Race 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6iKkD-Gow

ShadowBolt
05-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Race 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRgpbLuJlyw

Race 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6iKkD-Gow

Wow that is like a completely different track than what we ran last time. The cones or whatever you call them would not allow you to go out and use the runoff areas like Kevin was doing in several places.

JJ

drecords
05-08-2018, 10:34 AM
I'm working on a 5min highlight reel from #34...should be ready by the weekend because I'm lazy AF. Will post here when done. Great weekend all, that track is a treat to race on despite the cost.

Fbody383
05-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Is there a track limits rule for Nationals? Or generally...

Sook
05-08-2018, 11:18 AM
I'm working on a 5min highlight reel from #34...should be ready by the weekend because I'm lazy AF. Will post here when done. Great weekend all, that track is a treat to race on despite the cost.

Ditto on the racing, fantastic track even better with the boundary rules (or lack thereof) and shortening the turtles. Super expensive. I'm still open to doing a shorter course - we don't get many laps in in a 30 minute race.

- Josh

Sook
05-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Is there a track limits rule for Nationals? Or generally...

The rule this weekend was paved surfaces. They said if you passed while crossing the inner most white line you have to give the position back (similar to Verstappen last year at F1). I don't think that happened in AI/CMC.

- Josh

Fbody383
05-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Super expensive. I'm still open to doing a shorter course - we don't get many laps in in a 30 minute race. This.

And thanks for passing/white line clarification.

blk96gt
05-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Ditto on the racing, fantastic track even better with the boundary rules (or lack thereof) and shortening the turtles. Super expensive. I'm still open to doing a shorter course - we don't get many laps in in a 30 minute race.

- Josh

We didn't get many as many laps on Saturday because we got hosed by not having a grid until 5 minutes before race time.

Sunday we got hosed because of full course cautions for both races.

I have zero desire to run the short course. If anything letting us go through the short course for outlaps and cool-down laps would be a better option. I'm not sure how viable that is though.

Sook
05-08-2018, 01:48 PM
I have zero desire to run the short course.

Course not, you're super fast on the full course!

I was surprised at how much carnage there was this weekend, lots of totaled cars in various groups.

- Josh

ShadowBolt
05-08-2018, 02:37 PM
Course not, you're super fast on the full course!

I was surprised at how much carnage there was this weekend, lots of totaled cars in various groups.

- Josh

Why would that surprise you? Fast track (or half of it at least) and concrete walls.

JJ

Pranav
05-08-2018, 03:39 PM
We didn't get many as many laps on Saturday because we got hosed by not having a grid until 5 minutes before race time.

Was there any explanation for this? I know Marshall was asking for a grid sheet multiple times and we didn't get anything back.

Trublu
05-08-2018, 07:43 PM
So I experimented some more with live-streaming at COTA. Links are on my Facebook.

marshall_mosty
05-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Sunday we got hosed because of full course cautions for both races.

I have zero desire to run the short course. If anything letting us go through the short course for outlaps and cool-down laps would be a better option. I'm not sure how viable that is though.

I'm really sorry on the grid issue. That is on me and Clifton... We learned a hard lesson, unfortunately at everyone else's expense.. My apologies.
Regarding the short course out lap, I suggested that last year and the track config wouldn't allow it due to the movement needed for the required barriers.

blk96gt
05-09-2018, 07:46 PM
I'm really sorry on the grid issue. That is on me and Clifton... We learned a hard lesson, unfortunately at everyone else's expense.. My apologies.
Regarding the short course out lap, I suggested that last year and the track config wouldn't allow it due to the movement needed for the required barriers.

How is it on you? Shouldn't it be the race director that's responsible for grid?

marshall_mosty
05-10-2018, 06:33 PM
How is it on you? Shouldn't it be the race director that's responsible for grid?

I suppose that I could put it on Clifton, but I’ve done grid for our group for so long that I feel it’s just “part of the job” for me to do. However, with the HUGE field at COTA, I didn’t want to have to figure it out by hand since we had so many “extra” groups above and beyond the PT guys.

Pranav
05-11-2018, 05:17 PM
Not trying to dump on you or Clifton, but setting qualifying for Saturday by registration time for the whole field, independent of class wasn't great.

What we did at MSRC worked way better. Can we do that at Hallett? I'm liking the organized grid for quals, makes it so much easier to bang out a good qual time and not worry about hitting slower traffic or worrying about holding up a faster class car behind you.

Pranav
05-12-2018, 10:32 AM
https://youtu.be/11FfEhfrT5g

Race 2

Fbody383
05-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Race 2 White balance.

How was it with the BMW guys?

Supercharged111
05-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Pranav's video does a better job of depicting the challenges the track presents the driver.