PDA

View Full Version : Hallet Intergalactic CMC Championship Grub Thread

Fbody383
05-07-2019, 09:13 PM
That's right I said it.... step right up, step right up. Even with a budget a fraction of The Avengers, we'll still have a proper Hallett race weekend food throwdown.

What OIF is trying to clean up a little from the past is having 3,000 napkins and no forks. Let's give it a go, shall we?

PROPOSED/TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
Friday night - likely/maybe roast chicken/perhaps a surprise
Saturday dinner - brisket and cobbler?
Saturday Late Night - Midnight Ribs(tm)

FAVORITES:
Mosty's Buffalo chicken dip - da bomb
Martin - taters
Pip's Magic Something
Midnight Ribs(tm)
Ole English Beans
Red Shift Racing Dain Bramage Margaritas
Bottom Shelf Store Brand Cookies

NEEDS:
Plates
bowls
plasticware - knife/fork/spoon
paper towels/napkins
sides
deserts
chips/dips/salsa
coleslaw
bread
bbq sauce (i don't know what for...)
beverages
mini blue bells
donations

Let's get the head count and preferred contribution list started. Either reply to the thread or DM me. Anonymity maintained on request.

And another big thank you to past "sponsors" who have helped ensure that essentially the cooking crew eats for free.

centerville
05-08-2019, 08:01 PM
I will be attending. I will bring beer and cash. If anything else is needed as we get closer just let me know.

64GunPilot
05-09-2019, 09:34 AM
I can bring:

Paper plates
Plastic ware
Cups
Bowls
Paper Towels
Soda Can Drinks (ice bags, bottled water, coke, Coke Zero, sprite, Fanta ect but I don’t have a cooler that big)
Plain Sliced White Bread (I assume this is what you need)

Just need to know for about how many people. 20-30-40-50 people?

AllZWay
05-09-2019, 04:59 PM
I can bring:

Paper plates
Plastic ware
Cups
Bowls
Paper Towels
Soda Can Drinks (ice bags, bottled water, coke, Coke Zero, sprite, Fanta ect but I don’t have a cooler that big)
Plain Sliced White Bread (I assume this is what you need)

Just need to know for about how many people. 20-30-40-50 people?

Interesting... BTW.. Did you guys get the NASA survey via email to complete? I received one last week.

drecords
05-10-2019, 10:11 AM
RecShop Motorsports can contribute ribs for midnight ribs, as well as will bring the fireball/rumchata mixture again. Or maybe something else I haven't figured out yet....it was a hit last year.

Al Fernandez
05-14-2019, 08:35 PM
Dylan I can bring a large cooler if you want. Contemplate 100 for plastic ware, plates. About 5 for non alcoholic drinks.

Dave...more than happy to bring donations.

Speaking of donations, I will give 20$ to anyone that spills a 12oz or bigger margarita on Leinart after 10pm.

drecords
05-15-2019, 04:03 PM
Dylan I can bring a large cooler if you want. Contemplate 100 for plastic ware, plates. About 5 for non alcoholic drinks.

Speaking of donations, I will give 20$ to anyone that spills a 12oz or bigger margarita on Leinart after 10pm.

Do we have to make it look like a spill?

rleng1
05-22-2019, 08:08 PM

Thats reserved for the Red Shift Racing crew.

rleng1
05-22-2019, 08:09 PM
I'll be there with the Rocky Mtn High beans with a Pip flare.
Y'all really should figure out what is in those beans.

Supercharged111
05-22-2019, 10:18 PM
I'll be there with the Rocky Mtn High beans with a Pip flare.
Y'all really should figure out what is in those beans.

Well you're coming from CO so that should help narrow it down. ;)

Fbody383
06-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Team OIF is gonna eat good. Looks like Records is in for some ribs... since he's bringing some. Given the head count it may not be too bad. If you've replied here bring what you said so far. We'll take cash, water, and adult beverages.

Current big group plan for Saturday night is 2 briskets and Midnight Ribs(tm) - likely 8 or 12 racks. If you want BBQ sauce - bring your own to be safe.

Anybody allergic to pork?

Supercharged111
06-02-2019, 10:17 PM
https://i.cbc.ca/1.2072374.1381902392!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_780/pork-one-you-love306x172.jpg

blk96gt
06-03-2019, 08:34 AM
We'll bring some chips, dip and ice creams.

Fbody383
06-03-2019, 05:49 PM
MONDAY 6/3 UPDATE

See the notes. If in doubt bring something you can take home if we don't consume it. If cash is your thing we can do that. Our goal is still to have fun and eat free not make a bunch on this.

