PDA

View Full Version : I had a blast guys.... thanks!

marshall_mosty
10-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Guys,
I had a blast this weekend. All four races were action packed. Thanks to Chris Lyons for a wonderful back and fourth battle during R3. Thanks to David Capps for a great fight during R4, I should have some great video of the back of that 05!

See you guys at SpeedZone in January!

AllZWay
10-23-2006, 11:09 AM
I can't say I had a blast, but I did have a good time hanging out and getting to know more of the guys in this group.

I will get my POS fixed and be ready for Feb though.

cjlmlml
10-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Marshall, The generosity of Mr. Brooks and racing with you in race 3 made a tough weekend very memorable.

Props to bofe of yous

donovan
10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Marshall, The generosity of Mr. Brooks and racing with you in race 3 made a tough weekend very memorable.

Props to bofe of yous

It was fun to watch... :( :x :cry:

GlennCMC70
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
get your 'lil bro on the ball, i wanna see the vid of me doing the Ginsberg Shuffle in R4. :shock:
bet adam never did it @ 100+ mph!!!!!! :P

michaelmosty
10-23-2006, 03:52 PM
get your 'lil bro on the ball, i wanna see the vid of me doing the Ginsberg Shuffle in R4. :shock:
If you are referring to me (the elder brother) I am going to try and get something up first thing tomorrow. The entire first lap of R4 was a sight to say the least. :shock:

GlennCMC70
10-23-2006, 03:55 PM
yes, you. but in the nature of stature. :P
are you really older than him???

CMC17
10-23-2006, 04:47 PM
If you are referring to me (the elder brother) I am going to try and get something up first thing tomorrow. The entire first lap of R4 was a sight to say the least. :shock:

Yes, please let me know if/when this will be available in hi-rez (along with the other great video you all have too)!! :D

Todd Covini
10-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Chiming in on the subject line....I had a blast this weekend guys!
R4 was simply awesome for me thru traffic in the beginning and chasing the National runner-up, Mr. Burch in R4 while watching Varner close in on us.

The fact that I spun in the mud-bug didn't dull the R4 experiance the least bit...I had a blast gettin' technical with some of the boyz.

-=- Todd

PS- It does bother me, however, that my 4 year old's first spectating experiance of his Dad on track involved a spin right in front of him. As 4 year olds do, he now equates "racing" to spinning in the mud. "Daddy...why did you spin?...was that an accident?...Daddy...car got dir-ty." I hear it every hour since I got home yesterday. Ain't life grand!

macstang
10-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Todd, you just gotta bring those kids more often. My girls can tell you the difference between AI and CMC, what all the flags mean, and when the car rolls over, that daddy's gonna be in the garage for a long, long time. lol.

We all had a good time, although mr. Covini missed our team building exercise under the blue easy up Sunday morning. What a cold morning.

No issues on the drive home, well, except running out of gas. I'm used to it, with a 160 mile range, I keep the siphon hose hooked up to the race car so I can fill a gas can when the Explorer runs out. 10 minute delay.

See yall, umm, sometime...

oz98cobra
10-24-2006, 07:47 PM

I've got some great footage of you threadin the needle from Mason's point of view from #5 at the back of the pack! Wild ride by the look of it! I'll pull it from the camera later tonight.

GlennCMC70
10-24-2006, 08:02 PM
get it hosted!

Mike Bell
10-25-2006, 06:21 AM
I've got a bit of GL's off in R4 (although it's from a long, long way back). By the time I get up to Glenn he's finishing up his final revolution and deposting the last 500lbs of Angleton mud/guck onto the surface in T16. I'll see if I can get a clip edited and posted this morning.

Mike Bell
10-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Here's the video (21MB hi-rez) from my seat way in the back:

(Right click, Save As)

http://bns-racing.com/GLR4MSRH.mpg

Rob Liebbe
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I remember braking into 16 and catching something in my peripheral vision - Glenn passing me with the brakes locked in the grass - I know he's faster than me but it just didn't seem right. I then figured out where he was going and realized it was the same place I was going and decided to yield the right of way.

Good job to everyone for keeping this from being really nasty.

AI#97
10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Here's the video (21MB hi-rez) from my seat way in the back:

(Right click, Save As)

http://bns-racing.com/GLR4MSRH.mpg

Anyone else having issus getting this video to play. neither windows media player or quicktime will play it. Get an error "file is not a movie file"....?

