PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Weight Scale

centerville
07-19-2019, 11:13 PM
Anyone in DFW have one I can borrow? Or one you could bring to TMS for me to check. With the new trailer I need to see where I am at. TIA

drecords
07-20-2019, 02:13 PM
Run across truck stop scales unloaded, then run across them with the trailer and see?

centerville
07-20-2019, 08:36 PM
But that wont give me the tongue weight. I have a feeling I am going to have to play with where the car sets in the trailer to get things right, =time. Maybe I just need to buy one they are $125. Thanks for making me think a little more.

drecords
07-21-2019, 01:23 PM
But that wont give me the tongue weight. I have a feeling I am going to have to play with where the car sets in the trailer to get things right, =time. Maybe I just need to buy one they are $125. Thanks for making me think a little more.

I thought they could give you per axle so you could back into the tongue weight, wont be as good as the tongue weight scale tho...I need to weigh my rig. Curious what it actually is.

Pranav
07-21-2019, 10:29 PM
If it helps I will rent your scale for $25.

Pretty sure I'm way over 1k on mine. 8 wheels/tires, 6-8 fuel jugs, and two toolboxes full of parts

marshall_mosty
07-22-2019, 12:07 PM
Michael can bring scales to TMS.

centerville
07-23-2019, 09:17 PM
$20 and you have a deal. I figure it will take me a day to get the weight where I need it. I will be done with it by TMS so you can take it from there. If anyone else wants to borrow it for an extended time after Pranav just let me know.

BryanL
07-25-2019, 02:53 PM
Pranav-you don't have one of these?

https://www.etrailer.com/Tools/Haul-Gauge/HG103.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=etrailer&utm_content=190724-T-HaulGauge-feat

Pranav
07-25-2019, 05:00 PM
This is the first time seeing that.

So it gets base calibration data on running around empty then shows me what it thinks I have in weight after I hookup and run aruond for a while?

Seems neat but error prone.

They also make tow balls with integrated scales but I don't think it will fit in my WDH hitch. Honestly measuring my tongue weight does me no good with my setup, as I don't have room to move anything around. Best I can do is just not fill up the fuel jugs until right before my destination. Hard to do when I get such a good price on 93 here next to the house vs up north/west away from the refineries.