PDA

View Full Version : MSRC Roll Call

mach1
02-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Who is planning to make Cresson? If you can also post what tire you are going to use that would be awesome.

Azenis
Josh
Dan
Records
Heather

Toyo
Leinart
Dustin
Michael
Jander
Jerry
Pranav
Al
Aaron

blk96gt
02-11-2019, 11:23 AM
I'm in. I guess I'll be on old Toyos if yall are running that tire.

ShadowBolt
02-11-2019, 11:25 AM
I should be there running on RR's that we ran at COTA.

Jerry

michaelmosty
02-11-2019, 11:31 AM
I'll be there on Toyo's.

ShadowBolt
02-11-2019, 02:04 PM
I do not have a problem buying a set of Azenis if we are going to all use them at least until the one set is worn out. Is NASA going to have an issue with this?

JJ

Sook
02-11-2019, 02:50 PM
I do not have a problem buying a set of Azenis if we are going to all use them at least until the one set is worn out. Is NASA going to have an issue with this?

JJ

Not clear yet, no idea how it's going to go over at this time.

I'm thinking of buying a set early, and having a TDE weekend (minimum 8 hot sessions on them) prior to Cresson.

- Josh

Supercharged111
02-11-2019, 04:35 PM
Hoping to make this one. If I do, it'll be on RRs as I already own them.

mach1
02-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Anyone bringing sticker RR’s?

drecords
02-11-2019, 10:00 PM
I'll be at Cresson. Assume per the rules that if we run the RT615K+ tires we'll all be considered as 'fun running?'

mach1
02-11-2019, 10:34 PM
I'll be at Cresson. Assume per the rules that if we run the RT615K+ tires we'll all be considered as 'fun running?'
I think so, everyone kind of gets hurt for not running the same tires, Toyo contingency field and competitors drops for those on Toyo's, the others have to just have a "side" race, no class points, no awards, etc.
If we could get a large majority on the other tire I bet we could make it the official race group.

blk96gt
02-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Anyone bringing sticker RR’s?

If I actually get my Toyo bucks approved and some tires shipped I will be bringing some but who knows if I'll use them.

Supercharged111
02-12-2019, 12:02 PM
I think so, everyone kind of gets hurt for not running the same tires, Toyo contingency field and competitors drops for those on Toyo's, the others have to just have a "side" race, no class points, no awards, etc.
If we could get a large majority on the other tire I bet we could make it the official race group.

As an interim measure, may be smart to call the class CMCx or something along those lines.

BryanL
02-12-2019, 12:52 PM
I'm planning to come and have RR's from Cota as well but I think the ones I ran at Cota I also ran at Hallett-have to check. I'm very interested in the other tire but with ECR being out if I ordered a set I would prefer them to be what I run at Hallett.

ShadowBolt
02-12-2019, 04:09 PM
I'm planning to come and have RR's from Cota as well but I think the ones I ran at Cota I also ran at Hallett-have to check. I'm very interested in the other tire but with ECR being out if I ordered a set I would prefer them to be what I run at Hallett.

I agree. I would like to use up my old six heat cycle RR's at Cresson then if everyone agrees I have no issue showing up at Hallett with the Falkens.

To really see how these Falken tires work I would think we would want everyone running them every time we are on track at Hallett (or where ever we all are running them).

JJ

michaelmosty
02-12-2019, 06:01 PM
I think we are a long way away from every competitor having an agreement to run street tires at an event. (Whether it be Cresson, Hallett, or wherever) We are having this discussion for a budget reason and I just don't want people spending money for tires when someone could show up with RR's and be way faster.

We need to do lots more discussions, research, etc with CMC and NASA if we want to see about a massive rule change proposition moving forward. This would be way bigger that even CMC on a national level, it would need an overall NASA approval to become official.

I love the discussion but just don't want us to get ahead of ourselves.

