PDA

View Full Version : MSRH Roll Call

mach1
01-13-2019, 08:26 PM
Reg is looking a little light, who is going?

drecords
01-13-2019, 10:54 PM
Going! ��

64GunPilot
01-14-2019, 09:49 AM
Still in SK. Would be nice if someone can upload a video or two and some pics. Share it so others can see.

michaelmosty
01-14-2019, 10:42 AM
I'm signed up!!

Pranav
01-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Registered.

Sook
01-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Reg is looking a little light, who is going?

Are we going to see the firebird again?

- Josh

mach1
01-14-2019, 04:30 PM
Are we going to see the firebird again?

- Josh

I hope so!

ShadowBolt
01-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Unless something changes the 55 will miss the first season opener since we started racing in CMC.

JJ

Casey_SS
01-14-2019, 06:52 PM
I'm out...car is still just a bare tub surrounded by piles of parts. Shooting to have it ready for Cresson.

Sook
01-15-2019, 12:49 AM
Unless something changes the 55 will miss the first season opener since we started racing in CMC.

JJ

Well, the government could reopen before the season opener - would that be enough change? Or the government could be closed for the first time ever during the season opener, is that strange enough to get the 55 out?

Broken car?

- Josh

Sook
01-15-2019, 12:45 PM
Registered.

- Josh

ShadowBolt
01-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Well, the government could reopen before the season opener - would that be enough change? Or the government could be closed for the first time ever during the season opener, is that strange enough to get the 55 out?

Broken car?

- Josh

I'm at NAS Lemoore in CA. We don't leave here until Thursday and it will take three days to get home. I have been off and out of state for two weeks and I have not touched the car since COTA when it failed to finish due to some charging issue. I think we will skip this one.

JJ

Pranav
01-16-2019, 03:32 PM
This off season has kinda sucked. Took xmas to NYE off with no plans other than prepping the car and getting some truck maintenance and minor things done.

Fixed one thing on the truck, got sick, ended putting the car away untouched. Blew rack seal on the truck on a trip, spent $2k getting it fixed because I had zero time/inclination to try it myself.

Now scrambling to do a few minor things to the car this weekend and #sending it.

Fortunately I fixed the blown clutch hose from October and everything else at this point is a nice to have, but wish I got more done.

Sook
01-16-2019, 03:50 PM
I feel your pain on the car. I dusted mine off for the dyno day. It's going back on track in roughly the same condition it came off at the end of the season last year - same tires even!

- Josh

michaelmosty
01-16-2019, 04:46 PM
I agree with y'all. We got the old house sold right before Christmas so that was a huge weight off the shoulders. Then got the "spare" engine back out of the race car and got the heads along with the old motor to the machine shop right after Christmas. Got the engine back a week ago and Marshall helped me get it in the car and running this previous Saturday. Talk about the best brother ever, always helping out!!!
Now just need to do the normal nut / bolt car, clean wheels, check fluids, etc to be ready for Houston.

That sucks not having Jerry and Casey there, we'll miss seeing you at the opener. Hope the repairs go smooth and we can see y'all at Cresson.

Al Fernandez
01-16-2019, 08:29 PM
I’m out due to work. I’ll tell myself that I would’ve totally finished the LS swap in time but now we’ll never know...

mach1
01-16-2019, 11:00 PM
If Paul's LT1 makes it through the weekend without issues do I get a trophy or Toyo Bucks??!

Cody Powell
01-16-2019, 11:17 PM
If Paul's LT1 makes it through the weekend without issues do I get a trophy or Toyo Bucks??!

You will get to sleep more, which is nice.

I will be at cresson for sure.

See you guys then

Sook
01-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Trying to get the #82 ready in time. Hopefully engine install goes smoothly tonight.

- Josh

Pranav
01-17-2019, 02:28 PM
What's the story in this one

Straight junkyard, junkyard cleaned up, or fresh build?

Sook
01-17-2019, 02:31 PM
What's the story in this one

Straight junkyard, junkyard cleaned up, or fresh build?

Shady craigslist deal. Borescoped the cylinders, pulled rocker covers, pulled oil pan for the baffle - that's about it. It's an LS1 this time instead of a truck motor. As far as I can tell, it's completely unmolested until I got to it.

It's got a fresh brakekleen paint job.

- Josh

mach1
01-17-2019, 05:07 PM
Shady craigslist deal. Borescoped the cylinders, pulled rocker covers, pulled oil pan for the baffle - that's about it. It's an LS1 this time instead of a truck motor. As far as I can tell, it's completely unmolested until I got to it.

It's got a fresh brakekleen paint job.

- Josh
do you mind sharing price paid?

Pranav
01-17-2019, 05:46 PM
Tree fiddy

Sook
01-18-2019, 12:28 PM
do you mind sharing price paid?

You'll have to talk to Dan on that one. I think it was right around tree fiddy though.

It ran last night, does good burn outs. The exhaust was full of oil from the last engine dying at COTA. Boy was that an unexpected surprise when the new engine started.

