PDA

View Full Version : Stoptech Big Brake Kit CMC

cjlmlml
03-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Same as this

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/StopTech-Big-Brake-Kit-4-piston-calipers-13-or-14-rotors-1994-2004-Mustang-P732.aspx

13 Inch rotors

$1,500

2 Sets of used rotors as well, you get everything you see.

Rotors used 2 days each

Pranav
03-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Do you have any spare hats?

I have two spare rotors and just need a spare hat to assemble one, but lmk on your spares

Sook
03-22-2018, 01:36 PM
I'd be interested in spare rings if Pranav doesn't have dibs.

- Josh

Alien
03-22-2018, 01:56 PM
AFAIK, Pranav has a GM bolt pattern... not sure if the hats will do him any good, unless it's to deplete the supply from his competition!

mach1
03-22-2018, 03:30 PM
unless it's to deplete the supply from his competition!

Sounds about right! :o

Pranav
03-22-2018, 03:43 PM
I've been scheming to deplete the supply of CMC spares to help improve the pricing on my current inventory.

Look at all of the LT1s I destroyed.

But yeah sorry thought these were camaro brakes.

MikeP99Z
03-22-2018, 05:28 PM
I may sell my Camaro set in the near future.

Tilton
03-23-2018, 09:18 AM
I'm interested.

Jeff

marshall_mosty
03-23-2018, 12:21 PM
Same as this

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/StopTech-Big-Brake-Kit-4-piston-calipers-13-or-14-rotors-1994-2004-Mustang-P732.aspx

13 Inch rotors

$1,500

Used 2 days

Have spare rotors as well. I will list those separately

Pics coming

Slotted or plain rotors?

Tilton
03-23-2018, 05:53 PM
What is so different about this brake kit over the one in the link below? I don't see why the "CMC" kit is $450 more.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/StopTech-CMC-Big-Brake-Kit-13-with-4-piston-ST-40-calipers-1994-2004-Mustang-P1577.aspx

cjlmlml
03-23-2018, 10:20 PM
im guessing the rotors?

Pranav
03-25-2018, 02:33 PM
Yeah as a class we got to the point where we realized it was dumb to pay MORE for non-slotted rotors once we started wearing down the rotors on the Stoptechs, and now allow slotted rotors to help keep costs down.

That "CMC" kit is outdated since you don't need blank rotors any more.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/showthread.php?5373-Slotted-rotors&highlight=slotted

Also didn't realize the rotor rings are the same for both cars. I keep two spares in the trailer thanks to the deal Matt gave me.

Need to order a spare hat/screws in case I break one at the track one day.

Fbody383
03-26-2018, 02:52 PM
"As a class we got to the point we realized it was dumb to just use stock calipers and rotors..."

ShadowBolt
03-27-2018, 08:54 AM
"As a class we got to the point we realized it was dumb to just use stock calipers and rotors..."

While I agree Stoptech brakes don't go with the whole idea of CMC but neither does a new set of tires every weekend. I can say I just changed the rings on the 55 after five years (one was changed but the pin holes wallowed out not from a cracked ring) and I think they would go another one or two years. Pads are also less expensive and thicker than stock type pads. Hard to swallow but in the end you will save money on front brakes. Now what to do about the tires.......

Jerry

drecords
03-27-2018, 11:43 PM
While I agree Stoptech brakes don't go with the whole idea of CMC but neither does a new set of tires every weekend. I can say I just changed the rings on the 55 after five years (one was changed but the pin holes wallowed out not from a cracked ring) and I think they would go another one or two years. Pads are also less expensive and thicker than stock type pads. Hard to swallow but in the end you will save money on front brakes. Now what to do about the tires.......

Jerry

Do like NASCAR and have limited number of sets per season? Street tires? Iunno...

Sook
03-28-2018, 01:17 PM
Do like NASCAR and have limited number of sets per season? Street tires? Iunno...

I destroy street tires on track very quickly, they'd probably have to be shaved and I don't think anyone wants to go back to that.

The idea of a limited number of sets is intriguing, another aspect of competition. Also, provides more opportunity for excuses from racers and there are never enough of those! I'm not sure how to police it though. For our season of 5 regional races, how many sets would we mandate? 2.5 to allow for flat spotting?

The RRs don't seem to run out of rubber, just the heat cycle thing. I'd be much happier if there was no question that I could be competitive on a set for two weekends. Right now it's too up in the air to risk showing up at a race in an uncompetitive fashion due to all the other expenses, for me at least. If I know I can't afford a set of tires, I probably won't race.

- Josh

Pranav
03-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Bring back the old ra1s.

cjlmlml
03-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Bring back the old ra1s.

+1

Sook
03-28-2018, 02:47 PM
Bring back the old ra1s.

Ain't gonna happen unless we can convince Toyo they will make the same amount or more money.

AllZWay
03-28-2018, 03:57 PM
I destroy street tires on track very quickly, they'd probably have to be shaved and I don't think anyone wants to go back to that.

