PDA

View Full Version : Msrh

Trublu
12-31-2019, 12:17 PM
Any idea when we will be able to enter for this? Texas Region isn’t even an option on the ProRacing region event list

drecords
01-01-2020, 02:22 PM
Any idea when we will be able to enter for this? Texas Region isn’t even an option on the ProRacing region event list

Opens 1/2/2020 per the NASATX email about it.

Al Fernandez
01-03-2020, 10:31 AM
Registration is open!! I'm signed up :)

michaelmosty
01-06-2020, 07:25 PM
I just signed up as well, who else will be there?

Trublu
01-06-2020, 09:07 PM
I’ll be there just need to enter

ShadowBolt
01-07-2020, 09:04 AM
I hope to be there but I still have a lot to do in a small amount of time. I have to get medical and eye exam plus finish the car.

JJ

Pranav
01-07-2020, 12:31 PM
I'm out for both MSRs

Buying a house, setting up my garage, and re-tooling my whole operation, getting the bulk of my wedding planning & deposits done by March for my Feb 2021 wedding.

Sometimes you gotta take a step back to move forward, was starting to get burned out on not having my own garage and it was affecting my ability to show up prepared at events. April onwards I'm back!

Sook
01-07-2020, 12:37 PM
Planning on being there, doing major surgery on the body of the car so fingers crossed it works out.

- Josh

BryanL
01-07-2020, 02:06 PM
I'm out for both MSRs

Buying a house, setting up my garage, and re-tooling my whole operation, getting the bulk of my wedding planning & deposits done by March for my Feb 2021 wedding.

Sometimes you gotta take a step back to move forward, was starting to get burned out on not having my own garage and it was affecting my ability to show up prepared at events. April onwards I'm back!

Has anyone not told you once you get married you never take a step forward? You have 13 months left to blow it out man-then it's over. Understand not having the garage and car at home.

Supercharged111
01-08-2020, 12:29 AM
https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/vedybinis20gyvenimas14-5bbb4ae8ae0dc__700.jpg

Gerno
01-08-2020, 12:43 PM
I was hoping to try to get my Comp license in Houston so I could join the fun but seems it may be too much of a stretch. New engine setup has been full of complications and would still need a dyno, updated stickers and such.... Hoping I'll at least be there for the DE and in case someone needs a hand rebuilding a diff or anything between races...

blk96gt
01-08-2020, 12:55 PM
You can dyno at MSRH.

Gerno
01-08-2020, 01:01 PM
Ah.... good to know

RichardP
01-08-2020, 01:17 PM
dyno, updated stickers and such...

Don't need dyno or stickers to do comp school and get your license. Just safety stuff. A racing license is separate from having a car legal for a specific class...

Richard P.

Al Fernandez
01-09-2020, 01:20 AM
That is correct Richard, good clarification. I would add that having a non-compliant car is not a justification for missing track sessions with the group. We can always fun run, or seal the car and make provisions for later inspections/dyno, etc. etc. Give Michael or I a call if you want to chat specifics.

Fbody383
01-09-2020, 07:26 AM
Plan to be there with the 88 in the race group. Just need a physical...

If ONLY there was a doctor in the house.

BryanL
01-09-2020, 10:24 AM
You can contact MSRH to set an appoinmtment for the dyno or do it there during the weekend generally but there are lots doing the same thing with it the first event and having a dyno there so you don't have to spend a day taking your car to a local dyno.
Also there is a dyno at Cresson and they guys are great there.

Sook
01-13-2020, 12:45 PM
Registered.

michaelmosty
01-13-2020, 02:43 PM
Registered.

Nice!!
How is the body repair coming?

RichardP
01-13-2020, 03:19 PM
How is the body repair coming?

This is where he was at Saturday late afternoon...

Richard P.

Sook
01-13-2020, 05:02 PM
This is where he was at Saturday late afternoon...

Richard P.

Made it this far on Sunday, decently fitted but not attached.

Trublu
01-14-2020, 07:33 AM
At the party we talked about offering ride alongs for HPDE guys, who all has a passenger seat installed? Are you up for that?

KDawg, what’s the best way to work this into the HPDE program? Last session Saturday?

I’ve called around a number of past AI guys and hoping to see a couple sign up this week.

Trublu
01-14-2020, 07:37 AM
Forgot to mention I see Walter Reed signed up for comp school in a Mustang, anyone know him or anything about what series he plans to run?

I noticed Matt Engel signed up for ST4 in a Camaro, we’ve been trading a few messages and at the least he’d like to meet us all during the weekend.

BryanL
01-14-2020, 10:51 AM
Good points Craig. I looked at the HPDE list and saw several Mustang/Camaro guys. Need to invite them over or try to make sure someone introduces themselves. A suggestion is trying to have them pit near Thunder. I won't be at Houston but I'll add getting a passenger seat to the list for Cresson.

I go back to my first HPDE weekend and I rode in a Ford Focus and two C5/6 Vettes. One was an instructor the others were just DE4 guys. It was an eye opener and certainly helped set the hook. Also since I was in a 68 Camaro some of the AI/CMC guys talked to me about my car and their cars which was mainly Glenn which pulled me into the group.

Think I see a new name in CMC-Andrew Fisher-maybe I know him or the car but great to see and welcome.

Ian Carrillo Texas Region HPDE1 Ford Mustang 14
Kishan Agravat Texas Region HPDE1 Ford Mustang GT 94
glenn maleske Texas Region HPDE3 chev camaro 24
Thomas Albertson Texas Region HPDE3 Ford Mustang 508
Brad Taylor Texas Region HPDE3 Ford Shelby GT350 102

I have reached out to three CMC guys who haven't been racing about getting them back out, too.

Trublu
01-14-2020, 12:50 PM
Good points Craig. I looked at the HPDE list and saw several Mustang/Camaro guys. Need to invite them over or try to make sure someone introduces themselves. A suggestion is trying to have them pit near Thunder. I won't be at Houston but I'll add getting a passenger seat to the list for Cresson.

I go back to my first HPDE weekend and I rode in a Ford Focus and two C5/6 Vettes. One was an instructor the others were just DE4 guys. It was an eye opener and certainly helped set the hook. Also since I was in a 68 Camaro some of the AI/CMC guys talked to me about my car and their cars which was mainly Glenn which pulled me into the group.

Think I see a new name in CMC-Andrew Fisher-maybe I know him or the car but great to see and welcome.

Ian Carrillo Texas Region HPDE1 Ford Mustang 14
Kishan Agravat Texas Region HPDE1 Ford Mustang GT 94
glenn maleske Texas Region HPDE3 chev camaro 24
Thomas Albertson Texas Region HPDE3 Ford Mustang 508
Brad Taylor Texas Region HPDE3 Ford Shelby GT350 102

I have reached out to three CMC guys who haven't been racing about getting them back out, too.

Good stuff Bryan. I think we need big efforts all round in both AI and CMC this year, remember a 36 car field at Hallet????

Al Fernandez
01-22-2020, 01:23 PM
How can anyone forget the driver's meeting question about how we were going to resolve the fact that at the back of the pack you cant see the starter because youre around the corner and Glenn says "Qualify better"

AllZWay
01-23-2020, 09:19 AM
How can anyone forget the driver's meeting question about how we were going to resolve the fact that at the back of the pack you cant see the starter because youre around the corner and Glenn says "Qualify better"

:D Definitely a Glenn answer.