PDA

View Full Version : 2 piece rotors and upgraded hubs

Supercharged111
10-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Knockback has been driving me bonkers the last couple events. I think my expectations are going up for the red dragon. Last I researched there was a 3rd gen 1LE setup that Shawn Richardson made a spindle for and then there was an adapter to allow a C6 Corvette ZR1 cartridge to bolt up. I'm leaning toward the latter if it still exists. When it comes to rotors what are you 4th gen guys running with the Stoptechs? Any old C5 Corvette 2 piece? I have Stoptechs but haven't installed them so not sure if it uses a proprietary rotor of a plain Jane C5 rotor.

Pranav
10-15-2018, 10:28 AM
The stoptech st-40 kit uses their proprietary type of rotor/hat, not c5.

You just have the calipers/brackets?

If I were to do it from scratch i think Delaney's adapters with c6 race hubs is plug and play.

I currently run a diy 3rd gen spindle with non 1le hubs that have been modified to take 1le out bearings. It's a lot of maintenance and weight over the c6 adapter kit IMO.

ShadowBolt
10-15-2018, 12:52 PM
No matter what you use for hubs I suggest you run Stoptech rotors. They last forever. I changed mine after four years just because.

JJ

Pranav
10-15-2018, 01:12 PM
If you're missing the rotors, Girodisc makes replacement discs and hardware that fit mustangs and Camaros. You just need the hats for the Camaro.

blk96gt
10-15-2018, 02:00 PM
If you're missing the rotors, Girodisc makes replacement discs and hardware that fit mustangs and Camaros. You just need the hats for the Camaro.

FWIW I ordered replacement StopTech rotors and race hardware kit from Tire Rack for $565.

ShadowBolt
10-15-2018, 02:31 PM
FWIW I ordered replacement StopTech rotors and race hardware kit from Tire Rack for $565.

Should have been free on a National Champion.

JJ

Supercharged111
10-17-2018, 09:48 PM
Forgot I even made this thread. I have ST40 calipers and mounts, no rotors so looks like Stoptech it is for the hats, rings, and hardware. Does Delaney have a website or phone number for those adapters?

marshall_mosty
10-18-2018, 09:05 AM
Sent you a PM with Jim's cell number