PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

RichardP
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped Chris and I this year, and there were a bunch of you. It was more of an adventure than either Chris or I signed up for but we are very pleased with how it turned out.

We had some pretty serious assistance in the final race with a borrowed motor. We are very appreciative of that. In the bigger picture, though, the other offers for help were significant. That wasn’t the only complete motor we were offered and we were also offered complete cars along with lots of cheap parts and assistance from those that didn’t want to see the championship battle end prematurely.

In addition to all the people who helped us out with parts and such along the way, big props also have to go out to Robert King. He gave up half a race weekend to loan us his car early in the season when it wasn’t all that likely we would be competing for top honors or would need a couple of lower placed finishes to do it. All these months later it turns out that we did need the points from both finishes to make it happen. Thanks again for your contribution.

It has been wonderful to race with this great group of people. Thanks.

Richard Pedersen
#91 LX 5.0

gt40
10-26-2006, 01:52 PM
In addition to all the people who helped us out with parts and such along the way, big props also have to go out to Robert King.Aw shucks -- 'twern't nuthin...

Seriously, I was glad to help you guys out.

Mike Bell
10-26-2006, 01:55 PM
So, where u guys going Richard? GAC? NASCAR? CART? Back to family life and day jobs?

Inquiring minds and all..........

RichardP
10-26-2006, 09:31 PM
It's time to take a break, rest, relax, play with my new little girl, get things done around the house, etc...

At some point I will need to figure out what I want to do with the car and figure out a motor for it. The best guess would be something CMC like but we'll have to see...

Richard Pedersen
#91 LX 5.0

marshall_mosty
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Richard,
Enjoy playing as much as you can... you and Chris both busted your tails this year through multiple car issues that most would walk away from. Kudos to you for your cometition spirit. We'll carry the flame for you until you get back. I hope to see you at an event or two next year when we're in your neck of the woods.

AI#97
10-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Richard, you and Chris definitely worked your asses off this season and the committment to make every race regardless of finishing position is what paid off this year.

I sat down last night and thought about this and with JG winning 7 races, myself winning 8 races and getting a podium finish in 19 of the 21 races I made, you guys certainly accomplished a great feat. I think it is a testament to how competitive it is in this region and shows what it takes to be champion....you must make every race. I more or less knew that it was over for me when I missed race 2 at TWS but still kept the hope and competitive spirit to try. My hat is off to you guys because your experience knew what it took to get the job done. Kudos. You earned it.

However, on that note....the rest of you in AI will not get any mercy next year if things go the way I hope over the next few months. I think I may have found a sponsorship that will likely let me race next year. You ALL best be ready in 07'.... :twisted:

marshall_mosty
02-18-2007, 11:38 PM