Thanks!

Tex89
10-25-2006, 04:27 PM
It won't work on Winamp either. I only get audio.

AllZWay
10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
It worked fine for me.

macstang
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
worked on Windows Media player 9 for me.

I got to see Glenn make it all the way through the field while spinning, to finally just touch my left rear and send me into the mud. I am glad that turned out that way as it could have been very ugly at that speed from that direction, and with that many cars in the pack.

Warhorse has had its share of bad luck this season. Should be good next year if Micah can make it to the races.

Mike, I bet you have a bunch of video of the 44, since we were in the back most of the time. Share it buddy....

Mike Bell
10-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Mike, I bet you have a bunch of video of the 44, since we were in the back most of the time. Share it buddy....

You'd be surprised how little action I do have, mostly lap after lap of me racing nobody. I only ran the camera on Sunday, got all of R3 from the back - bery bery boring stuff after lap 2. I got to hassle Morgan for a few corners, not much else.

Camera battery died midway through R4, only got my missed shift in front of the pack and the subsequent ambush. I'll review any clips I may have of #44 and post them up if I find any. Was fun pitting and racing with Team Warhorse!!

In Misty's video you can see the #44 car dealing with the slow #18 car a bit, at least on lap one anyways lol.

jeffburch
10-25-2006, 07:45 PM
MB's vid played fine with divx player only, for me. Dunno.
Here's a tasty morsel.
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/R4_loRez.wmv

Thanks RK for fixing Texican ftp.
Mitch, we're gonna do the deal on a site.
jeffburchracing.com and mitchwarrenracing.com.
Misty, I woulda got the hell outta there asap.
TC, you gave me the open arms like WTF?
WTF? That corner was covered in mud/grass.
EV, hellava race bud!
Fun fun! I hope all had as much fun as I did this year.

jb

jeffburch
10-27-2006, 09:21 PM
More kibble. http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/R2_loRez.wmv
OBTW, german gpc cars suck!
Who the F was in that silver bimmer?
(the same one that spun in R3T1 and delayed our start)
Was that the dentist? LOL!
How embarassing?!!!!!!
Where's our manties rep? Send him a case. Do you take Toyo bucks?

jb

R1 http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/R1_loRez.wmv

Mike Bell
10-28-2006, 03:32 AM
"AJ Brass" is what it said on his car. Thanks for sharing the vid JB!

mitchntx
10-28-2006, 05:15 AM
LOL ... Glenn and yourself kind of muscled your way passed the Volks. LOL

GlennCMC70
10-28-2006, 08:26 AM
dip shit didnt want to race till me and Jeff caught him. did the same shit in R1. bad thing is, he was lapped by GPC by the time we caught him and then we lapped him. we were nice in R1, we werent in R2.

GlennCMC70
10-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Manties are for AI cars. a GPC car should get something "better".

Mike Bell
10-28-2006, 08:31 AM
You two handled him nicely. Well done.

Group 5 and 8 should be getting a divorce IMHO.

AI#97
10-28-2006, 09:28 AM

It's not THAT bad...it actually helps keep things close in our group. Adds a few more opportunities for passing and keeps the driver on his toes! The GPC cars are fairly spread out so it isn't like cutting through a pack of 7 CMC cars occupying the space for only 3! :wink:

CMC17
10-28-2006, 10:22 AM

It's not THAT bad...it actually helps keep things close in our group. Adds a few more opportunities for passing and keeps the driver on his toes! The GPC cars are fairly spread out so it isn't like cutting through a pack of 7 CMC cars occupying the space for only 3! :wink:

You're kidding, right? :roll:

The last thing I want to see again is Group 8 in with us. Mucho problems running with them! Assclowns comes to mind.

AI#97
10-28-2006, 12:23 PM

You're kidding, right? :roll:

The last thing I want to see again is Group 8 in with us. Mucho problems running with them! Assclowns comes to mind.

