PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Toyo Bucks

drecords
02-06-2018, 07:17 AM
Anyone know when Toyo is going to update the forms to 2018? Anybody just submit with the 2017 form and get it accepted?

drecords
02-06-2018, 07:22 AM
Never Mind -- saw that they're good till 4/1/2018 based on toyos site.

Sook
02-06-2018, 02:21 PM
I had tried to get my form signed at the event and was told that the 2018 deal isn't done yet. Anyone know if NASA and Toyo have finalized it yet?

- Josh

Fbody383
02-06-2018, 02:44 PM
I looked on the main NASA page and only found the link to the Toyo Bucks Online... still referencing '17.

Pranav
03-23-2018, 11:34 AM
Do we submit our forms under the 2017 programs listed on nasatoyobucks.com?

Also they have these fancy online forms you can fill out which you then save to submit to the toyo bucks site:

https://prizes.drivenasa.com/toyo-tires-contingency-program/

Supercharged111
04-16-2018, 01:19 PM
Do we submit our forms under the 2017 programs listed on nasatoyobucks.com?

Also they have these fancy online forms you can fill out which you then save to submit to the toyo bucks site:

https://prizes.drivenasa.com/toyo-tires-contingency-program/

Which MUST be signed day of or you're screwed. We'll see how lenient they are with this change, but I'll be pissed if the forms I got signed on Sunday for both days don't fly.

Fbody383
06-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Bump.

Aiighht... once Mosty stops celebrating maybe we can figure this out. Apparently missing a standing start and not being the first couple to break still gets tire money.

Who can explain the current process to an old dog?

Sook
06-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Bump.

Aiighht... once Mosty stops celebrating maybe we can figure this out. Apparently missing a standing start and not being the first couple to break still gets tire money.

Who can explain the current process to an old dog?

1) Get Mosty to sign one of these for you: https://form.jotform.com/drivenasa/nasa-contingency-compliance - save it, you'll submit this later
2) Fill out one of these for each applicable race, again save it. I think this form can take some time receive.
3) Submit on nasatoyobucks.com. You have to create a ticket for the regional contingency and save it. Then edit it to attach your documents. Attach both documents generated in steps 1 and 2. The designer of this form was new to the internet, it's pretty clunky.
4) Call them and complain a minimum of 2 times per claim, I've been having issues getting my stuff approved in a timely fashion.

Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the event.

- Josh

Supercharged111
06-11-2018, 06:22 PM
1) Get Mosty to sign one of these for you: https://form.jotform.com/drivenasa/nasa-contingency-compliance - save it, you'll submit this later
2) Fill out one of these for each applicable race, again save it. I think this form can take some time receive.
3) Submit on nasatoyobucks.com. You have to create a ticket for the regional contingency and save it. Then edit it to attach your documents. Attach both documents generated in steps 1 and 2. The designer of this form was new to the internet, it's pretty clunky.
4) Call them and complain a minimum of 2 times per claim, I've been having issues getting my stuff approved in a timely fashion.

Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the event.

- Josh

Are you getting #1 signed after the fact? Because it'll have the wrong date, I'm not sure if they'll approve it that way. Easiest way is to edit the Adobe document it spits out to the correct date and a realistic time.

marshall_mosty
06-13-2018, 04:10 PM
If you guys email me or Michael, that is the best since we need your email address for the form.

Fbody383
06-13-2018, 06:21 PM
If you guys email me or Michael, that is the best since we need your email address for the form. What info you need - race #, starters, finishing position, car number...

drecords
06-13-2018, 10:52 PM
Are you getting #1 signed after the fact? Because it'll have the wrong date, I'm not sure if they'll approve it that way. Easiest way is to edit the Adobe document it spits out to the correct date and a realistic time.

Yeah they have my COTA contingency in hoc for this reason

Sook
06-13-2018, 11:16 PM
Yeah they have my COTA contingency in hoc for this reason

They haven't filled mine either.

- Josh

Sook
06-13-2018, 11:20 PM
What info you need - race #, starters, finishing position, car number...
Was that a question?

You need all that to generate the per race form. You'll also need to include the race results. https://form.jotform.com/drivenasa/toyo-tires-contingency-redemption

You need to get a Mosty to sign the yearly Compliance form that says your car has all the toyo stickers on it. Supply them all your info, they have to fill it our on their end and sign it. It will get emailed to you: https://form.jotform.com/drivenasa/nasa-contingency-compliance

Once you have both of those you need to submit a claim to https://www.nasatoyobucks.com/Public/Login.aspx

It's a good thing they made it very straight forward...

blk96gt
06-14-2018, 08:29 AM
They haven't filled mine either.

- Josh

I submitted my COTA ones May 15 and they are still on hold.

drecords
06-14-2018, 09:25 AM
I emailed them and got this response. "Your claim has been placed on hold as the date listed on your completed Contingency form is different than the event dates listed on your race results.

Before we can complete the process, we will need clarification as to why your contingency form was signed after your race event and we will be happy to complete a secondary review once we receive further information."

I don't know what to tell them besides the car has had legal stickers on it for 4+ years and that we haven't ever been required to have the form signed same day...

blk96gt
06-14-2018, 09:42 AM
I emailed them and got this response. "Your claim has been placed on hold as the date listed on your completed Contingency form is different than the event dates listed on your race results.

Before we can complete the process, we will need clarification as to why your contingency form was signed after your race event and we will be happy to complete a secondary review once we receive further information."

I don't know what to tell them besides the car has had legal stickers on it for 4+ years and that we haven't ever been required to have the form signed same day...

