PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Season Opener - MSR-Houston Jan 27-28

Sook
12-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Registration is open, CCW at MSR-H. Who all is planning on racing? I'll be registered.
<br><br>
https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/2768
<br><br>
- Josh
<br><br>
Edit - Current entry list - 1/19/18
<br><br>
<style type="text/css">
table.tableizer-table {
font-size: 12px;
border: 1px solid #CCC;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
.tableizer-table td {
padding: 4px;
margin: 3px;
}
.tableizer-table th {
background-color: #104E8B;
color: #FFF;
font-weight: bold;
}
</style>
<table class="tableizer-table">
<thead><tr class="tableizer-firstrow"><th></th><th>Entrant</th><th>Region</th><th>Class</th><th>Make</th><th>Model</th><th>Car #</th></tr></thead><tbody>
<tr><td>1</td><td>Cody Powell</td><td>Rocky Mountain Region</td><td>American Iron</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>22</td></tr>
<tr><td>2</td><td>Casey Holdway</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>American Iron</td><td>Chevrolet</td><td>Camaro SS</td><td>29</td></tr>
<tr><td>3</td><td>Robert Kacprowicz</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>American Iron</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>73</td></tr>
<tr><td>4</td><td>Jim Shepard</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>American Iron</td><td>Chevrolet</td><td>Camaro</td><td>167</td></tr>
<tr><td>5</td><td>Craig McCormick</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>American Iron</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>65</td></tr>
<tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr>
<tr><td>1</td><td>Corey Jones</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>American Iron Xtreme</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>521</td></tr>
<tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr>
<tr><td>1</td><td>Joshua Sooknanan</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>50</td></tr>
<tr><td>2</td><td>David Francis</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Chevrolet</td><td>Camaro</td><td>39</td></tr>
<tr><td>3</td><td>Gary Robertson</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Chevrolet</td><td>Camaro Z28</td><td>32</td></tr>
<tr><td>4</td><td>Paul Culp</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Chevy</td><td>Camaro</td><td>88</td></tr>
<tr><td>5</td><td>John Martin</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>7</td></tr>
<tr><td>6</td><td>2S328: Team Jordan</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>55</td></tr>
<tr><td>7</td><td>Kevin Jander</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang GT</td><td>63</td></tr>
<tr><td>8</td><td>Pranav Patel</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Chevy</td><td>Camaro</td><td>51</td></tr>
<tr><td>9</td><td>Michael Mosty</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang Coupe</td><td>11</td></tr>
<tr><td>10</td><td>Daniel Records</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>34</td></tr>
<tr><td>11</td><td>2S999: Virus Racing</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Pontiac</td><td>Firebird</td><td>6</td></tr>
</tbody></table>

michaelmosty
12-18-2017, 06:28 PM
I'm in!!!

mach1
12-18-2017, 06:33 PM
I'll be there one way or another!
See ya'll soon!

Fbody383
12-18-2017, 10:48 PM
First... Josh has to change the avatar or be banned.

Yeah, I guess I'll go...

RichardP
12-19-2017, 12:08 AM
First... Josh has to change the avatar or be banned.

You're assuming he won't drive that some this year?

Richard P.

Fbody383
12-19-2017, 05:08 PM
You're assuming he won't drive that some this year? Pffft... he's crossed over to the dark side...

Pranav
12-19-2017, 07:10 PM
I've been working on the car non stop since Thanksgiving, so yes.

ShadowBolt
12-20-2017, 08:16 AM
I've been working on the car non stop since Thanksgiving, so yes.

The 55 has been sitting on the trailer since Hallett.

JJ

Pranav
12-20-2017, 10:06 AM
The 55 has been sitting on the trailer since Hallett.

JJ

Aren't you special.

I swapped my oil pan and am fixing my exhaust and floor cracks. Quite literally have been under the car every weekend.

Al Fernandez
12-25-2017, 08:40 AM
I’m in

Cody Powell
12-25-2017, 10:50 AM
I’m in!
I need a dyno shop near the track so I can get legal and junk!

drecords
12-25-2017, 07:44 PM
I'll be there.

drecords
12-25-2017, 07:44 PM
I’m in!
I need a dyno shop near the track so I can get legal and junk!

There's actually a Dyno at MSR-H.

Alien
12-27-2017, 09:27 AM
Anyone know why there is no 1 day option for race groups?

I can't make Saturday, but would like to run Sunday.

smitty328
12-30-2017, 06:47 PM
I finally get a race weekend off and I have my niece's wedding on the 26th. Hope the make Cresson.

