PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

centerville
12-15-2017, 10:03 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I am hoping to join you guys racing next year '19. I thought I would be going to SCCA super school in January but I bought a house with a shop late this year so it slowed all my plans down. With NASA's schedule this year I am not sure how many events I will make in HPDE or when they will run comp school. I will be at Cresson in March as DFW is home so I will try come by an introduce myself.

I have posted in the wanted section for a cmc mustang too.

GlennCMC70
12-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Nick has a very nice new CMC 3rd gen camaro gor sale. Basically a new car.
Drop in an ls 5.3 and win races.

centerville
12-16-2017, 10:49 PM
I had an '89 back in the day. Send me contact info or have him contact me. Thanks.

marshall_mosty
12-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Mike,
Welcome to the group! Give Michael or myself a call if you have any questions. My contact info is at the back of the AI rules and Michael’s is the back of the CMC rules.

GlennCMC70
12-17-2017, 03:12 AM
I had an '89 back in the day. Send me contact info or have him contact me. Thanks.
Nick -
817-306-7005

centerville
12-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Mike,
Welcome to the group! Give Michael or myself a call if you have any questions. My contact info is at the back of the AI rules and Michael’s is the back of the CMC rules.

Thanks Marshall I will.

Nick -
817-306-7005

I will give him a call. Thanks for the lead.

Fbody383
12-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Hey Mike, welcome to the fun. If you can make Hallett, even if it's just to hang out for a weekend you should try... it's a hoot.

michaelmosty
12-18-2017, 01:18 PM
Mike, welcome!! As Marshall mentioned, please give me a call and I can answer any questions you have. I live in Plano and the car is in Richardson so depending on where you are in DFW, hopefully I'm not too far away.

Definitely ask as many questions as you want. All of us here have spent extra money running various setups / parts over the years so it is best to listen to all the opinions on where to start and make your decision to try to save as much as you can on the car / development.

centerville
12-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Hey Mike, welcome to the fun. If you can make Hallett, even if it's just to hang out for a weekend you should try... it's a hoot.
I will definitely try to make Hallett. That's a track I really want to drive. I remember reading all the posts about last years barbecue. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Mike, welcome!! As Marshall mentioned, please give me a call and I can answer any questions you have. I live in Plano and the car is in Richardson so depending on where you are in DFW, hopefully I'm not too far away.

Definitely ask as many questions as you want. All of us here have spent extra money running various setups / parts over the years so it is best to listen to all the opinions on where to start and make your decision to try to save as much as you can on the car / development.

I live in Haltom City so I am a good ways from Plano. I learned when I drag raced to not build the car I want, buy one someone else no longer wants. I missed Tyler's car do to buying a house. I am going to look at a chebby today.

Once I have a car I am sure there will be a lot of questions. Thanks again.

mach1
12-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Welcome, this is one of the best groups of folks around so good choice! I'm in the camp that you can win in any platform, 3rd gen would be cool!

Fbody383
12-18-2017, 10:47 PM
I learned when I drag raced to not build the car I want, buy one someone else no longer wants. I missed Tyler's car do to buying a house. I am going to look at a chebby today. Drag car... you need a 2018 COPO Camaro... I know a guy.

Storm Trooper
12-18-2017, 11:12 PM
3rd gen would be cool!

3 gen's are Awesome!

centerville
12-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Drag car... you need a 2018 COPO Camaro... I know a guy.

I know you do. Congrats on that but the hole in my pocket is big enough already.

centerville
12-27-2017, 10:23 PM
Well its official I have a 3rd gen. Now to go through everything so I can start using it instead of the cobra. I should have it on track by cresson barring anything major. 1750

Now all the fun starts.

ShadowBolt
12-27-2017, 10:24 PM
Well its official I have a 3rd gen. Now to go through everything so I can start using it instead of the cobra. I should have it on track by cresson baring anything major. 1750

Now all the fun starts.

Maybe the best looking CMC car ever.

drecords
12-27-2017, 11:18 PM
Well its official I have a 3rd gen. Now to go through everything so I can start using it instead of the cobra. I should have it on track by cresson baring anything major. 1750

Now all the fun starts.

Congratulations on the new car and welcome to the group!.

marshall_mosty
12-28-2017, 12:20 AM
Congrats on the new “baby”.

AllZWay
12-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Great looking car and it was well built.

marshall_mosty
12-28-2017, 03:47 PM
Great looking car and it was well built.

Is that Nick Runyon’s car?

Fbody383
12-28-2017, 04:34 PM
That's a lot of red...

One of the details - car number. Look on the national forum (nasaforums.com) in the Texas region for the '2018 Permanent Numbers List' to see what's available. I'm looking at it now, that thread is pinned to the top.

It it's Runyon's old car... it's niiiiiice.

AllZWay
12-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Is that Nick Runyon’s car?

Yes.. He told me a while back it was for sale.

centerville
12-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys! It is a really clean car for a race car but only ran that one season.

Yes.. He told me a while back it was for sale.

Yes this was Nick's car.

Once I get all the fluids changed and go through everything I will start buying the spec carb parts. I can't wait to get this out on track.

Also I emailed Adrian about the car number last night. I sure don't want to have change all that up.

ShadowBolt
12-29-2017, 09:11 AM
I don't remember seeing that car at more than two races.......maybe three. I don't think it ran even one full season.

JJ

Supercharged111
12-29-2017, 11:24 PM
Bob Denton knows how to make a 3rd gen turn. I say this not knowing who set the thing up in the first place.

centerville
12-30-2017, 09:46 PM
I don't remember seeing that car at more than two races.......maybe three. I don't think it ran even one full season.

JJ

All I know is what I was told. I know right now I am under powered and probably not enough brakes. Transmission is not the best either but gonna run her till she brakes. Boy I have a lot to do.

No idea who set it up either. I am going to try and run it as is, at the end of Jan.

Thanks for the info supercharged.

ShadowBolt
01-01-2018, 07:50 PM
if you are new to racing it will be a while before you will need the extra power or brakes. For a long time a 3rd gen at 230/300 held the CMC track record at Cresson and that was on a smaller tire. If you are indeed new to racing just get the car to handle and get that seat time. Seat time seat time seat time.

JJ

centerville
01-01-2018, 10:16 PM
You are 100% correct and I know its all about seat time.

I just want to know what I will need as I progress. Hopefully I can start buying what I want before I need it. lol.

Current car runs on rails thanks to previous owner so I need to get this on track as soon as possible. Learning setup is going to be key.

Thanks for the input.