Was there even an official announcement that we were supposed to use this new system? I read none of the emails from NASA HQ so I have no clue if it was done through that medium.

marshall_mosty
06-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Reply to them with my contact information and tell them I would be glad to talk with them about the compliance of each car that we have submitted the compliance sheet for. Requiring it to be done at the track is difficult at best due to a multitude of factors.

Den34
06-14-2018, 03:09 PM
We have had similar issues in the Great Lakes Region.
The way we have been operating so far this year is the Compliance form MUST be submitted by the series director or some NASA official during the race weekend. The compliance form is good for both contingency races. It even says so on the top of the compliance form. The same compliance form must be submitted with the results of each contingency race.
But here is the rub...The firm that handles the toyobucks for NASA does not realize this fact. I had the same issue where one race contingency was honored and the other was on "hold". I had to call the number on the toyobucks web site to get it resolved. (1-855.458.5460) The lady said it was on hold because the date on the compliance form was the same on both races. She put me on hold and called somebody and came back after ten minutes and said it was ok and they honored the second race contingency. Somebody at NASA needs to call toyobucks people and tell them that we will only have one compliance form per weekend.
Bob Denton

Sook
06-14-2018, 04:49 PM
We have had similar issues in the Great Lakes Region.
The way we have been operating so far this year is the Compliance form MUST be submitted by the series director or some NASA official during the race weekend. The compliance form is good for both contingency races. It even says so on the top of the compliance form. The same compliance form must be submitted with the results of each contingency race.
But here is the rub...The firm that handles the toyobucks for NASA does not realize this fact. I had the same issue where one race contingency was honored and the other was on "hold". I had to call the number on the toyobucks web site to get it resolved. (1-855.458.5460) The lady said it was on hold because the date on the compliance form was the same on both races. She put me on hold and called somebody and came back after ten minutes and said it was ok and they honored the second race contingency. Somebody at NASA needs to call toyobucks people and tell them that we will only have one compliance form per weekend.
Bob Denton

I was under the impression that it was supposed to be once compliance form per season?? Will Faules explained that to us in the COTA driver's meeting - I think there's a lot of miscommunication going on.

marshall_mosty
06-15-2018, 08:43 AM
All,
I've reached out to Will so he can touch base with the Toyo folks.

marshall_mosty
06-15-2018, 11:22 AM
Guys,
Will forwarded the concern to the National office.

In the interim, send your concerns to:
molly@drivenasa.com

Sook
06-15-2018, 12:00 PM
Guys,
Will forwarded the concern to the National office.

In the interim, send your concerns to:
molly@drivenasa.com

Do you want us to each email Molly with our issues so that the national office knows we're having problems? Happy to send the first email.

- Josh

marshall_mosty
06-15-2018, 02:53 PM
**RETRACTION**

After speaking to Will this morning, the National office is well aware of the issue and is working with the contingency fulfillment company to resolve the misunderstanding.

Do NOT flood Molly’s email with concerns. That will only add further delay the the fulfillment timeline.

Pranav
06-15-2018, 03:47 PM
Are the Hallett R1 results official yet?

Fbody383
06-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Are the Hallett R1 results official yet? If not, post here so I can resend my Toyo stuff.

marshall_mosty
06-16-2018, 11:24 AM
All,
Please read my retraction above. NASA is aware and is working the problem. Please just sit tight. I can guarantee that NASA will make it right and nobody that is due their Toyobucks will go without.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

drecords
06-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Sent an email back to Lindsay @ Toyo this morning and she said they are actively working the issue with the NASA national office and hope to have resolution soon!

drecords
06-20-2018, 10:36 AM
Just got an email that they were going to approve my COTA bucks. Anybody else hear that today?

Sook
06-20-2018, 12:05 PM
Just got an email that they were going to approve my COTA bucks. Anybody else hear that today?

I checked the website and I was approved. Anyone know when the Hallett results are going to official?

- Josh

Fbody383
06-20-2018, 01:23 PM
My 2 Hallett awards show approved 6/19 and to be paid 7/2.

Marshall pass along our thanks. My only real concern is whether we need to have forms signed at the track going forward.

drecords
06-20-2018, 03:15 PM
Thanks to Marshall and the others who have helped sort this out!!!!

drecords
06-20-2018, 03:18 PM
I checked the website and I was approved. Anyone know when the Hallett results are going to official?

- Josh

Does anybody know if we should wait to submit Hallett until we get some guidance as to what's required or should I go ahead and do it?

Sook
06-20-2018, 04:47 PM
Does anybody know if we should wait to submit Hallett until we get some guidance as to what's required or should I go ahead and do it?

Thanks Marshall!

I just went ahead and submitted mine, the worst they're going to do is deny it.

- Josh

Sook
06-21-2018, 03:25 PM
My Hallett stuff was also approved today.

- Josh

drecords
06-21-2018, 03:59 PM
My Hallett stuff was also approved today.

- Josh
Did you get another compliance form for Hallett or just submit the old one?

Sook
06-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Did you get another compliance form for Hallett or just submit the old one?

The old one.

marshall_mosty
06-21-2018, 09:40 PM
Guys,
My goal going forward is to do a review of ALL cars during the weekend and get everyone in the queue as a “just Incase”..
This will be a bit more work on my side, but shouldn’t be something you guys need to worry about. I’ll just poke around during grid making notes on cars that have the right stickers (and wrong stickers covered).

Thanks for being patient.

michaelmosty
06-26-2018, 07:48 PM
I'd say just have every racer bring their phone to the drivers meeting after qual on Saturday and Marshall and I can just sign everyones phone. If you end up getting Toyo Bucks for the event or not, everyone is covered.