Sook
02-12-2019, 07:35 PM
We are having this discussion for a budget reason and I just don't want people spending money for tires when someone could show up with RR's and be way faster.

Agreed.

This would be way bigger that even CMC on a national level, it would need an overall NASA approval to become official.

That's good to know, I didn't realize it has to go that high.

- Josh

Sook
02-12-2019, 07:38 PM
The racing at Hallett is excellent. With multiple regions in attendance it's probably better to stick to RRs. It's the annual AI/CMC National Championship Part 1 after all.

- Josh

drecords
02-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Does anyone want to run the 200TW TT group at Cresson on 615K+ and compare back to back with RR's? Would give the ability for us to assess the different tires and not tip over the Toyo apple cart by showing up as defectors on different tires. That will mean I'm buying a new set of RR's for Cresson but they would be my COTA tires.

Supercharged111
02-13-2019, 01:05 PM
I'll show up to practice with 10HC tires and the others are stickers, the ~30 HC tires on the car now likely won't make it through my next local practice.

michaelmosty
02-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Just to make the tire situation even more interesting:
I can't find anyone that has 275/40/17 RR's in stock, hahahaha.

mach1
02-13-2019, 01:35 PM

Lol I’m looking forward to racing the field on 615’s!
Sell 1k in Toyo bucks to spec Miata guys for 850 and order up the falkins!

Sook
02-13-2019, 02:02 PM
I think the falkens would be allowed in AIX, as would the other CMC cars who wanted to play... Just sayin.

I'm going for the AIX regional championship this year. :p :p :p

- Josh

mach1
02-13-2019, 02:02 PM
I think the falkens would be allowed in AIX, as would the other CMC cars who wanted to play... Just sayin.

I'm going for the AIX regional championship this year. :p :p :p

- Josh

Smart man!

BryanL
02-13-2019, 02:07 PM

What is 615's?

RichardP
02-13-2019, 02:24 PM

I'm completely OK if a Toyo tire shortage leads to a bigger off brand tire test...

Richard P.

BryanL
02-13-2019, 02:50 PM
I think we are a long way away from every competitor having an agreement to run street tires at an event. (Whether it be Cresson, Hallett, or wherever) We are having this discussion for a budget reason and I just don't want people spending money for tires when someone could show up with RR's and be way faster.

We need to do lots more discussions, research, etc with CMC and NASA if we want to see about a massive rule change proposition moving forward. This would be way bigger that even CMC on a national level, it would need an overall NASA approval to become official.

I love the discussion but just don't want us to get ahead of ourselves.

Here's a shocker but I disagree and don't think we are getting ahead of ourselves but that we may already be behind. I find your comments somewhat interesting in light of the NASA Texas press release for the Vorshlag Street Tire Time Trial Championship. https://nasatx.com/nasa-texas-and-vorshlag-announce-street-tire-time-trial-championship/
“We are excited to partner with NASA Texas on this Texas only experimental Street Tire TT sub category! The 200 treadwear tires are longer lasting and very capable and brings the biggest cost in racing down. I think we can bring in some new TT competitors while keeping the core classes, unchanged, so contingencies remain.

Appears there are more people running 615's than RR's for the next event. I lean towards giving them a try as well as I hate the cost/disparity with our current tire. We can run whatever tire we want in AIX so we don't need NASA approval. With more people running them we have more research and discussion doesn't really do as much as if all the competitors decide they want to make a change. Yes at Nationals you would have to run a Toyo to run CMC but I don't think our class would have been any different if we were all in AIX gridded behind three high powered missiles with everyone on a 615 or whatever.

I know where your concern comes from but a little ironic you don't want people spending money on tires when they are sick and tired of spending so much money on tires already. Enough people (me included) think it's a big enough issue that they may be willing to give it a try. I just don't see the harm in it when they are spending almost the same money as they would on 2-3 RR's that are only podium capable in the first 5 heat cycles.