The idea of a limited number of sets is intriguing, another aspect of competition. Also, provides more opportunity for excuses from racers and there are never enough of those! I'm not sure how to police it though. For our season of 5 regional races, how many sets would we mandate? 2.5 to allow for flat spotting?

If I know I can't afford a set of tires, I probably won't race.

- Josh

Which just adds to reasons I quit. The cost has gotten out of control from what CMC used to be all about. The old RA1's were the perfect tire for the series.

RichardP
03-28-2018, 04:38 PM
It's always fun when we bury series discussions in someones for sale thread...

Limiting the number of tires is completely unworkable. For one, in the TEXAS region, there was only one CMC car that attended all the events last year and no AI cars. People who show up occasionally get to win on new tires while people going for the championship have to suffer half of their races on uncompetitive tires?

The big question is why there aren't more people showing up to all the events? I'm pretty sure tires is one of the biggest factors.

I really miss tires that sucked but sucked consistently for a really long time...

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
03-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Sorry to start the tire shit on Chris's thread.

I got a call from a former CMC racer the other day that ask me about the state of CMC today. When I told him about the tire issue he said no way he would come back. He remembers six to eight tires in a six race weekend season. He has a car but tires will keep him away. How many others are in the same boat? MSRH, then Cresson, two weekends at TWS, Hallett and ECR plus practice days and all done on six to eight tires. Will told me Toyo swears they changed nothing from the first RA1 to the new RA1.

With NASA Texas having the largest field ever at Cresson I doubt anyone with NASA Texas or NASA National gives a shit about this issue in CMC. I think we could double our fields in CMC (don't know about AI) with a different tire situation.

JJ

michaelmosty
03-29-2018, 11:17 AM
I agree, the RR's heat cycle out way faster than the RA1's. I feel like I can get 2 weekends out of a set of tires with little drop. I think managing a full season on 2-3 sets of tires is very do-able.

I ran crap tires to start MSRH, in the rain, and they were terrible. Mounted up some new tires and ran them for the 4 races. Sunday qual, I ran off track on lap 1 in the rain so clearly not considered a heat cycle. I then ran the same set at Cresson for all 7 sessions. I figure they are at 11 heat cycles now and I plan to use them for practice at COTA and the invert race. Will have a new set for COTA that will get 4 heat cycles from 2 quals and 2 races. Will then run those tires at Hallett for qual and the 4 races so I'll be at 9 heat cycles on them at the end of Hallett.

And I also think $1,500 for Chris's StopTech brakes is a great deal, good luck with the sale!!

ShadowBolt
03-29-2018, 11:41 AM
I agree, the RR's heat cycle out way faster than the RA1's. I feel like I can get 2 weekends out of a set of tires with little drop. I think managing a full season on 2-3 sets of tires is very do-able.

I ran crap tires to start MSRH, in the rain, and they were terrible. Mounted up some new tires and ran them for the 4 races. Sunday qual, I ran off track on lap 1 in the rain so clearly not considered a heat cycle. I then ran the same set at Cresson for all 7 sessions. I figure they are at 11 heat cycles now and I plan to use them for practice at COTA and the invert race. Will have a new set for COTA that will get 4 heat cycles from 2 quals and 2 races. Will then run those tires at Hallett for qual and the 4 races so I'll be at 9 heat cycles on them at the end of Hallett.

And I also think $1,500 for Chris's StopTech brakes is a great deal, good luck with the sale!!

No doubt it you manage and flip your tires like Michael does you can do better. Kevin also runs older tires on inverts so yes you can do it on three sets but that does not change the fact that somewhere around 10-12 heat cycles the tires have lost a little. Also if you want to go as fast as possible and do the best you can in every race (even inverts) running "crap tires" is not going to do it. I have two full sets with 12 heat cycles that still look only half worn but they are slower than new tires I promise.

JJ

Pranav
03-29-2018, 07:30 PM
I bring three sets of rrs: crappy, ok, good

The crappy for Friday, ok for inverts and warmup, good for qual and toyo races.

Buy a new set every other race.

cjlmlml
11-01-2018, 11:08 AM
still for sale, come get em

drecords
11-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Wonder if these calipers would work with my girodisc rotors to avoid double investing.

drecords
11-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Wonder if these calipers would work with my girodisc rotors to avoid double investing.

NVM...wife would murder me if I bought these and a fuel cell in this off-season

39PitCrew
11-02-2018, 09:21 PM

Wait, I've met your sweet wife.
I'm sure she wouldn't murder you.
It would look like a tragic accident.

Supercharged111
11-04-2018, 08:15 PM

Why would you want all that fuel sloshing around behind the axle anyway?

cjlmlml
10-17-2021, 12:21 PM
Hi Guys, do you remember who bought these?

I remember him sayin he couldnt use them,,,, shot in the dark here, but looking for some...

Sook
10-23-2021, 05:28 PM
I think it may have been Mike Urbanski. Ryan McFall bought the car, so he may have them?

Josh

centerville
10-24-2021, 12:12 PM
I sold the brakes to Sam. Sorry.