PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Nationals at Daytona

t500hps
03-15-2021, 09:11 PM
Anyone going?

A group of 5 from Mid Atlantic just reserved RV camping spots 34-40 to split up. Love to have other CMC'ers paddock with/near us.

If it matters, we only have 1 driver that has ever driven there before and he's not likely to be competitive anyway! LOL

Russ C.
CMC 720

BADVENM
03-15-2021, 10:59 PM
Team Incidental Contact is going. 1 car for sure, maybe 2. Havent figured out where we're parking, probably in the green or red open areas.

Gerno
03-16-2021, 09:07 AM
I'm considering making the trip out there if I can get my car better sorted/consistent and stop burning up my tires.

ShadowBolt
03-16-2021, 10:03 AM
I'm considering making the trip out there if I can get my car better sorted/consistent and stop burning up my tires.

Go slower Steve. Your tires will last a long time.

JJ

Gerno
03-16-2021, 11:23 AM
Go slower Steve. Your tires will last a long time.

JJ

Great idea, I'll practice that at ECR next month for sure...

t500hps
05-01-2021, 11:09 AM
9 cars signed up so far. A group of us from Mid Atlantic are camping up against the lake. I know of at least 2 more that are coming but haven't signed up......plus 3-4 others that are "maybes". It's about 750-900 miles for our group. Anyone else planning the trip?

Fbody383
05-01-2021, 06:05 PM
9 cars signed up so far. Nice!

Sook
06-08-2021, 02:36 PM
Looks like 11 in CMC, 22 AI, 13 Spec Iron (awesome), and 4 AIX so far. I'm considering making the haul, anyone else from TX?

I see Bob Denton, and Team Incidental Contact are registered.

- Josh

Den34
06-08-2021, 04:29 PM
You should try to make the haul Josh. It would be nice to see all the regions represented. Besides that it is just a bunch of fun racing with new people.
Bob

t500hps
06-08-2021, 08:00 PM
You should try to make the haul Josh. It would be nice to see all the regions represented. Besides that it is just a bunch of fun racing with new people.
Bob

There are 6 of us from Mid Atlantic going who all paddock together, help each other on/off the track, and stay in touch as a group all year long (been texting in our group quite a bit tonight). There are a couple more M.A. guys that say they are signing up but haven't yet. We also have a once a year cross-over event with Great Lakes and they have 5 that are already registered. We paddock with them for that event and it's a great group as well. I even think Bob might vouch for me/us :) We're really hoping as many of you as possible make the trip so it feels like a "National Championship".

Russ C.
CMC 720

fscott
06-11-2021, 02:15 PM
I'm considering making the haul, anyone else from TX?

That's a big negatory. I'm not driving that far just to get my ass kicked.

Sook
06-12-2021, 02:21 PM
There are 6 of us from Mid Atlantic going who all paddock together, help each other on/off the track, and stay in touch as a group all year long (been texting in our group quite a bit tonight). There are a couple more M.A. guys that say they are signing up but haven't yet. We also have a once a year cross-over event with Great Lakes and they have 5 that are already registered. We paddock with them for that event and it's a great group as well. I even think Bob might vouch for me/us :) We're really hoping as many of you as possible make the trip so it feels like a "National Championship".

Russ C.
CMC 720

The parking/garage situation on the event website is confusing me. Not sure what the difference is between all the garages. Location & price wise it seems like the RV spots or the green lot are the best. May have to figure out an RV to hang out with the gang.

- Josh

t500hps
06-15-2021, 10:03 PM
It is confusing. Our director talked to an AI guy that's been and determined we wanted to be up against the lake (we stay in our trailers and don't need/want garages). He ended up calling the track direct and found them easy/accommodating. We reserved 10 consecutive spots for 6-7 of us. 2 other guys (father/son) have 3 spots close but not connected. I don't know where the GL guys are paddocking but we will see them soon and likely get them paddocked near us.

Supercharged111
06-16-2021, 11:24 PM
That's a big negatory. I'm not driving that far just to get my ass kicked.

Could choose to not get your ass kicked?

Sook
06-29-2021, 08:43 PM
Registered!

Have not done parking yet - thinking green lot at the moment. RV spots aren't much more expensive, happy to try that with my open trailer if it gets all the CMC guys together.

- Josh

fscott
07-01-2021, 10:03 PM
Could choose to not get your ass kicked?

Good idea. I'll add to the list of things to do, right below "Go faster than everyone else" and "Stop breaking my racecar"

Supercharged111
07-01-2021, 10:25 PM
Good idea. I'll add to the list of things to do, right below "Go faster than everyone else" and "Stop breaking my racecar"

Just identify as fast. Good to go.

RichardP
09-14-2021, 09:57 PM
Just a reminder that Nationals are happening this weekend. There will be live stream of the races.

Josh and I bailed from Houston a day early to escape the hurricane that wanted to flood the roads out of town. We are hanging in Florida waiting for them to let us into the track to set up on Wednesday afternoon.

RichardP

Supercharged111
09-14-2021, 10:00 PM
Just a reminder that Nationals are happening this weekend. There will be live stream of the races.

