PDA

View Full Version : Hallett pics/videos

drecords
06-10-2019, 07:55 PM
All, I'd love to put a a summary video together to detail our 2019 Hallett CMC Extravaganza. If you're willing, I'd like the raw vids so I can cut them together into a highlight reel. Specifically the standing starts and exciting stuff to watch...

blk96gt
06-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Race 1 start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_WtADA9DFw

martinsntx
06-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Race 1 start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_WtADA9DFw

That guy in your rear view must have been pissed :) Would have thought with your rear gears and that 4.6 torque starting in 2nd would have worked?

Fbody383
06-15-2019, 06:02 PM
Specifically the standing starts and exciting stuff to watch... I'm game... might only be a cool spin...

michaelmosty
06-16-2019, 01:37 PM
Daniel,
What is the best way to get videos to you?
I don't know much about computers but can follow directions pretty good, haha.

I have my full files for the season.

mach1
06-16-2019, 03:15 PM
Preview of Michaels video from Hallett. :-O

https://media2.giphy.com/media/PLB9AXmDk0j1m/giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d06a2fa767846316f55a447&rid=giphy.gif

centerville
06-16-2019, 07:39 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/PLB9AXmDk0j1m/giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d06a2fa767846316f55a447&rid=giphy.gif

Greatness!

Cody Powell
06-17-2019, 09:51 PM

Too soon?!?

Nahhh

mach1
06-17-2019, 10:01 PM
It’s from the heart. Michael loves a little shit taking anyway. I remember spinning at msr Houston a few years ago and for a while every time he bumped into me in person he would do a 360 lol

michaelmosty
06-18-2019, 11:02 AM
Haha, I love it!! Definitely a fan of the shit talking, even at my expense.
I watched my video and I had Josh by about a 1/4 car entering the brake zone and after braking. I still can't believe Josh held the car that tight on the inside and a little over 1/2 way through the corner when mine started pushing out, I knew it was over. The drive to the finish line is just me shaking my head in disbelief.

Definitely an amazing drive by Josh, congrats!!

Sook
06-18-2019, 12:08 PM
Haha, I love it!! Definitely a fan of the shit talking, even at my expense.
I watched my video and I had Josh by about a 1/4 car entering the brake zone and after braking. I still can't believe Josh held the car that tight on the inside and a little over 1/2 way through the corner when mine started pushing out, I knew it was over. The drive to the finish line is just me shaking my head in disbelief.

Definitely an amazing drive by Josh, congrats!!

Thanks! I couldn't believe it either. I finally got the video off the cameras, neither of us touched the brake pedal until the 1!

- Josh

drecords
06-18-2019, 02:39 PM
Daniel,
What is the best way to get videos to you?
I don't know much about computers but can follow directions pretty good, haha.

I have my full files for the season.

Let me get back to you on that. I think we'll use Dropbox but let me get it set up

Pranav
06-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Use google drive; easy to send someone a link to which they can upload

-Resident Indian IT Guru

*sideways head bobble*

michaelmosty
06-20-2019, 04:01 PM
It’s from the heart. Michael loves a little shit taking anyway. I remember spinning at msr Houston a few years ago and for a while every time he bumped into me in person he would do a 360 lol

https://vimeo.com/118204289

mach1
06-20-2019, 04:46 PM

Hahaha, excellent! What's with that wing??!?!

drecords
06-21-2019, 08:59 AM
Have a CMC Videos google drive set up on our resident IT guru's reccomendation. Having Mosty do a test run for me and I'll get the link to the rest of you...probably won't post it in this thread since the whole internet can see it, will handle via PM.

Sook
06-21-2019, 01:39 PM
Have a CMC Videos google drive set up on our resident IT guru's reccomendation. Having Mosty do a test run for me and I'll get the link to the rest of you...probably won't post it in this thread since the whole internet can see it, will handle via PM.

I'll take that link when you're ready.

- Josh

drecords
06-21-2019, 01:49 PM
Sent!

Supercharged111
06-21-2019, 11:48 PM

Hmm, did he have assistance? :confused:

mach1
06-22-2019, 10:32 AM
Hmm, did he have assistance? :confused:

Nope, just ran out of talent

Supercharged111
06-22-2019, 10:57 PM
Nope, just ran out of talent

Having driven both, are the Fords that much less forgiving? I've had my turd Formula D sideways shooting a roost without a care in the world but from my observations the Fords are a bit sketchier when sideways?

mach1
06-23-2019, 09:52 AM
In that situation I had cables caught up in my feet and I have a bad track record of mistakes when distracted.
Id say the fords are less forgiving, the first time I drove a 4th gen I was surprised at how forgiving it was.

