PDA

View Full Version : Msr-c

Trublu
02-13-2020, 02:27 PM
Guys,
What are your thoughts on following for MSR-C to attract prospects to AI/CMC:
1: Ask Will to announce/offer AI/CMC ride alongs for HPDE entrants at MSR-C?
2: Invite folks to bring a beer to our fire pit to learn more about AI/CMC?
3: Set up an evening walk through of an AI and a CMC car to explain the basic differences?
????

BryanL
02-14-2020, 08:36 AM
All great ideas. Mosty and I discussed options how to do this and other things we could do to help promote and provide guidance. I’ll have some other upcoming posts attempting to create an FAQ or guide on different topics to get started.

For cresson being at the De drivers meeting offering rides and specifically inviting any mustang Camaro drivers to come over and visit.

AI#97
02-14-2020, 11:13 AM
All great ideas. Mosty and I discussed options how to do this and other things we could do to help promote and provide guidance. I’ll have some other upcoming posts attempting to create an FAQ or guide on different topics to get started.

For cresson being at the De drivers meeting offering rides and specifically inviting any mustang Camaro drivers to come over and visit.

You might be better off focusing on the guys in S2000's, VW's, hondas or other "fringe" cars that are vastly expensive to modify to race and fall in the wide open ST classes where they get beat up by the heavy hitting corvettes and BMW's.

FYI...the guys in street 5th/6th gen camaros and S197/S550 mustangs will be matching or beating AI/CMC laptimes. Sitting right seat isn't going to be the thrill you think it will be. Sort of like preaching spec miata or SRF's to a C7 Corvette driver. Just sayin'.

Tilton
02-14-2020, 11:19 AM
1: Don't limit the idea of ride alongs to registered entrants, expand it to include corner workers. Throughout college I was a corner worker at TWS and some of my best memories were ride alongs at various events.

2: If anyone from the Thunder race group is instructing, it would be easy for them invite their students to hang around the AI/CMC pits (if they have the time). The energy after a race can be electrifying a would allow them to experience the camaraderie of AI/CMC, something that other groups may be lacking.

Jeff

michaelmosty
02-14-2020, 11:24 AM
I would think if an HPDE guy in their $20-40k street car realized he could go wheel-to-wheel racing in a car the same speed but cost under $10k, I would think that would be extremely enticing.

Extending the offer to everyone to try and either coordinate a ride or just to simply stop by the AI/CMC compound for a beer, would give the best chance to grown the car count.

Sook
02-14-2020, 01:25 PM
I've been touting AI/CMC to the HPDE guys. I took the #82 out in one of the HPDE 4 sessions, which was effective on conveying the level of speed we're getting from CMC cars.

I leave out the part about having to weld the car back together every weekend when introducing someone to the sport though.

- Josh

Supercharged111
02-14-2020, 01:34 PM
In 2018 they offered ride alongs in race cars one weekend and we went out and got with it. There was no 80 percent speed rule like in TT, we were door to door and I even gave a Spec 350Z a push start. Every person that got out of my car was beaming and it was the same for everyone else too. I don't know what the next result of that was, but it got a lot of people excited. You're not only trying to win them over to CMC, but the idea of W2W over time trialing their beloved street car that they're attached to and may not want to stop driving. Around here the tracks aren't long enough for a newer Camaro on street tires to really beat down our lap times. Often they're shocked at how fast these buckets get around a track when they experience it.

Sook
02-14-2020, 01:48 PM
You're not only trying to win them over to CMC, but the idea of W2W over time trialing their beloved street car that they're attached to and may not want to stop driving.

I settle for w2w conversions, more racers in general is better for the group. I also recommend most people start with a different car, rather than trying to convert their street car - which is already too modified to fit into a practical class most of the time.

- Josh

ShadowBolt
02-14-2020, 02:20 PM
I settle for w2w conversions, more racers in general is better for the group. I also recommend most people start with a different car, rather than trying to convert their street car - which is already too modified to fit into a practical class most of the time.

- Josh

Most of those modified street cars have all the money spent on go fast items and zero spent on brakes. I agree it would be easier to show them how fast a Hooptie can be.

JJ

Trublu
02-14-2020, 04:51 PM
I traded some texts with a new Houston based AI guy this morning. john Brainard. Sent him a link to the forum so please welcome him when he joins. Building an 89 Fox

CWiseman
02-14-2020, 06:04 PM
Make sure you point everyone of them toward the #99 car and remind them that a Texas Region racer gets a discount. And they can take it home with them after Eagles Canyon.

BryanL
02-17-2020, 10:10 AM
Last day to register before it goes up $50. I’ll be registering today.

What does a check ride really mean? I see several vette drivers doing a check ride but they are in de1/2?

BryanL
02-17-2020, 11:20 PM
Registered. Just cut a box open that’s seat mounts but it’s for a stock seat. Will have to move the cool suit to mount a seat. We’re we able to give any rides at Houston? Will they let us give rides at cresson?

Sook
02-18-2020, 12:51 AM
Last day to register before it goes up $50. I’ll be registering today.

What does a check ride really mean? I see several vette drivers doing a check ride but they are in de1/2?

They're trying to move up in HPDE groups.

Trublu
02-18-2020, 09:33 PM
Awesome to see best AI entries since 2018 for Cresson. Great to see Mark, Stuart and Corey back.

