PDA

View Full Version : Nationals - AICMC shindig

MikeP99Z
09-04-2018, 10:50 AM
All:

It looks like Will has scheduled the NASA shindig on Friday night for food / band, etc.

How about we do our deal on Thursday evening in Lot A. Hallett-style - brisket, chicken, sausage, ribs on multiple smokers / grill, people bring sides/beverages etc. Likely 100-150 people.

Midnight ribs on Friday night post-concert.

Thoughts?

Post here, reach out to David Francis also if needed.

MP

liquidroam
09-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Sounds good to me. I am happy to supply some beer and some sort of purchased side item(you dont want me cooking) plus the normal donation.

Fbody383
09-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Mike and I chatted. I still need to catch up with OIF but i expect they're good too. Trying to recognize Will's events as well as ours but keep of the AI/CMC Texas food tradition.

Mosty - can you bring a Traeger if we need another one?

More to come...

blk96gt
09-05-2018, 11:18 AM
I have a smoker I would be willing to lend out but I won't be getting there until Thursday afternoon.

BADVENM
09-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Should we start a "what I'm bringing" thread so we don't all show up with 100 hot dog buns each ;)

michaelmosty
09-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Dave, the Traeger would be pretty tough because I am bringing the Tahoe. I might be able to get it in the passenger side of the racecar if you need it though. Keep me posted and I'll see if it will fit.

Cody Powell
09-07-2018, 09:47 AM
I get the thought process and it kinda sucks for me cause I had the SO pull the kids out of school on Friday so they could be there for the Friday night event. Wanted her to meet everyone. Honestly don’t care about the rest of NASA classes just my ai cmc family! Well except Bryan he can sod off, but everyone else for sure

BryanL
09-07-2018, 11:24 AM
I get the thought process and it kinda sucks for me cause I had the SO pull the kids out of school on Friday so they could be there for the Friday night event. Wanted her to meet everyone. Honestly don’t care about the rest of NASA classes just my ai cmc family! Well except Bryan he can sod off, but everyone else for sure

Can't wait to sod off with your SO!

Storm Trooper
09-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Dave, the Traeger would be pretty tough because I am bringing the Tahoe. I might be able to get it in the passenger side of the racecar if you need it though. Keep me posted and I'll see if it will fit.

We have enough, don't worry about trying to get it in!
Thanks
OIF

Fbody383
09-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Starting to look like OIF, Alamo, and Cody... that's a combo.

Good news is we're in a real town and can get to a grocery store if we need to.

Pretty sure we can dispose of ribs because, ribs, and what else is everybody doing at a race track at midnigh... protein shakes, video review, and a good night's sleep? I just don't want a bunch of brisket to go un-eaten.

centerville
09-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Ok so what do I need to bring besides money and beer?

BADVENM
09-08-2018, 03:37 PM
I too am wondering what I can bring that is easy to transport to the event (chips, paper plates, forks, knives, spoons, cups, buns, money, etc)?

Fbody383
09-10-2018, 12:14 AM
Here's the good news.. we'll have a couple smokers and pellets. Other good news is we're literally in Austin so we can get stuff.

Money and beer always work. If we have chips/dips it gets eaten. If we have plates/plasticware (especially if you don't mind donating or taking home) we find a way to use it.

Al was looking for a margarita machine.

At this point OIF plans to roll up Wednesday probably and hope the "family" can save us some space in Lot A. I want to believe it will all be friendly and "hey I have a couple buddies coming..." but I'm really not that optimistic. We've talked about dropping the trailer off Tuesday so who knows.

Who else is in?

BryanL
09-10-2018, 10:54 AM
I'm in. Guess we are eating after the 6:00 meeting? I'll get some sides to bring and potentially cookies for the cooks only and some cash for the meat. Should have a table and maybe a canopy.

Yes, I'm hoping someone can save a spot for my truck/trailer/car so that I can arrive sometime Thursday afternoon and don't have to park in another lot. Hopefully Will has it squared away to put all of AI/CMC together. Good to have some with open trailers setup and park their cars next to my trailer/truck like other events. Please surround my car with mustangs of course.

I heard Craig is already parked in line at the track and has paint like a soccer referee to lay out a parking plan with car numbers!

ShadowBolt
09-10-2018, 01:05 PM
I'm in. Guess we are eating after the 6:00 meeting? I'll get some sides to bring and potentially cookies for the cooks only and some cash for the meat. Should have a table and maybe a canopy.

Yes, I'm hoping someone can save a spot for my truck/trailer/car so that I can arrive sometime Thursday afternoon and don't have to park in another lot. Hopefully Will has it squared away to put all of AI/CMC together. Good to have some with open trailers setup and park their cars next to my trailer/truck like other events. Please surround my car with mustangs of course.

I heard Craig is already parked in line at the track and has paint like a soccer referee to lay out a parking plan with car numbers!

Open trailers are not aloud in lot A.

JJ

Pranav
09-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Super tentative, but I want to back out of my 3pm Thursday dyno slot.

I've asked the guys in charge to see if I can transfer it to another Dyno Group A car without losing the $$$.

Anyone interested?

BryanL
09-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Open trailers are not aloud in lot A.

JJ

What I meant was guys with open trailers could park with me. Like the 55 car next to the 24. You will have your car there, your trailer in another lot, and RV in the park. Maybe you will be able to get out of there before midnight.