Nope. Not kidding. Actually had fun using them as moving picks to pass or prevent from being passed. They did OK and nothing that a driver's meeting would not have fixed after the first race. It just added something more to the mix of the 20 minute race....call it more action than just chasing one car or being chased by just one car...? That's all!

sort of the reason I ended up liking the 40 minute races as they were more than just a sprint. I think as the AI group gathers up at the front, it will start to become much more interesting and action packed! I am actually looking forward to it....I think! :wink:

CMC17
10-28-2006, 12:31 PM
I have a solution.

AI/AIX and Group 8 together

CMC gets their own run group

This would be totally awesome!

AI#97
10-28-2006, 01:06 PM
I have a solution.

Maybe?! I kind of like using you guys as picks too! :wink:

CMC17
10-28-2006, 02:22 PM
I have a solution.

Maybe?! I kind of like using you guys as picks too! :wink:

You can't eat the cake too!! 8)

jeffburch
10-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Here's 2 of Bev's snapshots toward the end of lap 1 of race 4.

jb

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/MSRH%20108.jpg
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/MSRH%20109.jpg

oh, and then there's this

Mike Bell
10-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I have a solution.

Perfect solution from where I sit, Matt can use hooptie low-boy Mazda's spewing tranny oil as picks while he waits for tow-hook-less BMW's to get towed out of the mud.

mitchntx
10-28-2006, 04:44 PM
oh, and then there's this

Joe Dirt ... 10 years later!

"That thang gotta Hemi?"

jeffburch
11-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Joe Dirt Vert!
That's priceless.

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/R3_loRez.wmv

jb

So, all of my vids are up.
Where are yours??????????????

marshall_mosty
11-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Jeff,
11 cars in 1 1/2 corners is awesome. If my car wasn't too far gone to the AI side of the fence, I would have liked CMC.

AI#97
11-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Jeff,
11 cars in 1 1/2 corners is awesome. If my car wasn't too far gone to the AI side of the fence, I would have liked CMC.

I didn't pass THAT many cars THAT quickly....was more like a lap and half! :wink:

Jeff, thanks for the vid and the room going into bus stop!

MW

jeffburch
11-01-2006, 10:51 PM
CMC is the shit.

Period.

Thanks to all for watching/complementing on 'em.

jb

CMC17
11-02-2006, 08:35 AM
For all those that haven't been in a CMC car, it's a BLAST! No crutches (ABS, mega power, big brakes, wider tires, aerospace suspensions and wings), it's man and machine.

Momentum is your friend. Lose it and you will find yourself dropping positions quickly! Nail the brakes too hard and you will find yourself in a place you don't want to be.

Sorry, not bashing the other classes, but CMC relies on the basics and it's up to the driver to make things happen.

CMC rulez yo!!!!

Point? uh, not one I guess. Just .02 worth for those thinking about CMC or other classes. ;)

mitchntx
11-02-2006, 10:53 AM
I think Eric has been hitting the Jolt Cola ...

CMC17
11-02-2006, 11:21 AM
I think Eric has been hitting the Jolt Cola ...

8) 8) 8)
Just having some fun. No harm. :D

I like running with the AI guys.

marshall_mosty
11-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Sorry, not bashing the other classes
I like running with the AI guys.

Ohh, I see, it's all so clear now... 8)

marshall_mosty
11-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Double post...

cmarvel
11-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Taking Eric's post in the spirit (I think he) intended, I think he has a point. I raced for years in Spec7 (with even less power), and it does teach you to hone your technique. It will ensure that you have the basic driving skills that work in any class (or quit in frustration).

But, it will not teach you to deal with the higher cornering speeds, longer brake zones, and non-linear grip that better suspension, bigger motors, and aero bring. That is what I moved to AI to learn about. Wow, what a learning curve (see discussion of the trip through the fence at MSRH).

Having said all that, there may be a CMC race or two in my future!

CMC17
11-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Taking Eric's post in the spirit (I think he) intended, I think he has a point. I raced for years in Spec7 (with even less power), and it does teach you to hone your technique. It will ensure that you have the basic driving skills that work in any class (or quit in frustration).

But, it will not teach you to deal with the higher cornering speeds, longer brake zones, and non-linear grip that better suspension, bigger motors, and aero bring. That is what I moved to AI to learn about. Wow, what a learning curve (see discussion of the trip through the fence at MSRH).

Having said all that, there may be a CMC race or two in my future!

Well said, Chris.

I need to drive one of those AI cars sometime. 8)

Woot! CMC? C'mon over. :D