PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Hallett Extravaganza - Dining Plan

Fbody383
05-25-2020, 06:38 PM
Woo hoo... it's Hallett! Looks like the 15 and 39a (still badged as the 88) will be doing some cooking.

Early thoughts are pretty standard fare:

- Fri: maybe some pulled pork? Have smoker will cook
- Sat: brisket for dinner and, if there's reasonable interest, Midnight Ribstm.

So normal questions: sides, paper goods, plates, utensils, deserts, drinks, bread, buffalo chicken dip, jalapeno poppers, beans, cheesy taters, etc. If somebody has room and a giant spare cooler, there's bulk ice not far up the road.

If there's something you know you would like to bring, post it/text and I'll add to the list. Cash is worth bringing but we need to know up front to fill any holes in supplies.

Questions/comments/suggestions? Let 'er rip, tater chip.

UPDATE 1: We are thinking about doing a pork butt for Friday evening. We have secured brisket for Saturday. Y'all are in for Midnight Ribstm? Good news is we won't need as many...

UPDATE 2: Bulk Ice - Twice The Ice / 221 S Broadway St, Cleveland, OK 74020

The Who's Bringing What To Hallett 2020 List
OIF - smokers / pork butt? / brisket / ribs / ancillaries
Martins - Famous potatoes and hericot vert (see, we're classy up in this joint)
Lienart - pending sides/desserts (cookies for the cooks)
Mr. Reed - newly famous meatball appetizers / paper plates (for 50? and feel free to take leftovers home)
Trublu Crew - jalapeno poppers
Records Crew - ribs / chips / dips / salsa
Creamcicle - popper dip
Liebbe - "stuff" / that we'll use or he can take home
RPMcFall - coleslaw, onions, and pickled jalapeños

martinsntx
05-26-2020, 09:14 PM
We'll bring Angie's famous potatoes and a green bean dish!

BryanL
05-27-2020, 08:48 AM
Love it! For headcount it will be me and my 9 year old who likes bbq so I'll bring cash to help pay for the meats. I'll discuss some sides/desserts and let you know to add to the list.

Is the bulk ice north of the track I assume?

Rusty Reed
05-27-2020, 09:35 AM
We will bring Carol's newly famous meatballs (appetizer) & potato salad. We can bring whatever else is needed-paper plates, etc-just let me know what & how much. We will bring cash for the meats as well.

Fbody383
05-27-2020, 12:21 PM
Is the bulk ice north of the track I assume? I'll double check with my OK buddy. It's nice being able to go get 20# or 40# bulk...

drecords
05-27-2020, 12:55 PM
Do we need an extra smoker? Can throw mine in the trailer. Records will bring a couple racks of ribs and chips/salsa and chips/dips.

Trublu
05-27-2020, 01:47 PM
Woo hoo... it's Hallett! Looks like the 15 and 39a (still badged as the 88) will be doing some cooking.

Early thoughts are pretty standard fare:

- Fri: maybe some pulled pork? Have smoker will cook
- Sat: brisket for dinner and, if there's reasonable interest, Midnight Ribstm.

So normal questions: sides, paper goods, plates, utensils, deserts, drinks, bread, buffalo chicken dip, jalapeno poppers, beans, cheesy taters, etc. If somebody has room and a giant spare cooler, there's bulk ice not far up the road.

If there's something you know you would like to bring, post it/text and I'll add to the list. Cash is worth bringing but we need to know up front to fill any holes in supplies.

Questions/comments/suggestions? Let 'er rip, tater chip.

UPDATE 1: We are thinking about doing a pork butt for Friday evening. We have secured brisket for Saturday. Y'all are in for Midnight Ribstm? Good news is we won't need as many...

The Who's Bringing What To Hallett 2020 List
OIF - smokers / pork butt? / brisket / ribs / ancillaries
Martins - Famous potatoes and hericot vert (see, we're classy up in this joint)
Lienart - pending sides/desserts (cookies for the cooks)
Mr. Reed - newly famous meatball appetizers / paper plates (for 50? and feel free to take leftovers home)

We will have Jalapeño poppers and some cash

Storm Trooper
05-29-2020, 08:07 PM
We will have a keurig at Race port 14 if anybody wants to come have coffee in the mornings. we will be bringing a variety of flavors :-)
But if you’re so inclined bring your own flavor to share :-)

Crumpacker
05-29-2020, 11:06 PM
We’ll bring Darcie’s Popper Dip and Cash to cover the glorious meat.

We’re bringing kids and a couple crew/friends. Former Scoots crew.. one of which wrecked his scooter at Hallett simply trying to get to the motocross track a couple years ago. He was razzed by Connie and Rescue while they patched him up (with a beer in their free hand).

Fbody383
05-31-2020, 08:17 AM
Do we need an extra smoker? I don't think so. I figure we'll 6 racks or so for midnight and Sean's bringing the bigger smoker.

Rob Liebbe
06-02-2020, 02:42 PM
I will bring something, and cash, I don't know what I'll bring and am open to suggestions. I'm not bringing the RV so cooling is a bit limited until I get there. Happy to bring a to of plates chips etc.

RPMcFall
06-02-2020, 09:39 PM
We’ll bring coleslaw, onions, and pickled jalapeños. Also cash for meats. Anything specific I should also bring?

Fbody383
06-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Woo hoo... it's Hallett!

Don't forget your in-car cameras.

OIF will be rolling in Thursday afternoon and setting up after they let us in at 5:00pm.

Saturday dinner is the "usual" at this point - we'll do brisket/sides/fixins for dinner and Midnight Ribstm oh, I don't know... around midnight.

Friday we'll circle the wagons and figure out if we're missing anything that we really want. If you look in the first post there's a bulk ice machine, in Cleveland, listed for those with greater cooling needs.

Comments, questions?

Drive safe.

Fbody383
06-03-2020, 03:54 PM
Anything specific I should also bring? Open mind... no TELLIN what could happen with brisket. I think we're pretty well set and can address shortfalls on Friday.