You are bringing up being "official" versus what we want to do and as the customer if we all want to do something then either NASA will accept our entry or tell us to go race elsewhere. I find this attitude a little interesting after seeing the NAS

michaelmosty
02-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Here's a shocker but I disagree and don't think we are getting ahead of ourselves but that we may already be behind. I find your comments somewhat interesting in light of the NASA Texas press release for the Vorshlag Street Tire Time Trial Championship. https://nasatx.com/nasa-texas-and-vorshlag-announce-street-tire-time-trial-championship/
“We are excited to partner with NASA Texas on this Texas only experimental Street Tire TT sub category! The 200 treadwear tires are longer lasting and very capable and brings the biggest cost in racing down. I think we can bring in some new TT competitors while keeping the core classes, unchanged, so contingencies remain.

Appears there are more people running 615's than RR's for the next event. I lean towards giving them a try as well as I hate the cost/disparity with our current tire. We can run whatever tire we want in AIX so we don't need NASA approval. With more people running them we have more research and discussion doesn't really do as much as if all the competitors decide they want to make a change. Yes at Nationals you would have to run a Toyo to run CMC but I don't think our class would have been any different if we were all in AIX gridded behind three high powered missiles with everyone on a 615 or whatever.

I know where your concern comes from but a little ironic you don't want people spending money on tires when they are sick and tired of spending so much money on tires already. Enough people (me included) think it's a big enough issue that they may be willing to give it a try. I just don't see the harm in it when they are spending almost the same money as they would on 2-3 RR's that are only podium capable in the first 5 heat cycles.

You are bringing up being "official" versus what we want to do and as the customer if we all want to do something then either NASA will accept our entry or tell us to go race elsewhere. I find this attitude a little interesting after seeing the NAS

If you think we are already behind, then that is your opinion.
I'm sorry I am not up to date on the NASA Texas press release for the Vorshlag Street Tire Time Trial Championship.

All I was saying is that if this is a "CMC" concern, the only tire legal for CMC currently is a Toyo RR or RA1. Anyone is more than welcome to put on whatever tire they want and run AIX.

Your last sentence got cut off but I am curious how you feel my attitude is a "little interesting".

AllZWay
02-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Not that my opinion means anything here since I am not currently racing, but I think everyone has a point here from both sides.

1. The RR is not a great tire for CMC. Overpriced and doesn't work well with a budget minded series. No one likes to get beat specifically by another persons wallet.
2. However, for racing CMC... it is your only option. You could all agree to race AIX regionally, but not everyone would do it.
3. This group can't just decide to change tires since it is a national class. I think Michael agrees with you that the RR is not the ideal tire, but some folks switching and some not is not a great solution either. While it is easy to say everyone should change, the reality is much more difficult and some wouldn't do it.
4. I am not sure NASA gives a crap that you don't like the tire... they are getting paid by Toyo.

Pranav
02-13-2019, 04:47 PM
Speaking of the Toyo RR shortage, is anyone else still getting old date code 2017 tires?

Was pretty pissed that my new set for MSRH was deep into 2017. Did they just make a whole bunch in 2017 and stop making them?

Pranav
02-13-2019, 04:47 PM
Also to further the pressure on NASA, we can put a petition together and send it on up.

We're competitors and customers, not like they can fire us.

Pranav
02-13-2019, 04:53 PM
I'll be on Toyos btw;

Need to cool it with the expenses but if this azenis thing gains traction maybe I'll be in on it at COTA as I'll need a new set then.

drecords
02-13-2019, 10:29 PM
I am surprised at the shortage of RR's. I've never had trouble finding them. Just checked tirerack and they show fewer than 3 with additional due 2/22.

BryanL
02-14-2019, 09:56 AM
If you think we are already behind, then that is your opinion.
I'm sorry I am not up to date on the NASA Texas press release for the Vorshlag Street Tire Time Trial Championship.