Josh and I bailed from Houston a day early to escape the hurricane that wanted to flood the roads out of town. We are hanging in Florida waiting for them to let us into the track to set up on Wednesday afternoon.

RichardP

So you sought refuge from a hurricane in FL? :lol:

BryanL
09-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Great start so far Sook! Good luck bringing it home!

(think they should just change AI to Mustang Iron)

RichardP
09-17-2021, 02:10 PM
It's going good so far for Josh. He got pole, won the first race, and set the track record today. His fast lap gets him pole for tomorrow's race. He's been battling pretty hard with Hunter Lydic every session exchanging fast laps. Hunter got a run on Josh a couple of times but was prevented from passing by a local yellow.

Only three sessions left in the weekend. We're hopeful things keep going well.

Richard P.

RichardP
09-18-2021, 07:22 AM
Interview in Speed News
https://nasaspeed.news/race-coverage/championships/qualifying-heats-up-at-daytona-at-the-2021-nasa-championships-presented-by-toyo-tires/

Richard P.

RichardP
09-19-2021, 01:07 AM
Josh wins again with car problems on his closest competitor. He's on pole for the big race tomorrow.

https://nasaspeed.news/race-coverage/championships/stakes-rise-on-day-two-of-qualifying-at-the-2021-nasa-championships-presented-by-toyo-tires/

Richard P.

RichardP
09-19-2021, 07:33 PM
Congratulations to Josh for winning the 2021 NASA CMC National Championship!

Richard P.

Supercharged111
09-19-2021, 10:37 PM
If I'm honest I rooted for anything GM 1st and not Hunter's Ford 2nd, which meant Josh. Congrats Josh! Since I beat you at Hallett, that basically makes me the national champ right? :lol:

CWiseman
09-20-2021, 06:32 AM

Richard P.

Ditto

Fbody383
09-20-2021, 04:02 PM
Excellent work Josh and crew!

I know you guys put in a ton of work to run up front.

Make sure you get the BIG trophy from wherever it's been hiding... Sure you can get over that it's an RA1 instead of an RR.

RichardP
09-20-2021, 06:15 PM
Excellent work Josh and crew!

I know you guys put in a ton of work to run up front.

Make sure you get the BIG trophy from wherever it's been hiding...
Wish we knew where it was. It was cool. I can't even find a picture of it to show Josh...

Richard P.

Supercharged111
09-20-2021, 06:55 PM
If I'm honest I rooted for anything GM 1st and not Hunter's Ford 2nd, which meant Josh. Congrats Josh! Since I beat you at Hallett, that basically makes me the national champ right? :lol:

Reading this again makes it sound harsh and I feel the need to clarify: what I really wanted was a known-to-me quantity to defeat Hunter. He's a fast dude and up to now nobody that I've run with recentlyish has gone toe to toe with him that I know of.

RichardP
09-20-2021, 07:08 PM
Reading this again makes it sound harsh and I feel the need to clarify: what I really wanted was a known-to-me quantity to defeat Hunter. He's a fast dude and up to now nobody that I've run with recentlyish has gone toe to toe with him that I know of.

Didn't really happen this weekend. Josh beat him by a little bit in qual and the first race. After that, he had bent valves in his car and raced a different car that wasn't up to the task.

Richard P.

t500hps
09-20-2021, 08:13 PM
Congrats Josh! Happy we could meet and join us in the paddock. Gives a couple MA Foxbody guys hope that their car isn't as bad as they think! LOL

Supercharged111
09-20-2021, 10:13 PM
Didn't really happen this weekend. Josh beat him by a little bit in qual and the first race. After that, he had bent valves in his car and raced a different car that wasn't up to the task.

Richard P.

Well dang. I was hoping to use Josh as somewhat of a measuring stick. The mystery remains.

Sook
09-21-2021, 01:22 AM

Richard P.

I am so stoked, will be riding this high for seasons to come.

I can’t thank the team and crew enough: Richard Pedersen (Dealing the racing drug, mentor, coach, crew chief, brother at this point), Craig Wiseman (meticulous car inspector, saved team red shift multiple times), Dan Allford (really helped me get started, accomplished CMC racer, all around mentor), Bradley Gregg (unbelievable crew support @hallet and Daytona), and Chad Shultz (jokester, dedicated wrench, and mental grounding).

I also need to thank all of the Texas AI/CMC/AMCM group for comradere, sportsmanship, and most of all - support.

Congratulations Team Red Shift Racing, and Texas Region AI/CMC/AMCM!

Humbly,
Josh

BADVENM
09-21-2021, 12:56 PM
Congratulations Josh! Team Incidental Contact was registered for Nationals but had to withdraw due to a broken car. Great to see a fellow CMC Mustang driver win the National Championship.

rleng1
09-21-2021, 05:12 PM
Congrats Josh. Does this call for some Red Shift Racing margaritas?

RichardP
09-21-2021, 09:10 PM
Results revised putting Hunter Lydic in second and Bob Denton in third...

Richard P.

AllZWay
09-23-2021, 04:09 PM
Congrats on the big win... and to a great crew.

Suck fumes
09-26-2021, 08:01 AM
Congrats. Welcome to the champions club!