PDA

View Full Version : ECR Dec 5th weekend!!

michaelmosty
10-09-2020, 09:55 AM
Saw we have a new final event of 2020 at ECR December 5-6. The new track is as smooth as glass and the new configuration gives some exciting challenges that makes it one of the most fun tracks we run. Also the early December weather will be much more comfortable than the August heat.

I’m signing up now, who else is planning to attend?

The entry list is growing well, don’t miss this last event of the year with some cool weather and some great racing!!

CMC
Michael Mosty
Daniel Records
Steven Gernon
Bryan Curtis
Team Jordan
Ryan McFall
Matt White
John Martin
Bryan Leinart

AI
Rusty Reed
Samuel Capps

ShadowBolt
10-09-2020, 01:45 PM
If I can get my new T2R in by then I will be there. It is supposed to be here by mid Oct.

JJ

BryanL
10-09-2020, 03:42 PM
I'm in and looking forward to it.

Fbody383
10-11-2020, 05:32 PM
I'm planning on it... may or may not have full power and good tires. That place is a blast though. Perfect weather for a small cooking fire...

drecords
10-11-2020, 05:32 PM
I’m in!

rleng1
10-13-2020, 05:19 PM
���� Who wants to see Ol’ English run?

drecords
10-13-2020, 09:55 PM

*raises hand*

You’re due for a donut :D

rleng1
10-14-2020, 09:28 AM
Yep, as if Dustin doesn’t hand out enough of those up here.
We had 11 CMC cars at our event at hpr this last weekend. It was great.how to see y’all soon.

Supercharged111
10-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Yep, as if Dustin doesn’t hand out enough of those up here.
We had 11 CMC cars at our event at hpr this last weekend. It was great.how to see y’all soon.

Hey now, I wasn't the only one out there giving it the business.

Wade
10-15-2020, 11:12 AM
I'm planning to come run in HPDE in my street car. I have a few things to wrap up on the tubular K-member install.

Fbody383
10-15-2020, 06:17 PM
I'm planning to come run... That's awesome. Will be great to see you guys.

AI#97
10-25-2020, 01:23 PM

I'd be in for that now that I figured out why the knock sensor was clickering out like a tweaker on meth. Amazing what the ecu pulling 20 degrees of timing will do.

If we fail to get into the WRL event from the waiting list, I might have to throw the little brakes and tires on "Glenn" and come join you hosers for an end of year run before I put the official for sale sign on it.

Wade
10-27-2020, 08:41 AM
Who has Will's cell phone or preferably some other person I can contact about registration? I paid for the April event so I have a credit and I want to use that for the December event. I emailed texas@drivenasa.com on 10/19/20 and will@drivenasa.com on 10/26/20 and have not heard back. I don't want to pay again and hope for a refund. I called the number on the NASA registration website and it went to voicemail. Thanks.

Wade
10-27-2020, 12:51 PM
Heard back from Will. Registered. I will try to talk Wendi and Logan into coming with me. I know that is who y'all really want to see :-p

michaelmosty
11-02-2020, 06:31 PM
That is awesome, will be great to see you Wade!!!

Matt, bring out the CMC car, will be great to get to race with you again!!

Who else is thinking of coming out for this one?

Wade
11-02-2020, 08:32 PM
Sticker NT01's mounted. Still need an alignment. Can I use my old CMC helmet? I think it is SA2005 :-/

AI#97
11-05-2020, 10:40 AM
That is awesome, will be great to see you Wade!!!

Matt, bring out the CMC car, will be great to get to race with you again!!

Who else is thinking of coming out for this one?

I'm working on it. I need to "De-WRL" the car a bit and take the big brakes off the front and hopefully get some weight out of the car as it runs pretty heavy for WRL. Might need some series stickers and such to be 100% and all but since it is just one race weekend at the end of the year I doubt anybody will really care too much. Jerry Jordan gave me some of his old RR's last year so I'm sure they are perfect for the back of the pack sliding sideways with plenty of locked up tire smoke screens since AI drivers don't know how to drive without ABS! LOL! Guess I should practice a standing start as I haven't done one since maybe 2008!

I too need to contact Will as he owes us a bunch in work/drive entry.

michaelmosty
11-05-2020, 02:29 PM
Matt, what brakes do you currently have on the front?

AI#97
11-06-2020, 06:12 PM
Matt, what brakes do you currently have on the front?

It is a wilwood hybrid kit I put together that uses a $250 wilwood caliper, an off the shelf wilwood bracket and C6Z06 14" rotors so we run 18x10.5 z06 wheels square with the 285 or 315 200TW street tires for the enduro events. is a GREAT combo for those events and pads last a REALLY long time. DBA rotors are $100 ea and are BEEFY! Have right at a grand in the whole kit.

