell me to come get the A-5. I told Marshall I was not going to take a transmission from Daniel. I don't know him that well. He told Marshall he was pulling it anyway and for me to get my ass down to I45 and 610 and get the damn thing. Then Daniel did something I still can't believe. He got off the sofa all hung over and went down to his hot shop and pulled it for me. Jay and I drove down and picked it up and by 7:00 PM we were back at COTA and had it all installed. We were able to run the rest of the weekend (even though we missed three sessions Friday). I had to ask myself if I would have done the same for Daniel or one of you? I really don't know if I would have but after this act of kindness I would hope I would do the same. I did get to pay it forward as the 4 car from Mexico broke a rotor and I had my old Cobra brake parts (brkts, calipers, and PFC-01 pads). I gave them to the 4 car guys and they wanted to pay me. In fact they came up to me at the end of the weekend with a brand new box of PFC-11's for my Stoptech calipers and I would not take them. I think Daniel may have taught me something……at least I hope I learned it. There is no way I would want to run with any other group of guys. It is a privilege to run in Texas in CMC. I have made friends in this group that are some of the best guys you could meet anywhere. THANKS DANIEL. I am humbled!

JJ

mach1
05-30-2017, 08:35 AM
Love it! Thanks for sharing that Jerry!

Fbody383
05-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Love it! Thanks for sharing that Jerry! Says the guy on the podium in a borrowed car.

Best group there evar was...

mach1
05-30-2017, 11:03 AM
Says the guy on the podium in a borrowed car.

Best group there evar was...

I didn't want to derail his thread buttttt

Yet another example of this groups greatness is Sean lending me his car for the weekend, huge thanks to Sean and Paul for the help and support!
Looks like the F-Body can compete with the mighty mustang after all :eek:

drecords
05-30-2017, 09:03 PM
Jerry -- thank you very much for the kind words -- Glad I was able to help you guys out and you ended up having a good weekend! Unfortunately I'm likely out until MSR-H again due to a very unhappy thrust bearing in #34's engine which we found was generating the metal Jerry mentioned.

To clarify on the hangover part:
Thursday night got out of hand when a buddy (currently working on building another CMC Fox) called wanting to watch Senna and rum was involved, 'nuff said.

So I took the 55 out on Friday morning in the first session and it felt great. Jay took it out in session two and came in saying there was a noise. The transmission (A-5) was making a noise like rocks were in the case. Still shifted fine but something was wrong. I knew Marshall was the only one that also ran an A-5 so I ask him if I could borrow it. He said sorry he had sold it to Daniel Records. Without me knowing he called Daniel and ask him if I could borrow it. Daniel was at home on the sofa hung over (he partied hard to soften the blow of missing the race). He went to change the oil in the 34 getting ready for the weekend and as he told me he got more metal out than oil! Daniel told Marshall to tell me to come get the A-5. I told Marshall I was not going to take a transmission from Daniel. I don't know him that well. He told Marshall he was pulling it anyway and for me to get my ass down to I45 and 610 and get the damn thing. Then Daniel did something I still can't believe. He got off the sofa all hung over and went down to his hot shop and pulled it for me. Jay and I drove down and picked it up and by 7:00 PM we were back at COTA and had it all installed. We were able to run the rest of the weekend (even though we missed three sessions Friday). I had to ask myself if I would have done the same for Daniel or one of you? I really don't know if I would have but after this act of kindness I would hope I would do the same. I did get to pay it forward as the 4 car from Mexico broke a rotor and I had my old Cobra brake parts (brkts, calipers, and PFC-01 pads). I gave them to the 4 car guys and they wanted to pay me. In fact they came up to me at the end of the weekend with a brand new box of PFC-11's for my Stoptech calipers and I would not take them. I think Daniel may have taught me something……at least I hope I learned it. There is no way I would want to run with any other group of guys. It is a privilege to run in Texas in CMC. I have made friends in this group that are some of the best guys you could meet anywhere. THANKS DANIEL. I am humbled!

JJ

marshall_mosty
05-31-2017, 11:59 AM
You guys make my job easy!

BryanL
06-05-2017, 03:35 PM
This was so cool. I was under the car with Jerry listening to the noise. I was so worried to tell him the noise was closer to the engine and move that way. Didn't want the new engine to be bad but Jerry was just destroyed to have the issue and miss the weekend. Thirty minutes later the trans was on the ground.
Amazing stuff Daniel-and I crack up about Senna and rum.