PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo! I won at Nationals!

Todd Covini
10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
OK so it was a random win....but I WON!!!

http://www.nasachampionships.com/random-winners.html

-=- Todd

mitchntx
10-27-2006, 04:39 AM
That'll move you into a new tax bracket.

Nicely done and congrats ...

marshall_mosty
10-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Too bad Cobalt doesn't have any pads for the PBR Cobra caliper... :shock: :cry:

Michael has been talking to them for three months about pads and they are supposed to be developing a "new" compound...

They have already lost me to Carbotech. I LOVE those pads (XP11 front and XP10 rear). They last forever and are very linear. However, they dust like crazy.

CMC17
10-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Gratz Todd!!!!

Mike Bell
10-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Too bad Cobalt doesn't have any pads for the PBR Cobra caliper... :shock: :cry:

Michael has been talking to them for three months about pads and they are supposed to be developing a "new" compound...

They have already lost me to Carbotech. I LOVE those pads (XP11 front and XP10 rear). They last forever and are very linear. However, they dust like crazy.

I thought these were for PBR's?:

CRB.VR.D412 Cobalt spec(VR) [FRONT] 2000-94 FORD MUSTANG - Cobra $189.00

macstang
10-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I think its funny RayBob Coleman won 100 bucks of Maximum motorsports stuff... hes a GM 4th gen man.

marshall_mosty
10-27-2006, 01:24 PM

They are... but they've been out of stock for something like 9 months with NO plans on making any more.

FWIW, I really liked the Cobalt pads with the exception of their very short life (2 weekends will kill a set)

donovan
10-27-2006, 02:45 PM

They are... but they've been out of stock for something like 9 months with NO plans on making any more.

FWIW, I really liked the Cobalt pads with the exception of their very short life (2 weekends will kill a set)

I ran 5 weekends on one set... Stop using your brakes so much...
Brakes are for turning...

AI#97
10-27-2006, 04:11 PM

I ran 5 weekends on one set... Stop using your brakes so much...
Brakes are for turning...

Yeah, no kidding Mr. 2800lbs!!! I do love the XP12/XP10 combo on my car....I do miss the PFC90's on the rear though. Carbotech is also giving a hell of a break on the price for AI guys. Fronts for my Brembos are only $160 if you bad mouth Cobalt.....which are suspected to be rebadged Hawk pads....purely rumor and I cannot substantiate it....

Thanks, please drive through after you get your fries at the next window! :wink:

marshall_mosty
10-27-2006, 04:54 PM
My brakes are for gaining track distance lost on the straight aways to certain "new edge" and 2005 mustangs who all seem to have freight train torque curves!

Now with the new "lightness", the Carbotech's are wearing exceptionally well.

CMC17
10-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Dang... I used almost a full set of HT-10's up front and Blues on the back this season. CMC=momentum racing!! :lol:

However, I didn't make all the races though this year. But, from the looks of the pads, I could have made the entire season on one set easily.

AI#97
10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
My brakes are for gaining track distance lost on the straight aways to certain "new edge" and 2005 mustangs who all seem to have freight train torque curves!

Now with the new "lightness", the Carbotech's are wearing exceptionally well.

Whoo Whoo Baby!!! The train is comin'!!!

dirwin
10-27-2006, 07:42 PM
386 lb ft of train pushing TORQUE to be exact! When the new spec cam goes in over the winter it should be making around 408!

A tire munching torque monster Mustang that weighs the same as a Crown Vic! And can run up front. What a country! :D

AI#97
10-27-2006, 08:40 PM
386 lb ft of train pushing TORQUE to be exact! When the new spec cam goes in over the winter it should be making around 408!

A tire munching torque monster Mustang that weighs the same as a Crown Vic! And can run up front. What a country! :D

Your brave Dave!!! I am going to cut 120lbs out of the car before next year and not change a thing on the motor...

When can we start lobbying for more 40 minute races? ....4000lb terrors on 275 Toyos should be fun!! :wink: :D

dirwin
10-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Thats what everyone keeps saying. I don't fully agree, I ran a 1 set of shaves Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Nationals (It was a short race because I made a mistake and ruined a tire under brakes). Then I ran the shaves that Spencer ran in Ohio Thursday, Friday and Saturday (he started Sunday on a new set) the whole weekend in MSR Houston actually 2 are still good. Sunday qualifing and Race 1 were on full treads at MSR Houston, Race 2 were on the shaves from Friday and Saturday. I have tested this car with tires thru 50 minute sessions and while you have to be aware of your tires and take care of them early, it was really not that much difference.

That said, Ohio was really easy on tires and we will have to see what MSR Houston or TWS in the summer for a 40 does. I don't think a set will last but one weekend at best under those conditions.