I still have the 13" stoptech kit that came on the car and just need to install that. Takes about an hour but have to get the car out of the trailer and play car tetris in the shop which can be a PITA. I think I have pads for that caliper laying around but I'm trying to get rid of all the Stoptech stuff due to pad cost/life. The wilwood pads are 20mm thick and raybestos pads are $153 shipped. The stoptech plate is way thinner and for some reason is $246 plus shipping. Crazytowns...and don't know why. At some point, all of our cars will have the same wilwood caliper on them and use the same pads so life will be AWE SOME!

Now, if NasaTX would just respond to emails....

Supercharged111
11-07-2020, 11:56 AM
Sticker NT01's mounted. Still need an alignment. Can I use my old CMC helmet? I think it is SA2005 :-/

I'm confused Wade, Daniel Records has your old car. You get a new one?

drecords
11-09-2020, 04:34 PM
I'm confused Wade, Daniel Records has your old car. You get a new one?

One does not simply own a single Foxbody

Supercharged111
11-09-2020, 05:01 PM
One does not simply own a single Foxbody

Good point. Multiple cars are the only way to keep a Ford on track at least half the time.

Wade
11-10-2020, 09:38 AM
I'll be DE'ing my "weekend" car. I've put about 3,100 miles on it since 2008 with most of those being TWS track days leading up to when I ran CMC from 2009-2015. It has an MM torque arm, MM K-Member, and Cobra brakes. Fun little ride with 215 HP! Y'all don't judge, it was recently totalled in a hail storm. First 10 days out of the garage in 10 years and BOOM. Very sad! I'll pretend they are speed dents, like a golf ball.

LOL @Daniel. He's right you know. I have two other parts cars as well.

drecords
11-10-2020, 10:12 PM
I'll be DE'ing my "weekend" car. I've put about 3,100 miles on it since 2008 with most of those being TWS track days leading up to when I ran CMC from 2009-2015. It has an MM torque arm, MM K-Member, and Cobra brakes. Fun little ride with 215 HP! Y'all don't judge, it was recently totalled in a hail storm. First 10 days out of the garage in 10 years and BOOM. Very sad! I'll pretend they are speed dents, like a golf ball.

LOL @Daniel. He's right you know. I have two other parts cars as well.

I’m actually low key proud I only own one. 🤣

michaelmosty
11-13-2020, 08:16 PM
I updated the initial post to include the registration list, who else is thinking of joining?

Fbody383
11-15-2020, 04:09 PM
I'm planning on it... just need to come to grips with the price. And skip tech so they don't throw a fit about a crack in the windshield.

ShadowBolt
11-16-2020, 08:46 AM
I'm planning on it... just need to come to grips with the price. And skip tech so they don't throw a fit about a crack in the windshield.

I'm with you. $500.00 for Sat. and Sun. then another $200.00 for Friday! The price of racing is getting out of my league. I will have to learn the track during warm-up and Jay will have to learn it in Qual.

JJ

AllZWay
11-16-2020, 03:26 PM
When you guys get a racing schedule, will you post it? I am going to try to come watch. Do I need to be someone's crew to get in?

AI#97
11-17-2020, 01:38 PM
Where are you guys buying RR's? Seems going rate is 286ea but figured I would ask before throwing down for a fresh set. the two used sets I got are essentially equal to 4 year old sun dried raisins after a recent thumnail durometer comparison. I hate to buy a set of tires for one race weekend but unless I want to see everyone just disappear over the horizon i'm gonna need something that can actually leave a mark on the paving.

Thanks,

AI#97
11-17-2020, 01:40 PM
I'm with you. $500.00 for Sat. and Sun. then another $200.00 for Friday! The price of racing is getting out of my league. I will have to learn the track during warm-up and Jay will have to learn it in Qual.

JJ

Track is really dangerous! you need to drive really slow! ;)

AI#97
11-17-2020, 01:46 PM
When you guys get a racing schedule, will you post it? I am going to try to come watch. Do I need to be someone's crew to get in?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fKm8wZuWf-eVQetSeQHGUOb7wpZYvxZP/view?usp=sharing

michaelmosty
11-18-2020, 08:28 AM
I have been getting mine from Phil’s and the $286 is pretty much the standard price for them.

michaelmosty
11-18-2020, 08:30 AM
Dave, I thought you got the windshield fixed with a nice piece of clear tape, haha. It will be great to have you out there!!

michaelmosty
11-18-2020, 08:33 AM

JJ
Yeah, I’m guessing the extra $100 in entry fee is to help cover the new track paving, it really is super nice!! I wouldn’t worry about the Friday practice, the old portion of the track comes back to memory very quickly and we can talk you through the few corners on the new section to get you up to speed.

michaelmosty
11-18-2020, 08:42 AM
Updated entry list to include John and Bryan which now has us at 9 in CMC and 2 in AI.