- Josh

Trublu
01-21-2019, 08:13 PM
Who’s hanging out for the weekend????? Can’t wait myself. I’ll be there Thursday night along with John and we will stake our claim on some AICMC real estate. John has patched up the fire pit so if you’re planning to stay up late with the cool
Kids please remember to bring some fire wood to go with your fireball. Oh and a reminder to the choir, yes it’s Australia Day again, warm up those vocal cords....

drecords
01-21-2019, 10:15 PM
Who’s hanging out for the weekend????? Can’t wait myself. I’ll be there Thursday night along with John and we will stake our claim on some AICMC real estate. John has patched up the fire pit so if you’re planning to stay up late with the cool
Kids please remember to bring some fire wood to go with your fireball. Oh and a reminder to the choir, yes it’s Australia Day again, warm up those vocal cords....

I'll be there Thursday night to stay. Pranav and I have the canopy spaces 23 &24 that don't have any canopy... planning to park my trailer next to it.

michaelmosty
01-22-2019, 09:53 AM

We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, if you could save us a spot to put a pop-up that would be great. Australian Day, nice, gotta learn the words!! Will bring more of the crappy fire wood that is at my dads shop.

ShadowBolt
01-22-2019, 01:10 PM
I really hate missing opening weekend but I can't really go to the boss and ask off for Friday after just being off for two weeks.

JJ

Supercharged111
01-22-2019, 02:26 PM
I really hate missing opening weekend but I can't really go to the boss and ask off for Friday after just being off for two weeks.

JJ

Can't or won't?

blk96gt
01-22-2019, 03:27 PM

JJ

Your boss sounds like an asshole.

Cody Powell
01-22-2019, 07:06 PM

Isn't Jerry the Boss?!?

drecords
01-22-2019, 11:04 PM

Depending on how Friday goes we can just use my car as firewood.

blk96gt
01-23-2019, 08:47 AM
Isn't Jerry the Boss?!?

That's my point.

ShadowBolt
01-23-2019, 09:22 AM

He can be.

JJ

39PitCrew
01-23-2019, 02:14 PM
He can be.

JJ

Too Funny!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSIsjUqvkfQ

michaelmosty
01-23-2019, 06:53 PM
Just a few items for the racing this weekend at MSRH:

I will be getting to the track mid-afternoon on Friday. I plan to dyno my car there and also help with Annuals whenever available. As long as Will and Hank will let me help with the AI/CMC annuals as in years past, I will help get as many done as I can. Please also keep an eye out and get your annual done at the Tech shed if the line is short because there is no guarantee I'll be able to get to all cars. I think the Annual sticker is $20 this year.

Please everyone check your tech items prior to leaving for the track. All personal safety gear, fuel cells, belts, window nets, master disconnect, roll bar padding, charged fire system, etc. Please have your tech form filled out prior to inspection.

CMC - please bring me a copy of your current dyno sheet prior to the start of the event.

AI/CMC dues - First off, thank you to everyone who helped contribute last year!! Your contributions helped chip away at the large hole the AI/CMC kitty was in but we still have a way to go. We started 2018 at a negative $1,292 and are making slow progress starting 2019 being negative $872. This already has our 2019 expenses included so we are on the right track to get close to even.
The dues go towards the annual fee for this AICMCTEXAS website, our special Hallett trophies each year, and the annual traveling trophies for end of year champions and various other awards.
Please bring your $30 for 2019 dues to the drivers meeting on Saturday.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing everyone for some great racing!!

Supercharged111
01-24-2019, 12:28 AM
He can be.

JJ

So you can't even convince yourself to skip work? Not sure asshole is the fitting term here. . .

ShadowBolt
01-24-2019, 10:36 AM
So you can't even convince yourself to skip work? Not sure asshole is the fitting term here. . .

Dumbass better?

No I took off two weeks and drove the RV to California and help my daughter move. Her husband is in the Navy and three days after they moved into the new house he was shipped out for three months so there was a ton of stuff to do. After taking off two weeks for the first time in my life I would have had just four days to get ready for MSRH. The race car broke in the finals at COTA (battery/charging system) and has not been touched since we winched it on the trailer. People think owning your own business means you can take off anytime you want. Well technically I guess you can as there is no one to tell you that you can't but when I'm gone it puts a ton of extra work on my "right hand man" and for whatever reason it makes me feel guilty. All of this plus the fact that I'm not really crazy about the track at MSRH made it easier to skip it this time.

JJ

Al Fernandez
01-24-2019, 02:23 PM
I'll be getting on an airplane tomorrow night...I'm crushed that I'm missing the event. Have a few Jack and Cokes for me!

ShadowBolt
01-24-2019, 03:17 PM
I'll be getting on an airplane tomorrow night...I'm crushed that I'm missing the event. Have a few Jack and Cokes for me!

It's amazing how that man that pays you a living can control your racing.

JJ

Supercharged111
01-25-2019, 12:55 AM
It's amazing how that man that pays you a living can control your racing.