All I was saying is that if this is a "CMC" concern, the only tire legal for CMC currently is a Toyo RR or RA1. Anyone is more than welcome to put on whatever tire they want and run AIX.

Your last sentence got cut off but I am curious how you feel my attitude is a "little interesting".

Of course all we have are our opinions but appears people outside our series have already taken action for some similar reasons and people here are ready to give something else a try because what we have now isn't working.

Yes, this is a CMC concern as we are required to run a Toyo but we have the option in AIX of running any tire we want which makes it pretty easy for people to all move to that class with the only change being the tire. We don't really have any AIX cars in Texas that I'm aware of so doesn't seem like we would be bothering that class any and could still have an AIX regional championship. Is there still any prize money for regional champions? I don't find any Toyo contingency info. on the nasaproracing?

Last sentence I moved to the top "interesting" to give the link to the Time Trial class within a class on a 200TW tire. We won't know until we try and do the research. I don't think this would be the first time in CMC we have discussed having an agreement to run a certain tire during the 888/RA1 debacle.

If I l find that I need a set of tires for Cresson I'll be on 615's. I still may get a set for Cresson and save the old set of RR's I have for Hallett.

No RR's or two year old RR's is a bit of the icing on the cake.

Fbody383
02-14-2019, 11:17 PM
We're competitors and customers, not like they can fire us. Yeah, they can actually.

In reality they would likely offer to move you and your CMC non-compliant car to a different group where you were compliant, i.e. open tire group.

It may be Hallett before I'm back on track with the group, but my $0.02 is I want to run in the biggest group. If that's under-prepared AIX, fine by me.

mach1
02-15-2019, 07:56 AM
Speaking of NASA firing us, they already lost half of the spec miata field with the nationals fiasco.
At the same time DE registration was very high, maybe in a few years they will be a DE business like drivers edge? I’m sure Scca would work with us if we had to go that route.

ShadowBolt
02-15-2019, 10:06 AM
The Nationals Spec Miata deal was really bad. Greatest drive I have ever witnessed in person shot all to hell.

JJ

mach1
02-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Greatest drive I have every witnessed in person.

Truth, absolutely amazing drive....

Al Fernandez
02-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Soooo...I'll be at cresson. Hopefully with a car, definitely on Toyos.

Storm Trooper
02-18-2019, 10:33 PM
Soooo...I'll be at cresson. Hopefully with a car, definitely on Toyos.

Awesome!

marshall_mosty
02-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Guys,
Simple approach is to have everyone who wants run an alternate tire is to register as AIX and not engage with racing "true" CMC cars which are fully compliant to the class rules (running RR's or RA1's).
However, please bear in mind that TX is one of the only regions that has a healthy CMC field and if all the car "disappear" to AIX, there might be an un-expected consequence on the national level as CMC entries around the nation is struggling.

Sook
02-21-2019, 01:23 PM
However, please bear in mind that TX is one of the only regions that has a healthy CMC field and if all the car "disappear" to AIX, there might be an un-expected consequence on the national level as CMC entries around the nation is struggling.

There have been hints of national level 'something' happening. I don't think we're trying to do anything illegal or put people out of work. What type of backlash are you expecting - Are comp license going to be revoked for running AIX for a weekend?

Making CMC cheaper will definitely grow the class, and increase attendance. This tire test might not be the right solution immediately, but at least it's a step in a direction. There's a strong chance that this tire doesn't work at all for what we're trying to do, I'll have some data on the 4th.

- Josh

RichardP
02-21-2019, 01:58 PM
un-expected consequence on the national level as CMC entries around the nation is struggling.

The CMC entries around here are struggling because of the cost of tires. If we do nothing, it might happen anyway. Our goal is to make CMC stronger.

Richard P.

Supercharged111
02-22-2019, 12:11 AM
There have been hints of national level 'something' happening. I don't think we're trying to do anything illegal or put people out of work. What type of backlash are you expecting - Are comp license going to be revoked for running AIX for a weekend?