Fbody383
09-10-2018, 04:19 PM
I'm in. Guess we are eating after the 6:00 meeting? That's the plan... I guess I should go find a schedule. I've talked to several folks today and there is some belief that we'll be ok on room. OIF is rolling up Wednesday morning and will work to help create the AI/CMC block.

We're hopeful we can do some generator management to minimize how many we need to run overall for sleeping AC.

smitty328
09-10-2018, 07:11 PM
I'm in for pitching in money. I'm leaving too early to stock up on groceries now.

I have an early arrival pass that I don't need. Does anyone need it tomorrow?

ShadowBolt
09-10-2018, 07:18 PM
What I meant was guys with open trailers could park with me. Like the 55 car next to the 24. You will have your car there, your trailer in another lot, and RV in the park. Maybe you will be able to get out of there before midnight.

I just need a spot for the car and my tools. I'm going to have a 10 X 10 easy-up. If I read it correctly Wed. after 4 or 6 (I need to look again) is as early as us non extra payers are concerned.

JJ

rleng1
09-10-2018, 07:33 PM
I’ll be arriving late Wednesday or early Thursday. Will need a spot as well. Anywhere is fine.
Thanks.

michaelmosty
09-10-2018, 07:50 PM
I should hopefully be getting there Wednesday around 6-7PM. If someone could help save a spot for my car, Tahoe, and Marshall's car that would be greatly appreciated!!

BADVENM
09-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Team Incidental Contact will arrive Wednesday evening around 6pm, hopefully. We have a Ford Excursion and 20 something foot trailer, dont have a preference for a spot other than its flat.

mach1
09-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Paul and myself are arriving late Wednesday as well, hoping to have a spot for my 44ft trailer and truck.

Fbody383
09-11-2018, 10:38 AM
I just need a spot for the car and my tools. I'm going to have a 10 X 10 easy-up. If I read it correctly Wed. after 4 or 6 (I need to look again) is as early as us non extra payers are concerned. I read that too and it doesn't make sense to me. There could be Lot A people driving Wed and Thu it would need to be open on Tuesday as well. We'll know soon enough, I expect OIF will be there 9am ish Wed morning.

AI328
CMC55 - car and tools/ 10X10
CMC 11 - couple car equivalent and space
Team Green Fbird - BIG trailer and stuff
Incidental Contact - Truck/Trailer/Car
CMC77 - truck/trailer

I know Aussie/Aussie/Aussie has motor home bookends and their big canopy for 3 cars.

rleng1
09-11-2018, 10:42 AM
I read that too and it doesn't make sense. Sense there could be Lot A people driving WEd and Thu it would need to be open on Tuesday as well. We'll know soon enough, I expect OIF will be there 9am ish Wed morning.

AI328

CMC77 - truck and trailer, 10x10 popup, grill, cooler, easy chair.

Fbody383
09-11-2018, 10:42 AM
CURRENT GRUB PLAN

We are bringing two smokers. Thinking about 35-40lbs brisket for Thursday and we'll do math on Midnight Ribs(tm) once we're there.

Two briskets should cover 60-ish plus Jander.

BryanL
09-11-2018, 11:52 AM
I read that too and it doesn't make sense to me. There could be Lot A people driving Wed and Thu it would need to be open on Tuesday as well. We'll know soon enough, I expect OIF will be there 9am ish Wed morning.

CMC24 - 28'enclosed/truck/car (put 328,55,11 in front) passenger side of trailer has awning and have a 10x10 that can be used if needed
AI328
Incidental Contact - Truck/Trailer/Car
CMC77 - truck/trailer

I know Aussie/Aussie/Aussie has motor home bookends and their big canopy for 3 cars.
Added me to the parking list.

marshall_mosty
09-11-2018, 12:43 PM
There's a really good Mexican market down the road so beef shouldn't be a problem...

Suck fumes
09-11-2018, 01:33 PM
might have to wear a diaper on friday if you buy meat from market in that area. Not sure how sanitary it is?

BADVENM
09-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Im bringing several bags of chips, 100 paper plates and napkins, 360 assorted spoons, knives, forks as a starter. Can trade cash for meat if need be.

Al Fernandez
09-11-2018, 09:26 PM
I plan on getting there around 10pm tomorrow night. Happy to participate in the cash for BBQ program!!

Storm Trooper
09-11-2018, 09:51 PM
might have to wear a diaper on friday if you buy meat from market in that area. Not sure how sanitary it is?

It depends!

BryanL
09-12-2018, 10:33 AM
I have a side of baked potato salad like I bring to Hallett. I know it isn't enough for 60 so hope some other are bringing some sides and desserts (and not dollar story fake sweets) I'm in for a trip to the meat market as well as I love eating tacos and meats from places like that. I'm thinking Cabrito!!

marshall_mosty
09-12-2018, 12:38 PM
I'll bring my standard assortment of cookies...

cjlmlml
09-12-2018, 01:00 PM
I am sending down a box of AICMCTexas stickers with Michael Mosty today. Please help yourselves

2 sizes, - 1 for car , 1 for Helmets.

May see all y'all Friday

Fbody383
09-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Muchas gracias on the stickers, sides, cash, camaroaderie, and mustangerie...

marshall_mosty
09-17-2018, 11:36 AM
Dave, Shawn,
Thanks for pulling double duty to not only cook, but to also prep/maintain/race!!

Sook
09-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Dave, Shawn,
Thanks for pulling double duty to not only cook, but to also prep/maintain/race!!

Ditto, great party and excellent food as always!

- Josh

centerville
09-17-2018, 08:30 PM
With all the extra people you guys did a great job as always. Thanks!