PDA

View Full Version : Austin area dyno before COTA

marshall_mosty
04-26-2018, 02:39 PM
Guys,
One of the out of region guys is needing a dyno before the event next weekend. Does anyone have a good list of Austin area dynos?

ShadowBolt
04-26-2018, 03:09 PM
Guys,
One of the out of region guys is needing a dyno before the event next weekend. Does anyone have a good list of Austin area dynos?

It's a really short list. Colvin automotive is the only one I know of (and they will not do dyno's on Sat. so they can be good neighbors). There was another in Pflugerville but they closed. If I remember there is another in far South Austin.
There could be more since I started using the dyno at MSRH a few years ago I stopped looking local.

JJ

Pranav
04-26-2018, 04:05 PM
Have him call down this list:

http://www.dynojet.com/dynocenters/dynojet-automotive-dyno-centers.aspx?Address=Austin%2c+TX%2c+USA&usa_distance=75

Casey_SS
04-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Yeah, Colvin is the only local option I've found. I just got mine done there Tuesday after work. If they couldn't squeeze me in I was going to have to go to either Cresson or Houston this weekend.

If the Colvin option doesn't pan out for whatever reason, Maxwell Dodge allegedly has one as well but when I called them last week they said it has been down for the last 2 months and no idea when it will be fixed. Oddly, they told me the exact same thing 3 years ago. Verbatim...almost like it was read from a sheet of paper next to the receptionist's phone. That could mean it's just not intended for the public and you have to know the right people to get on it. I clearly do not but maybe Will can help in some way?

Suck fumes
04-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Auto tech on Gillis is open to public appts. Think its $120 for 3 pulls.

marshall_mosty
04-30-2018, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys