PDA

View Full Version : Enduro- ???

Trublu
08-31-2019, 06:36 PM
So was looking at the schedule and was reminded next weekend is the enduro. Aside from zero prep there also seems to be zero ways to enter......did I miss something???

Fbody383
08-31-2019, 07:48 PM
Cancelled.

https://nasatx.com/schedule/

Or... postponed to next year.

Trublu
08-31-2019, 08:10 PM
I’ll belay my excitement then

Fbody383
09-01-2019, 07:53 AM
I can use the time. But it was a good marker to get the car back together... this year.

AI#97
09-09-2019, 02:08 PM
CMC cars do OK in WRL in GP2 if you ballast up a bit. We have run our Camaro twice now at COTA and at Road America with decent success. Awesome enduro bang for the dollar with two 8 hour races in a weekend and you can get away with one set of tires per weekend which is great. In fact, the set of tires we have can probably do another 16 hour event.

You guys looking for enduro kicks should look into it. Great fun with 4 drivers!

AllZWay
09-09-2019, 04:42 PM
CMC cars do OK in WRL in GP2 if you ballast up a bit. We have run our Camaro twice now at COTA and at Road America with decent success. Awesome enduro bang for the dollar with two 8 hour races in a weekend and you can get away with one set of tires per weekend which is great. In fact, the set of tires we have can probably do another 16 hour event.

You guys looking for enduro kicks should look into it. Great fun with 4 drivers!

Yep.. these are fun events and plenty of driving time. A quite of bit different than 20-40 minute sprint races with cars all roughly the same speed. Driving for 2-3 hours at a time and passing ton of cars slower, getting passed by cars WAY faster and then racing with those roughly the same speed makes for tons of action.

Fbody383
09-09-2019, 06:11 PM
I had a blast doing a 4hr once. I need to look at the WRL calendar.

AI#97
09-09-2019, 08:31 PM
I had a blast doing a 4hr once. I need to look at the WRL calendar.

There is one at Hallett in late October and another at COTA in late November. Great variety of cool tracks all over the country.

Pranav
09-10-2019, 08:48 PM
My master plan is to "retire" the current CMC car as a softened up enduro car, and build my red chassis as the new CMC car in s couple years

Will be interested in dipping my toes into enduros with the current car when the opps come next year