KNOWN

OIF - 2 brisket / 8 ribs / cobbler
Records - 4 rib / Runchatta-Fireball for size
Record BMW Convert - tater salad / chip-dip for chef / beverages
Dylan (Rookie!) - utensils (for 100 shold be plenty) and all the white bread we can eat
Centerville - beer and cash
Fernandez - cooler, hearty laugh and donations
Mr. English - beans... and beans.... and, well more beans
Mr. National Champion Sir - chip/dip/ice cream

GUESSING
11 Mosty - buffalo chicken dip (or no brisket)
Other Mosty - Bottom Shelf Cookies(tm)
Martins - something and Angie will market the sh*t out of it
Busted Arse - poppers or something else yummy
Red Shift - margaritas / Maybe you should stop at one(tm)

Who likes bacon? Might have something new on Friday night to pass out. First come, first served. Well after bribes and the chefs of course.

blk96gt
06-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Do you need any pellets?

BryanL
06-04-2019, 09:10 AM
I'm working on a dessert and/or some sides then cash as I agree the cooks shouldn't be out of pocket for all the trouble they go to for this and should eat free. I suggest a donation bucket at the front of the line for any who aren't contributing-be cool to collect some extra to fund the supplies for next year just like paying for your raceport a year in advance.

I'll be solo as far as a headcount.

Thanks OIF! Great tradition!

michaelmosty
06-05-2019, 08:13 PM
I will bring the buffalo chicken dip and Marshall will bring a crap ton of cheap cookies. Looking forward to the usual amazing grub!!!

marshall_mosty
06-10-2019, 08:23 AM
Midnight ribs was a “win” all the way around. I think of the 14 racks we killed all but 1 1/2.
Great job as always to the OIF crew!

Fbody383
06-10-2019, 10:46 AM
Woo Hoo!

Thanks to everybody that brought something or contributed cash. Looks like another great success. Also looks like we made some new friends which is cool.

On the way home after changing a trailer flat, we were talking about next year. OIF will probably have a better sign up list so we get closer to minimizing leftovers.

Green beans/cheesy taters/poppers/buffalo chicken dip a big hit.
Beans - always a hit
Potato salad - one tub probably enough
chips/dips - some worked some didn't

What did you guys like/not like? We appreciate the feedback. If you liked the pork belly burnt ends on Friday, we can repeat that. We had cookies and cobbler and those are fairly easy if you like that.

Hope everybody had as much fun as we did.

64GunPilot
06-10-2019, 12:32 PM
I couldn’t ask for more. I have zero suggestions for improvement. Everything is a sustain for next year from what I experienced.

Thanks for the welcome. My wife and I had a great time. Was the best first experience with the Texas group.

And to OIF - WOW the food was amazing. Great execution!

Al Fernandez
06-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Thanks to the entire OIF crew, everything was awesome. The pork bellies on Friday were awesome, definitely do that again.

Trublu
06-12-2019, 07:46 AM
Thanks to the entire OIF crew, everything was awesome. The pork bellies on Friday were awesome, definitely do that again.
Pork Belly is my new favorite

drecords
06-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Pork Belly is my new favorite

+1. Food was incredible as always. Dog hasn't acted the same since he got ahold of that drippings tray Friday night. Think it's like the same affect as the marijuana....

centerville
06-12-2019, 08:23 PM
OIF you guys are outstanding. The pork belly was to die for. The sides were awesome too.

Supercharged111
06-12-2019, 11:00 PM
Yeah, they're welcome to bring their smoker to my house any time and cook delicious food.

Gerno
06-13-2019, 12:15 PM
As the newest newbie in the group I wanted to say thank you for all the hospitality last weekend. Everyone made me feel extremely welcome and the food and drunken stories were incredible.. The late night singalong atop the table prior to midnight ribs.... not so sure about that...

Looking forward to future events for sure.

ShadowBolt
06-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Just a little info I was told about us (or rather you guys). Bryan said one of the corner workers told him that the NASA people drink more beer than any other group that comes to Hallett during the year. If I remember he said "it's not even close" how much more is drank during a NASA weekend.

You guys are the Champs!

JJ

AllZWay
06-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Just a little info I was told about us (or rather you guys). Bryan said one of the corner workers told him that the NASA people drink more beer than any other group that comes to Hallett during the year. If I remember he said "it's not even close" how much more is drank during a NASA weekend.

You guys are the Champs!

JJ

Well... at least that is something to be known for... :D