JJ

You just played both sides of the fence there. . .

Al Fernandez
01-25-2019, 04:59 PM
One of these years I'll get control of my calendar...but meanwhile gotta pay the bills :)

BryanL
02-08-2019, 06:07 PM
So did this race actually happen?

64GunPilot
02-09-2019, 05:43 AM
Was wondering the same thing. No chatter about it at all!

centerville
02-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Kevin usually posts something over on tj. But I have not seen a thing.

Storm Trooper
02-09-2019, 09:17 PM
So did this race actually happen?

The OIF cobbler test was Amazing!

Supercharged111
02-10-2019, 02:08 AM
The OIF cobbler test was Amazing!

So am I to assume the finished product will be presented at Hallett?

I heard the MSRH event had ideal weather and that lap records fell, unsure about CMC in that regard.

michaelmosty
02-11-2019, 03:42 PM
The event had good nice cool weather. The track record is around 1:45.5 and John did a 1:44.8 in qual on Saturday but I think the best times in the races were in the low 1:46 range.

Had a low turnout in cars with 1 in AI and 9 in CMC. There was some great clean racing with I think only 1 issue of contact throughout the event.

I want to do a better job this year of posting up videos from the events but unfortunately I left my camera in the car and will be getting it this weekend to do some editing and uploading.

Some have heard but there was an incident with Kaitlynn (my 4-yr old) that was walking backwards and tripped onto some hot coals in the fire pit from the previous nights fire. She got a few 2nd degree burns on her butt from sitting on the coals. Huge thanks to Craig for seeing Kaitlynn fall in right as she started screaming and he got her out and brushed off as quickly as possible!!! We had the ambulance from the track come over and check her out and they recommended we take her to an urgent care and they were able to get her some meds and a prescription for a burn cream. By the time we got back to the track, she was her normal crazy self running around.

Also, thank you to everyone who already helped pay their 2019 AI/CMC dues and gave me their dyno sheets.
The smoked cobbler Dave and Sean brought was freakin awesome!! Will be a great addition to the Hallett grub!! :^)

I mainly just want to say Thank You to this amazing racing family!!! Kaitlynn's fire incident was scary but it was so comforting to hear everyone's concerns and best wishes. Will reached out to me from NASA as well as numerous racers at the track and even some not at the track just to give their best wishes.
This group is always so amazing with their care for everyone, support for fellow racers, and just general happiness at the track, it just makes me feel so blessed to have found such an amazing group of people!!

Now bring on Cresson!!!

Al Fernandez
02-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Scary stuff but glad to hear it ended up being pretty minor Michael. Too soon to call her Hot Pants?

drecords
02-11-2019, 10:49 PM
The event had good nice cool weather. The track record is around 1:45.5 and John did a 1:44.8 in qual on Saturday but I think the best times in the races were in the low 1:46 range.

Had a low turnout in cars with 1 in AI and 9 in CMC. There was some great clean racing with I think only 1 issue of contact throughout the event.

I want to do a better job this year of posting up videos from the events but unfortunately I left my camera in the car and will be getting it this weekend to do some editing and uploading.

Some have heard but there was an incident with Kaitlynn (my 4-yr old) that was walking backwards and tripped onto some hot coals in the fire pit from the previous nights fire. She got a few 2nd degree burns on her butt from sitting on the coals. Huge thanks to Craig for seeing Kaitlynn fall in right as she started screaming and he got her out and brushed off as quickly as possible!!! We had the ambulance from the track come over and check her out and they recommended we take her to an urgent care and they were able to get her some meds and a prescription for a burn cream. By the time we got back to the track, she was her normal crazy self running around.

Also, thank you to everyone who already helped pay their 2019 AI/CMC dues and gave me their dyno sheets.
The smoked cobbler Dave and Sean brought was freakin awesome!! Will be a great addition to the Hallett grub!! :^)

I mainly just want to say Thank You to this amazing racing family!!! Kaitlynn's fire incident was scary but it was so comforting to hear everyone's concerns and best wishes. Will reached out to me from NASA as well as numerous racers at the track and even some not at the track just to give their best wishes.
This group is always so amazing with their care for everyone, support for fellow racers, and just general happiness at the track, it just makes me feel so blessed to have found such an amazing group of people!!

Now bring on Cresson!!!

Glad she is OK!!! -- didn't even realize that this happened since Pranav and I were parked so 'remotely'

Here's my weekend summary video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvzy_J0-Azs

Would be neat to start doing these with in-car footage from several cars. I'd be happy to put those together if folks want to funnel me their videos and what they think the highlights are...

BryanL
02-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Glad she is okay and good job pulling her out Craig. You sure Craig wasn't teaching her how to fire jump?

Glad it was a good weekend guess I need to look up the results (to see how the Camaro's fared). Did Dan make it through without blowing a motor?

Sook
02-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Did Dan make it through without blowing a motor?

Yup! Had to pull the trans to take a look at the clutch after the weekend though, not a huge deal.

- Josh