PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!!!

smitty328
04-27-2020, 07:48 PM
Hallett is already canceled!? Isn't it a little early for that!

ShadowBolt
04-28-2020, 07:14 AM
Hallett is already canceled!? Isn't it a little early for that!

Connie called me last night in tears. It's still six weeks out but we have to cancel?

Jerry

64GunPilot
04-28-2020, 07:18 AM
Can it be post poned / rescheduled??

ShadowBolt
04-28-2020, 07:54 AM
Can it be post poned / rescheduled??

People are working on getting us some kind of an even at Hallett that weekend.

Jerry

smitty328
04-28-2020, 09:08 AM
Yesterday on the NASA TX FB page, there was a post that implied NASA was working on rescheduling the TMS event on the Hallett date. I asked if that's what they meant and now both posts are gone. That would be such BS if that's true.

BryanL
04-28-2020, 09:23 AM
My dad told me Ardmore Dragway in OK is having a big money drag race this weekend and expecting 500-800 cars. http://www.ardmoreraceway.com/

Hallett runs there own racing series with an event the following weekend. $310 for both days or $450 for three days. $50 annual membership. From their rulebook shows an open wheel and closed wheel group but, "Other car classes can be created or combined as car count warrants." http://www.hallettracing.net/events/comma/

ShadowBolt
04-28-2020, 09:34 AM
Rene was going to talk to the NASA Central guys about making it their event. TDE is running three events in May. If we can run a race at TMS we can run Hallett. I texted Will last night about maybe giving us one week to sign up for Hallett and if not enough pay just cancel. No answer. This is about moving the event I'm afraid.

Jerry

ShadowBolt
04-28-2020, 10:08 AM
Connie may just run the event under COMA.
Not sure how the classes work but I hope we can do something. The NASA Central has an event at Topeka the week before. Sucks! There is a lot more to this than we are being told by NASA. I don't know what but something.

JJ

Pranav
04-28-2020, 10:28 AM
Yesterday on the NASA TX FB page, there was a post that implied NASA was working on rescheduling the TMS event on the Hallett date. I asked if that's what they meant and now both posts are gone. That would be such BS if that's true.

I saw that comment and don't think that was the case for the first

We are expecting a new event on the june 25th and August 21.

I too am disappointed that Hallett was cancelled instead of postponed.

There must be more to the story as giving up an event like Hallett is a big deal

Maybe our contract with TMS or ECR or other venues couldn't allow a cancellation while Hallett could?

ShadowBolt
04-28-2020, 10:33 AM
I know I'm hoping we can race (wherever) in August in Texas!

AllZWay
04-28-2020, 01:45 PM
My dad told me Ardmore Dragway in OK is having a big money drag race this weekend and expecting 500-800 cars. http://www.ardmoreraceway.com/

Hallett runs there own racing series with an event the following weekend. $310 for both days or $450 for three days. $50 annual membership. From their rulebook shows an open wheel and closed wheel group but, "Other car classes can be created or combined as car count warrants." http://www.hallettracing.net/events/comma/

Ardmore's dirt track is also open this weekend. I saw that Kenny Schrader is going to be there racing his modified.

AllZWay
04-28-2020, 01:47 PM
I know I'm hoping we can race (wherever) in August in Texas!

You know Jerry is serious if he is ASKING to race in August. :D

ShadowBolt
04-28-2020, 02:05 PM
You know Jerry is serious if he is ASKING to race in August. :D

Tongue was firmly planted in cheek

ShadowBolt
04-28-2020, 02:17 PM
I certainly have no idea how many would show up at Hallett for a race in 39 days but I don't see how NASA Texas could know either. Were any of you polled to see if you were going? This is a business and a business needs to make money. Every AI/CMC racer I know was planning on going. I know that is not near enough....I wish we had an option. At 62 years old I have no idea how many Hallett weekends of racing I have left. None of us do but I have less than the rest of you and it sucks to lose this year.

JJ

michaelmosty
04-28-2020, 05:04 PM
Man, I was looking forward to having Hallett be the kickoff to get back to racing after all this Covid-19 junk. It is always such a special event with such an awesome time having everyone camp at the track with great food, great racing, and great friends!! It is definitely my favorite event of the year.

ShadowBolt
04-29-2020, 09:53 PM
Dylan,

Can you make it if we have an event at Hallett the same weekend?

JJ

64GunPilot
04-30-2020, 05:11 AM
Dylan,

Can you make it if we have an event at Hallett the same weekend?

JJ

I probably won't be home until the mid July. I had already given up on Hallett, but if it were postponed to say August, it brings it into the realm of possibility. My car will need a lot of prep work, and I will still be in DE3 working on a comp license. But I hope Hallett happens for all you guys. I look forward to watching the videos....both on and off the track :)

68 days...…...