Alien
12-30-2017, 08:04 PM
My brothers wedding (#3) is the 27th. Fortunately I live in West Houston and the wedding is in Conroe. Still waiting on word if Will is going to offer a single day for race groups.

Sook
12-30-2017, 11:06 PM
Still waiting on word if Will is going to offer a single day for race groups.

I think they did for every race last season, not sure why they wouldn't this season. Are they expecting more entrants?

- Josh

Cody Powell
01-05-2018, 12:09 PM
I finally get a race weekend off and I have my niece's wedding on the 26th. Hope the make Cresson.

Admit it dude, you heard I was gonna be there and you got scared!
I promise I don’t drink near as much any more! 🤮

liquidroam
01-11-2018, 11:55 PM
i am in. Dyno left to do.

ShadowBolt
01-12-2018, 11:23 AM
The 55 has been sitting on the trailer since Hallett. I plan on being there and do the dyno at the track and hope the car is okay.

JJ

smitty328
01-13-2018, 05:29 PM
Admit it dude, you heard I was gonna be there and you got scared!
I promise I don’t drink near as much any more! 🤮

Why the Hell not?

Are you going to make Cresson?

ShadowBolt
01-17-2018, 02:44 PM
I just signed up. Did the cost of a race weekend go up or did I wait too long to sign up? $389.00 ouch! For some reason I was thinking $340-$350.00

JJ

Sook
01-17-2018, 03:29 PM
I just signed up. Did the cost of a race weekend go up or did I wait too long to sign up? $389.00 ouch! For some reason I was thinking $340-$350.00

JJ

I think it went up. This is apparently the early bird pricing as well. I've only been doing NASA events for a couple years, and I think it's gone up twice in that time.

- Josh

Sook
01-19-2018, 12:13 PM
<style type="text/css">
table.tableizer-table {
font-size: 12px;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
.tableizer-table td {
padding: 4px;
margin: 3px;
}
.tableizer-table th {
background-color: #104E8B;
color: #FFF;
font-weight: bold;
}
</style>
<table class="tableizer-table">
<thead><tr class="tableizer-firstrow"><th></th><th>Entrant</th><th>Region</th><th>Class</th><th>Make</th><th>Model</th><th>Car #</th></tr></thead><tbody>
<tr><td>6</td><td>2S328: Team Jordan</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Ford</td><td>Mustang</td><td>55</td></tr>
<tr><td>11</td><td>2S999: Virus Racing</td><td>Texas Region</td><td>CMC</td><td>Pontiac</td><td>Firebird</td><td>6</td></tr>
</tbody></table>

<br><br>
First post updated.

<br><br>
What does 2S### mean on the Entrant name? I think I can infer based on the Jordan's entry. But Virus Racing... hmm..

- Josh

mach1
01-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Sounds scandalous to me

Fbody383
01-20-2018, 10:12 AM
McComb - you racing at Houston?

Not sure he frequents this joint - anybody know if he's racing this year?

michaelmosty
01-22-2018, 11:24 AM
Just a few items for the racing this weekend at MSRH:

I will be getting to the track mid-afternoon on Friday. I plan to dyno my car there and also help with Annuals whenever available. As long as Will and Hank will let me help with the AI/CMC annuals as in years past, I will help get as many done as I can. Please also keep an eye out and get your annual done at the Tech shed if the line is short.

Please everyone check your tech items prior to leaving for the track. All personal safety gear, fuel cells, belts, window nets, master disconnect, roll bar padding, charged fire system, etc. Please have your tech form filled out prior to inspection and bring your Annual inspection dues.

CMC - please bring me a copy of your current dyno sheet prior to the start of the event.
AI - I will get clarification from Marshall on what he wants for dyno data.

AI/CMC dues - First off, thank you to everyone who helped contribute last year!! Your contributions helped chip away at the large hole the AI/CMC kitty was in but we still have a way to go.
The dues go towards the annual fee for this AICMCTEXAS website, our special Hallett trophies each year, and the annual traveling trophies for end of year champions and various other awards.
The dues are voluntary but we ask that you please bring your $30 annual dues to your first event of the year. Marshall and I will be collecting at MSRH and if you did not contribute for the 2017 season please do so at the same time.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!

marshall_mosty
01-23-2018, 09:01 AM
The AI guys need to have their dyno sheet available for inspection at the track at any time and the windshield sticker should match (or be higher than) your dyno sheet.
We are all grown-ups and I have a level of trust with our racers that their dyno sheet is legit and no modifications have been made post-dyno.