AllZWay
11-18-2020, 08:57 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fKm8wZuWf-eVQetSeQHGUOb7wpZYvxZP/view?usp=sharing

Thanks Matt.. I'll try to make it out on Saturday.

ShadowBolt
11-18-2020, 02:41 PM
Anyone needing a new set of sway bar end-links and bushings? I just screwed up and ordered two sets so I have one extra. I can bring it to ECR if anyone needs it. $30.00. https://lmr.com/item/PT-19408BL/mustang-prothane-front-sway-bar-end-links-lowered-94-04

JJ

Fbody383
11-20-2020, 12:32 PM
I'm still planning/thinking on being there with my windshield tape...

AI#97
11-27-2020, 02:01 PM
I'm still planning/thinking on being there with my windshield tape...

That repair liquid that fills cracks makes them nearly disappear. If the worry is "distraction" a single crack can't be any worse than the defroster I have on my windshield...LOL!

marshall_mosty
12-01-2020, 11:14 AM
I know it's not AI/CMC, but I will be getting back behind the wheel of the #21 LeMons Corolla this weekend! My oldest son, Gavin, will be using it for HPDE 1/2 and I'm going to thrash it in HPDE 3/4 and eventually next year hopefully run it in ST6 with you guys.

AI#97
12-01-2020, 11:53 PM
I know it's not AI/CMC, but I will be getting back behind the wheel of the #21 LeMons Corolla this weekend! My oldest son, Gavin, will be using it for HPDE 1/2 and I'm going to thrash it in HPDE 3/4 and eventually next year hopefully run it in ST6 with you guys.

HOLY FAWK! That think is still alive?! LOL! That thing has both good and bad memories! Belagio Fountain impressions were the best though!

Wade
12-02-2020, 11:15 AM
See you in HPDE Marshall!

marshall_mosty
12-02-2020, 12:42 PM
HOLY FAWK! That think is still alive?! LOL! That thing has both good and bad memories! Belagio Fountain impressions were the best though!
It needed some "love" to get back alive.

- Drain 10 year old fuel/refill
- New brake hoses
- New master cylinder
- New clutch slave cylinder
- Distributor rebuild
- Spark plugs
- Oil change
- Battery
- Move old seat to the passenger side and install my race seat in the driver's side
- Weld in new harness bar for passenger side
- Transponder
- Relocate driver's cutoff switch
- Relocate fire extinguisher

Lots of fun so far!! Excited to see what 10+ year old Dunlops feel like on the track... <sigh>

39PitCrew
12-03-2020, 10:33 AM
Lots of fun so far!! Excited to see what 10+ year old Dunlops feel like on the track... <sigh>

https://i.gifer.com/1W6h.gif

CWiseman
12-07-2020, 09:53 AM
Someone please do a write-up for the weekend. There is only so much we can presume from looking at Racehero.

Gerno
12-07-2020, 09:57 AM
Hey guys - first wanted to say it was a killer weekend, had a blast and learned a lot from all of ya'll. Working to get some video of all the Duke's of Hazard events that transpired.

On a not so positive note.... My sister (who lives at my house in Austin) told me this morning there is a positive COVID case at her office and she started feeling sick yesterday. She's getting tested tomorrow and I'll go ahead and get tested too just in case. I haven't seen her since mid last week due to the event and I feel perfectly fine..except still being pissed I screwed up the last race...but wanted to let everyone know right away just in case. I don't have most people's cell so I'll update again later when I know more.

AI#97
12-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Someone please do a write-up for the weekend. There is only so much we can presume from looking at Racehero.

Cold. Chaos. Craziness. Awesomeness. Highlight reel all of it's own. Rain? That wasn't supposed to happen! Mud? Cones on track? Did I turn that heater on? I lost 9lbs of body weight this weekend.....and oh yeah, Toyos suck.

Gerno
12-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Hey guys - first wanted to say it was a killer weekend, had a blast and learned a lot from all of ya'll. Working to get some video of all the Duke's of Hazard events that transpired.

On a not so positive note.... My sister (who lives at my house in Austin) told me this morning there is a positive COVID case at her office and she started feeling sick yesterday. She's getting tested tomorrow and I'll go ahead and get tested too just in case. I haven't seen her since mid last week due to the event and I feel perfectly fine..except still being pissed I screwed up the last race...but wanted to let everyone know right away just in case. I don't have most people's cell so I'll update again later when I know more.

COVID results came back negative for me today so nothing to
Be concerned about