AI#97
06-23-2019, 09:58 AM
In that situation I had cables caught up in my feet and I have a bad track record of mistakes when distracted.
Id say the fords are less forgiving, the first time I drove a 4th gen I was surprised at how forgiving it was.

It's all in the car setup and what shocks you have. The mustang can be more frustrating with the stock quadralink while the F-body can be a PITA with bad shocks. good shocks and playing with springs on the F-body scores BIG gains but I think the mustang is better on the brakes....and that is the ONLY advantage I haven't worked out yet on the F-body within CMC rules.

Supercharged111
06-25-2019, 12:07 AM
It's all in the car setup and what shocks you have. The mustang can be more frustrating with the stock quadralink while the F-body can be a PITA with bad shocks. good shocks and playing with springs on the F-body scores BIG gains but I think the mustang is better on the brakes....and that is the ONLY advantage I haven't worked out yet on the F-body within CMC rules.

Well regardless, the Fords definitely work in TX. They seem to do pretty well on the east coast too. This is where the whole amateur racer spread of skill comes into play, I guarantee if Bryan's motor hadn't gone low on oil pressure he'd have been on the podium. Check out how nats went last year too, the big variable there was an out of class douche in a BMW racing himself while fast racers who'd gotten DQ'd were trying to reel back in. Based on how COTA went, I observed no dominant platform (IMHO). There were too many variables in that race to truly decide if one platform had an advantage over another, but that was at a very unusual track for CMC from what I could see. If we rewind to Hallett last year, Bryan did complain of his car fading late in the race, though I suspect Mosty's was too. It's hot as balls down there and driving style also plays a huge role as does the personality of the loose nut behind the wheel. I know by the time I'd cleared Al and Dan my car was friggin done, even the clutch started slipping in the final after John Martin had made his move that I somehow managed to hold off.

drecords
06-25-2019, 06:48 AM
Well regardless, the Fords definitely work in TX. They seem to do pretty well on the east coast too. This is where the whole amateur racer spread of skill comes into play, I guarantee if Bryan's motor hadn't gone low on oil pressure he'd have been on the podium. Check out how nats went last year too, the big variable there was an out of class douche in a BMW racing himself while fast racers who'd gotten DQ'd were trying to reel back in. Based on how COTA went, I observed no dominant platform (IMHO). There were too many variables in that race to truly decide if one platform had an advantage over another, but that was at a very unusual track for CMC from what I could see. If we rewind to Hallett last year, Bryan did complain of his car fading late in the race, though I suspect Mosty's was too. It's hot as balls down there and driving style also plays a huge role as does the personality of the loose nut behind the wheel. I know by the time I'd cleared Al and Dan my car was friggin done, even the clutch started slipping in the final after John Martin had made his move that I somehow managed to hold off.

My car picked up a wicked push at about 25mins that really slowed me down. Idk if I missed tire pressure or something else was going on, pressures we're decent post race but it just wouldn't turn in anymore. But it didn't turn off for the whole race which I'll put in the Win column.

RichardP
06-25-2019, 07:34 AM
My car picked up a wicked push at about 25mins that really slowed me down. Idk if I missed tire pressure or something else was going on, pressures we're decent post race but it just wouldn't turn in anymore.

Something changed. It could be something on the car (knocked toe or slipped camber, etc.) but more than likely the push was there a bit all weekend and you just fried the fronts to cause an imbalance with the rears. See if there is a difference in tread depth front to rear. We've had it happen on the Orange car. That's why I'm so aggressive with changing car setup early in the weekend to suit the track conditions. Fresh tires fix all...

Richard P.

drecords
06-25-2019, 07:47 AM
Something changed. It could be something on the car (knocked toe or slipped camber, etc.) but more than likely the push was there a bit all weekend and you just fried the fronts to cause an imbalance with the rears. See if there is a difference in tread depth front to rear. We've had it happen on the Orange car. That's why I'm so aggressive with changing car setup early in the weekend to suit the track conditions. Fresh tires fix all...

Richard P.

You're right, just have to get a look at it and figure out what it was. Toe weekend to weekend is never consistent... probably time to change the tie rods....

Supercharged111
06-26-2019, 01:06 AM
You're right, just have to get a look at it and figure out what it was. Toe weekend to weekend is never consistent... probably time to change the tie rods....

Is camber and caster consistent? If so, you're onto something. If not, look to the tie rods. As said before, my car was hot garbage but held on just long enough which wasn't long after I got around you. In my experience, when my car develops a control issue part way through the race, generally so does everyone else's unless they're on stickers and I'm on garbage. I showed up with 3 HC tires Thursday, practiced Friday, and raced all weekend on them. I had stickers in the trailer, but didn't mount them. Based on how my race went on Sunday, I don't think mounting stickers would have changed anything. If the stickers stood a chance, I would have had to have held off you and dealt with Al very swiftly to keep up with the front-most pack. Because racing is more about lap times, this is not what happened and is what drives how we develop ourselves as racers. I really do wish I had more Bryans, Mostys, Sooks, and Janders here in CO because I could come to TX far more comprehensively prepared for what truly makes a person finish out front.