Making CMC cheaper will definitely grow the class, and increase attendance. This tire test might not be the right solution immediately, but at least it's a step in a direction. There's a strong chance that this tire doesn't work at all for what we're trying to do, I'll have some data on the 4th.

- Josh

I'll agree that making our class cheaper will make it more appealing, but the real challenge is to get that change nationally accepted. To do so would likely require the new tire manufacturer to provide a contingency and for that to bode with big NASA. It's plenty easy to run CMCTX on the Falkens, but again nats and out of region races would be a whole different ballgame until nationally accepted. Data is key here to present your case. At the same time, try to take the results of your testing with a grain of salt.

Al Fernandez
02-23-2019, 09:18 AM
For clarity, there wont be any "backlash" to an individual. Your license status is based on your driving and you are free to register and participate in any series you choose. If your car is completely uncompetitive for the series, that's on you (ie a 260hp 3200lb AIX car...)

Cody Powell
02-23-2019, 02:21 PM
Guys,
Simple approach is to have everyone who wants run an alternate tire is to register as AIX and not engage with racing "true" CMC cars which are fully compliant to the class rules (running RR's or RA1's).

This is funny to me, NASA national clearly doesn't care. They have boxed you guys into a vintage class on tires that last a weekend and cost $1300.
Guys like Bryan are always going to on new tires. He can afford it and he likes to run up front.
Its unfortunate but whatever. I really like the idea of running AIX. You guys should really pursue that, if it got traction you could possibly cut your own deal with a tire manufacturer. Heck hoosier already has one. And I think maxxis as well.

mach1
02-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Motor is hurt in the bird, I’m out :-/

Sook
02-24-2019, 07:42 PM
Motor is hurt in the bird, I’m out :-/

You have a few days, LS swap isn't hard. :p :p :p

Pranav
02-24-2019, 08:39 PM
Just 5.3 swap it.

Do it

Do it

BryanL
02-25-2019, 11:03 AM
With regards to NASA or specifically NASA TX. I would like to remind everyone that CMC is consistently the second biggest class behind Spec Miata. And AI/CMC is the second biggest run group other than SM-meaning bigger fields than an ST, GTS, groups, etc. So "hints" make me feel like a slap in the face from a girl you didn't even cheat on. If all of the sudden in a year we look up and there are 20 car fields in AIX that are just CMC cars on a different tire then there will be no "hints".

Thanks for clarity Al. Your car going to make it on track?

Al Fernandez
02-25-2019, 01:52 PM
LS swapped #5 will be there!!

Storm Trooper
02-25-2019, 02:49 PM

Way Cool!

drecords
02-25-2019, 07:24 PM
Looks like we have 11 committed to running based on Tyler's attendance page (not sure if everyone is actually signed up yet -- I'm not!) and it would be ashame if the biggest CMC field in 2019 was splintered into some AIX and some CMC.

I'd propose we handle the tire deal in the following way:

Everyone runs CMC legal tire for at least R1 and R3 for toyo contingency, and R2 to keep it simple. R4 we re-class the Falkens in AIX and evaluate the 'raceability' of the tires. This has multiple benefits -- namely the Falken cars don't toss all their drops in one weekend, the contingency is as big as it can be for all of us, and we still get to test the 'new' tires.

I'd also propose a discussion amongst the CMC racers on Saturday night about the future of the class and the Texas racers and where we want to go following this w.r.t. tires. We especially need input around how we go forward both from a national level and a Texas region with a tire change should the group elect to pursue it.

8-)

mach1
02-25-2019, 07:26 PM
Just ordered RR's for spec Miata $641 shipped, CMC 275's are $949 shipped from this place with the 15% Toyo coupon.

https://simpletire.com/catalog?width=275&ratio=40&rim=17&brand=97&zip=75189&maincategory=AUTOMOBILE

I'm really excited to see what happens on the 615k's! Wish I was playing with yall, will be fun to watch the racing :)

Al Fernandez
02-26-2019, 08:28 PM
I think that's a really good suggestion Dan.