Al Fernandez
02-19-2020, 08:35 PM
Certainly more important to get people into w2w than any specific class. A hell ride is what convinced me to go all in, but at that point I had no clue what class.

BryanL
02-25-2020, 09:51 AM
Anyone doing tech inspections on Friday for our group? Anyone else coming-Al, Jander as directors? Hope MER can do a dyno cert like normal. I'll have some firewood.

MikeP99Z
02-25-2020, 10:26 AM
MER and GSpeed both have dynos at MSRC.

blk96gt
02-25-2020, 12:15 PM
Not going to make this one.

BryanL
02-25-2020, 02:41 PM
Not going to make this one.

Dude. I had planned to bring you some Jalsa.

Thanks Mike-didn't know GSpeed had one now too.

BryanL
02-27-2020, 02:43 PM
Good news. Al is going to make it. He is leaving Wuhan tomorrow and will be bringing us some special bbq.

Bad news MER is gone next weekend. Gspeed is $175 for a cert.

Sook
02-29-2020, 11:57 PM
Parking plan?

I'll probably be there on Thursday.

Trublu
03-01-2020, 09:53 AM
Parking plan?

I'll probably be there on Thursday.

Figure same as last year up near skid pad in front of the newish building. Be there late Thursday took

Trublu
03-01-2020, 08:00 PM
So there’s going to be another car in my trailer for Cresson and a surprise AI entry

Sook
03-02-2020, 11:00 AM
So there’s going to be another car in my trailer for Cresson and a surprise AI entry

Excellent AI field this weekend

drecords
03-02-2020, 02:55 PM
Planning to be late Thursday or early Friday.

BryanL
03-02-2020, 03:56 PM
So Records is running Yella Terra in AI? Cool. I'll be there Friday but too soon to have an idea when. I'm with Craig in front of the exotic rental car place again. Will have firewood just need to figure out if my son will be coming out for Sat night and sunday.
I'll just have an open trailer as don't have a stacker yet to bring the 48 at the same time.

Will we have anyone who can tech our cars without going to the regular tech line?

ShadowBolt
03-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Will we have anyone who can tech our cars without going to the regular tech line?

I hope so.

Jerry

Sook
03-02-2020, 05:24 PM
I hope so.

Jerry

Thirded.

smitty328
03-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Fourthed

michaelmosty
03-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Not sure when Marshall will be getting there to help with tech and unfortunately I won’t be able to make this one due to one of Raegan’s friends wedding she is in.
Please bring your CMC dyno forms and Marshall will be coordinating Tech throughout the weekend. I’ll miss the racing and hanging out with everyone!!

michaelmosty
03-03-2020, 02:49 PM
Toyo decal update:

Toyo officially made the update to the CMC Mustangs and Camaro's to have the rear decal be on the back edge of the decklid as detailed on the nasaforums website. I asked for clarification for the SN95 and SN95 Mustangs because this would put the decal over the center brake light. Aldrin, who handles the NASA contingencies, has given the OK to have the rear Toyo Tire decal be in the middle of the rear bumper so it does not have any issues with the center brake light or rear spoiler attachment points.

Also, Toyo has not announced the official 2020 contingencies yet so we will get caught up with all contingencies for both MSRH and MSRC when available.

Everyone please remember to take pictures of all 4 sides of your cars prior to the first race at Cresson.

Sook
03-03-2020, 03:52 PM
Toyo decal update:

Toyo officially made the update to the CMC Mustangs and Camaro's to have the rear decal be on the back edge of the decklid as detailed on the nasaforums website. I asked for clarification for the SN95 and SN95 Mustangs because this would put the decal over the center brake light. Aldrin, who handles the NASA contingencies, has given the OK to have the rear Toyo Tire decal be in the middle of the rear bumper so it does not have any issues with the center brake light or rear spoiler attachment points.

Also, Toyo has not announced the official 2020 contingencies yet so we will get caught up with all contingencies for both MSRH and MSRC when available.

Everyone please remember to take pictures of all 4 sides of your cars prior to the first race at Cresson.

Thanks for figuring this all out!

Supercharged111
03-03-2020, 10:02 PM
Can someone post a pic of a rear SN95 Toyo sticker that they let fly? I have a couple cars that will require this Intel.

BryanL
03-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Good to hear Marshall is coming-if you can let us know if we can get Teched Friday night with you that would be awesome.

Phone weather shows Cresson has already had an inch of rain and it's going to rain all day. Please park all the big rig toters and buses off the pavement so we have room for cars on pavement.

We need to bring back manties for the secret AI car/driver.

Decal placement link - https://community.drivenasa.com/topic/56715-2020-toyo-tires-contingency-program-decal-guidelines-spec-tire-classes-only/

Pictures need to be taken at the track with the Geo tracker.

Gerno
03-04-2020, 03:53 PM
I’m planning to be there mid to late Friday afternoon. Only DE this weekend for me but I’ll try to park by you guys if there’s space

Steve

Trublu
03-04-2020, 04:26 PM
I submitted mine for MSRH and went straight to on hold with Toyo as they are submitted after the 30 day window. Called ToyoBucks and they said this should be resolved no issue. Recommend getting your claims in now the 2020 contingency is available

Al Fernandez
03-05-2020, 08:39 AM
You guys have fun this weekend and make sure your cameras are on so we can get more videos on the YouTube channel!!

drecords
03-05-2020, 11:25 PM
Finally off shift work — Leaving Houston at the buttcrack of dawn. See y’all tomorrow morning!