PDA

View Full Version : Power steering fluid

Al Fernandez
01-06-2019, 09:45 AM
Unpacking my newly rebuilt by PSC power steering pump, I notice a warning tag that says to run GM89921182 fluid and not to run either ATF or synthetic PS fluids. Anyone know why? I’ve been running Redlibe synthetic power steering fluid in my cmc car for 18+ yrs...

Supercharged111
01-06-2019, 11:08 AM
I think the ATF might be prone to foaming. Not sure on the synthetic part.

Pranav
01-06-2019, 11:32 AM
I've ran PSF on all my psc pumps, no issues

I think they're trying to help cut down on noise/chatter on their street applications

Pranav
01-07-2019, 01:58 PM
LOL,

So last week I replaced a leaky PS cooler on the car, replied to your post right before taking a trip back to houston from san antonio. Truck randomly popped open a rack seal while pulling out of buc ees. AAA got us back to houston for free, having the rack replaced now.

Its been a power steering week.

Al Fernandez
01-07-2019, 04:23 PM
bummer

64GunPilot
01-07-2019, 08:28 PM
LOL,

So last week I replaced a leaky PS cooler on the car, replied to your post right before taking a trip back to houston from san antonio. Truck randomly popped open a rack seal while pulling out of buc ees. AAA got us back to houston for free, having the rack replaced now.

Its been a power steering week.

Funny you say this, my Hyundai Trajet (Korean Minivan with a 2.0 common rail turbo diesel) also just sprung a power steering leak. Right when I am getting ready to sell it. Grrrr.

centerville
01-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Funny you say this, my Hyundai Trajet (Korean Minivan with a 2.0 common rail turbo diesel) also just sprung a power steering leak. Right when I am getting ready to sell it. Grrrr.

This ALWAYS happens to me.