RichardP
03-01-2019, 10:44 AM
I'd propose we handle the tire deal in the following way:

Everyone runs CMC legal tire for at least R1 and R3 for toyo contingency, and R2 to keep it simple. R4 we re-class the Falkens in AIX and evaluate the 'raceability' of the tires. This has multiple benefits -- namely the Falken cars don't toss all their drops in one weekend, the contingency is as big as it can be for all of us, and we still get to test the 'new' tires.

We need to be clear what the test structured this way will actually test. A single race on Sunday to determine the "raceability" of the tires is great and necessary. Passing that test is important and if they suck at that then more testing isn't required. If they are good to race on, then what? If that's all we are looking to test then there isn't any reason to switch tires. The current tires rock at that, even in their second weekend.

The critical test for any replacement tire is whether the tire degrades with heat cycles. It's my opinion that we would need to prove a tire with two weekends on it is still competitive against a sticker tire in order to move forward. That is a way harder thing to test than whether or not the tire can handle being raced. There are just so many variables that can't really be controlled. We need to control all the variables that we can and then increase the sample size to minimize the effect on our data by the variables that we can't control. At a minimum, we need to test a worn out tire against a new tire. For reasonable testing, we also need a control. Because lap times can vary so much between sessions (and obviously between drivers), we need the same drivers who do the old/new test to also do sessions on equal test tires. To minimize the effect of variables we can’t control, we would be looking for the relative competitiveness between the driver’s when the only variable we changed intentionally is the tires.

In the single Sunday race, if Josh is on old tires and the other testers are on new tires, what does that tell us? If Josh is slower is that because the tires have degraded or that the tires don’t work well with Josh’s suspension setup. If Josh is equal or faster, does that mean that the used tires are still good or is it just that Josh has learned how to race the new tire more quickly than the rest? Sample size is important and with the single race we effectively have a sample size of ½. That’s not enough data to make a decision as big as this. It would be great to have several driver’s switching between old and new over several back to back sessions to get a real picture of the tire’s capability. Maybe we would get more participation later in the season when there are more racers who have blown their season because of mechanical woes or because they came under on the scales by three pounds?

Richard P.

Sook
03-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Maybe we would get more participation later in the season when there are more racers who have blown their season because of mechanical woes or because they came under on the scales by three pounds?

Richard P.

It's been almost a year - still too soon. :(

Sook
03-01-2019, 05:30 PM
I'm probably driving up on Friday AM. Because of all the uncertainty with the test, Tyler being out, and Heather/Daniel being on the fence about it I think it's safe to say that we won't be doing a full weekend test. I'm open to racing on Azenis at some point over the weekend. Postponing a big test until later in the season might be wise and will stop us from collecting erroneous data. Hallett & Nationals I'll be on RRs for sure.

For Cresson I'm bringing RRs, RAs, and the set of Azenis - no idea how I'm going to fit them all in my truck though, hah.

I will be running the Azenis at Houston this weekend, so I'll at least have some reports and lap times on a track that I already have tons of RR data on. I'm looking forward to trying something new. The car has had a lot of changes since Houston so fingers crossed it runs well!

- Josh

marshall_mosty
03-03-2019, 08:10 PM

Sweet!!!

Rob Liebbe
03-04-2019, 10:17 AM
I was just on the Toyo website. They make a performance 200 treadwear rated tire. Looking at one of their tires might be a possible compromise between NASA, Toyo and CMC.

Sook
03-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Has anyone though about a parking plan yet? Looks like the 1.3 will be open for parking as well.

$175 for Test & Tune when I won't be there until the afternoon is a bit too rich for me.

- Josh

mach1
03-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Has anyone though about a parking plan yet? Looks like the 1.3 will be open for parking as well.

