PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a Clutch

liquidroam
07-25-2017, 11:19 PM
All right, so I need a few thoughts an a clutch. Getting the flywheel machined and putting in a new clutch. Right now I think I am leaning towards a Spec stage one but wanted to get some thoughts.

Fbody383
07-26-2017, 04:17 PM
I think I'm running an OEM/Oreilly one... been in the car as long as I can remember.

Pranav
07-26-2017, 06:37 PM
All of the pressure plates are the same, originally made by valeo but now a mystery supplier with a c70043 label on it. It is the stiffer lt4 plate.

Get the one off rockauto.

I had great luck with an $84 6 puck ceramic clutch disc off eBay. The brand is like XTD or Rigid or something, should be able to find it.

No damper springs to break and lasts forever. I changed mine out each time I changed engines so Paul Culp got three barely worn discs when I converted.

Supercharged111
07-27-2017, 11:06 AM
I think I'm running an OEM/Oreilly one... been in the car as long as I can remember.

Me too since Sept 2014. PP was a Valeo IIRC. Went in when I blew the original to me up headed into T1 in warmup and did 100mph helicopters into the dirt. Soooo much dirt. Works well enough for less than stock power.