AI#97
06-27-2019, 09:13 AM

Keep in mind the 4th gens that routinely challenged and beat the mustangs aren't actively racing any longer in Texas. I'd like to change that sometime in the next year but other priorities are keeping me away from bringing Glenn's old car out and hopefully making a few of the guys at the front at least break a sweat. I would need a few weekends of testing in CMC trim (mostly brake package and weight changes) to get to know the RR and I just have not had the time. One thing about the car setup right now is it only fades in HOUR 5 to 6 of 8... 45 minutes should be a breeze. ;)

Supercharged111
06-28-2019, 12:23 AM
Keep in mind the 4th gens that routinely challenged and beat the mustangs aren't actively racing any longer in Texas. I'd like to change that sometime in the next year but other priorities are keeping me away from bringing Glenn's old car out and hopefully making a few of the guys at the front at least break a sweat. I would need a few weekends of testing in CMC trim (mostly brake package and weight changes) to get to know the RR and I just have not had the time. One thing about the car setup right now is it only fades in HOUR 5 to 6 of 8... 45 minutes should be a breeze. ;)

Yeah, I WANTED a spot on the podium myself this year and came up short on the racer side of the house. Can't guarantee an improvement on that next season, but I can guarantee efforts on said improvement on my racing program between now and then. We shall see how that shakes out and long live the LT1! To Hell with the cheater Fords! :p

michaelmosty
06-28-2019, 09:07 AM
Something I started doing this year after the Cresson event was make track notes for an entire lap with all details of brake markers, turn in, track out, gear selection, track placement, etc. About 1/2 way through the Cresson event I realized I was doing Ricochet totally wrong and with notes I can start next year where I left off this year. I also thought through some places where I will try some different gear selections at next years event.

Also good to do the same thing Saturday night to better prep the Sunday sessions.

Supercharged111
06-28-2019, 04:13 PM
Something I started doing this year after the Cresson event was make track notes for an entire lap with all details of brake markers, turn in, track out, gear selection, track placement, etc. About 1/2 way through the Cresson event I realized I was doing Ricochet totally wrong and with notes I can start next year where I left off this year. I also thought through some places where I will try some different gear selections at next years event.

Also good to do the same thing Saturday night to better prep the Sunday sessions.

I do the same in lieu of data. Pretty sure I figured out what you're doing in T1.

mach1
06-29-2019, 08:28 AM
Pretty sure I figured out what you're doing in T1.

Goin fast, real real fast!

Supercharged111
06-30-2019, 10:22 PM
Goin fast, real real fast!

Didn't say I'd be able to replicate it.

Sook
07-02-2019, 10:30 AM
Sorry for the super late video post, finally got the onboard video up!

Here's the whole race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19Dq7dHNcY&feature=youtu.be

Here's the clip that everyone cares about!

https://youtu.be/w19Dq7dHNcY?t=2006

- Josh

centerville
07-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Thanks for posting Josh.

Fbody383
07-03-2019, 07:00 AM
Nice driving guys.

Supercharged111
07-04-2019, 08:51 AM
Sorry for the super late video post, finally got the onboard video up!

Here's the whole race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19Dq7dHNcY&feature=youtu.be

Here's the clip that everyone cares about!

https://youtu.be/w19Dq7dHNcY?t=2006

- Josh

Well I don't feel alone now that I see someone else missed a gear on the last lap and got passed.

marshall_mosty
07-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Well I don't feel alone now that I see someone else missed a gear on the last lap and got passed.

It wasn’t a missed shift. Michael’s car will bog/gurgle on its 2/3 shifts sometimes...
We still don’t know why.

Supercharged111
07-05-2019, 09:35 AM
It wasn’t a missed shift. Michael’s car will bog/gurgle on its 2/3 shifts sometimes...
We still don’t know why.

My car would hiccup on right handers, did it for years. Was the damn Memcal chip wiggling out. Records' car had a shitty TFI connector, Perry had a bad coil connector. Never ever does it on the 1-2?

drecords
07-05-2019, 10:26 AM
My car would hiccup on right handers, did it for years. Was the damn Memcal chip wiggling out. Records' car had a shitty TFI connector, Perry had a bad coil connector. Never ever does it on the 1-2?

For the record, the TFI connector on my car plagued it for several seasons and turned off in lefts. Frustrating and was hard to find, hopefully now it'll keep running and take away a great excuse for poor performance...