$175 for Test & Tune when I won't be there until the afternoon is a bit too rich for me.

- Josh

Good question, I'd like to stay near/with ya'll with my jap crap if possible
I'm going arrive prob around 10pm Thursday evening

Running TnT considering I just put Penske's on the car and did a total re-setup and corner balance.

ShadowBolt
03-05-2019, 04:48 PM
I'm with Josh. $175.00 for the practice (no half day) and I can't get there until noon Friday.

JJ

drecords
03-05-2019, 10:04 PM
I'll be there between 7&9 Thursday night. Was planning on parking near the group this time. We can park a few cars in front of my trailer to conserve space if needed.

Trublu
03-05-2019, 10:56 PM
We will be there Thursday night. Planning to nab the same spot as last year on the side road to the right on the way in

Sook
03-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Last year's spot was good. We're not getting in until midday/evening Friday so we'll figure something out.

- Josh

Sook
03-06-2019, 06:39 PM
OK, so I ordered 4 sticker Toyos for this weekend. Some how I only received 3 of them, the 4th appears to be lost in shipping. The next best set of tires I have are from the Cresson race last year.

Uhg.

- Josh

blk96gt
03-06-2019, 08:18 PM
OK, so I ordered 4 sticker Toyos for this weekend. Some how I only received 3 of them, the 4th appears to be lost in shipping. The next best set of tires I have are from the Cresson race last year.

Uhg.

- Josh

Welcome to the club.

Trublu
03-06-2019, 08:34 PM
Reminder. Cold people bring wood and the magic of fire makes them warm

michaelmosty
03-07-2019, 10:46 AM
For all racers coming to MSRC:

Hopefully everyone received the email that details the new Toyo contingency process. If you did not please email me and I will forward the email. Everyone please be sure to complete the annual form online and make sure you take pictures of all 4 sides of your car prior to the event starting to be eligible for the contingency.
Please so the same for any other contingency you are looking to participate in.

All CMC racers must provide a copy of their dyno sheet and graph to me prior to qual on Saturday.

Thank you to all racers who paid their AI/CMC dues at MSRH!! If this is your first event of 2019, please bring your $30 annual dues.

Last year there was a large group of us that were parked on the right side prior to the track entrance, next to one of the large new buildings. Please keep an eye out for that area so we can all park together.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!

drecords
03-07-2019, 01:32 PM
If anyone that couldn't get new tires needs used takeoffs to get through the weekend call or text me before 5pm.

Sook
03-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Great weekend of exciting racing! The red shift cars ran without much issue (thankfully). Lost a coil, changed a gas cap in the #50 mustang. #82 camaro only needed oil and fuel, #99 broke a control arm that was quickly swapped. Three podium finishes for red shift this weekend in R1 and R3. The competition in CMC right now is awesome, we had about a two second spread across the top 8/9 cars in qualifying both days.

The tire test in R2 & R4 was a LOT of fun. Records, Allford, and myself ran R2 and R4 on Falkens. They seemed to hold up well, preliminary results seemed to show us being slightly slower (1-2 seconds) than RRs this weekend - hard to really draw a conclusion with out of class traffic and tons of side by side racing (especially R4). Some of the tires are showing potential cord separations, but I haven't noticed any vibrations or them getting any worse. I did notice a bunch of other cars (not AI/CMC) at the track this weekend using the same tire. I ran Richard's brand new sticker set of Azenis in R4 and was able to battle Records and Allford on their used sets well. I'm looking forward to putting a few more weekends on these!

Congrats to Kevin Jander, the most awarded award! :p

- Josh

centerville
03-12-2019, 03:52 PM
I just want to say thanks to several people for helping me get through the weekend. From dead batteries to brakes to getting me some data from my car. Thanks guys!

See you all at Hallett!

Suck fumes
03-17-2019, 01:15 PM
any idea why results aren’t official yet?