PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Champions crowned!

GlennCMC70
10-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Congrats to the new AI and CMC Champs.

Mike Bell
10-23-2006, 05:57 AM
Congrats to all the respective champions for 2006! Nice job this year. Look forward to battling again in 2007.

It was great to see most of you again, sorry to Corey for forcing him off in R3 and to Nick for missing a shift in front of him in R4 and any other bonehead moves I pulled this weekend.

CMC17
10-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Congratz to the 2006 Champions!!!

AI#97
10-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Congrats to all the respective champions for 2006! Nice job this year. Look forward to battling again in 2007.

It was great to see most of you again, sorry to Corey for forcing him off in R3 and to Nick for missing a shift in front of him in R4 and any other bonehead moves I pulled this weekend.

Mike, thanks for giving me that extra 5" of room in the carousel in Race 3....and to all the others that saw me coming! I appreciate the respect and racing room from everyone in that race....I just wish we had one more lap! :wink:

Rob Liebbe
10-23-2006, 09:51 AM
and any other bonehead moves I pulled this weekend.

I don't know if you missed a shift or your car just screwed up but , I heard a loud pop or backfire coming out of turn 2 and you just got real big in the windshield, got me a position outta that one though.

Hope you get your motor figured out.

Mike Bell
10-23-2006, 09:58 AM
and any other bonehead moves I pulled this weekend.

I don't know if you missed a shift or your car just screwed up but , I heard a loud pop or backfire coming out of turn 2 and you just got real big in the windshield, got me a position outta that one though.

Hope you get your motor figured out.

Yeah, had a great run on Boudy and went from 3rd to 2nd gear - DOH!!

Matt, if 5 inches wasn't enough I'm sorry. Next time I'll try and move over further.

AI#97
10-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Matt, if 5 inches wasn't enough I'm sorry. Next time I'll try and move over further. Nope it was plenty....3" might have been too little as I would have had the right side tires fully in the mud!!! All good and all fun!

GlennCMC70
10-23-2006, 03:33 PM
the points spread for 1-2-3 was like this (my numbers- could be wrong)
Jeff -0
Glenn -22
Nick -110

Waco Racer
10-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Ah...

Ah...

Ah...

CHEVY!!!

CMC17
10-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Ah...

Ah...

Ah...

CHEVY!!!

Great job to the top 3!!!! Excellent job this year! Well, even if they were in Chevy's. :D

Hope to be out there with you guys and more of a factor in '07

mitchntx
10-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Congrats to all the racers and especially to those that made the year long sacrifice. It's a grind ...

I was jealous and mired in self-pity all weekend long while I was at work.

Everyone ... go to that switch on the wall, flip it up and see if your lights come on. You can thank me later for MY sacrifice.

8)

Rob Liebbe
10-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Ah...

Ah...

Ah...

CHEVY!!!

Gezuntheit - I think Clifton caught a cold this weekend!!!!

cmarvel
10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone!

I have raced, crewed, worked and watched races since I was 14 years old (push starting an FV at the airport course in Hutchinson, KS with a cast on my leg in 1979). I have never enjoyed the company of a better group of racers!

I was awed by the outpouring of support from the group when we blew up (both times). My thanks to all of you for your support and for the excellent competition. We were very lucky to win in this well prepared and determined group.

I learned a a great deal racing with you this year, and we will be with you next year to help even if we don't run the full season!

Lewis Tanner
10-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Everyone ... go to that switch on the wall, flip it up and see if your lights come on. You can thank me later for MY sacrifice.

8)

Actually, I got my power bill today. I'm not thanking you for anything... ;)

Congrats, guys! The respect I have, and I'm sure everyone else here has, for what it takes to be the champ in this series is tremendous. Be proud of this accomplishment!

Todd Covini
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Congrats, guys!
We'll whoop it up at the Banquet and give these champions (and others) the credit they deserve in a few months!

-=- Todd

PS- Mitch...glad I could help you out on those fuel prices as requested. Let me know if there's anything else I can do. :roll:

Mike Bell
10-24-2006, 06:08 AM
I'll say it: THANKS MITCH!!! We sure missed having you out with us this weekend too! :D

Is it just me or has the racing really stepped up about 10 notches during the 2006 season? Make a little mistake like missing a shift and lose 7 spots before the next corner, makes my teenie little brain spin. Then to see some of our regional folks go up to Nationals and do so well, speaks volumes about the quality of AI/CMC racing here in TEXAS!!!!

I can't wait till the 2007 season starts! 8)

mitchntx
10-24-2006, 07:48 AM
PS- Mitch...glad I could help you out on those fuel prices as requested. Let me know if there's anything else I can do. :roll:

Just like Governor Perry's property tax cut ... :?

oz98cobra
10-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Congrats to all our 06 Champions!

And yes, Mike, the racing has stepped up about 10 notches this year! I've noticed a big difference in our whole group from when I first raced early in the season to now!