PDA

View Full Version : ECR, December 2021

michaelmosty
10-22-2021, 11:15 AM
Registration is open for ECR for the last event of 2021!! I am itching big time to get back on track with Hallett feeling so long ago!! Who is planning to go?

ShadowBolt
10-22-2021, 02:46 PM
Registration is open for ECR for the last event of 2021!! I am itching big time to get back on track with Hallett feeling so long ago!! Who is planning to go?

Have not touched or even looked at the 55 since Hallett. I'm going to pull it into the garage tomorrow and see how much work is needed.

Jerry

Sook
10-23-2021, 05:21 PM
Thinking about it, have not raced there yet.

What’s the paddock situation? I’ve only been with TDE, so we have spots at the grid.

Josh

fscott
10-24-2021, 10:46 AM
Bring a pit bike. The main paddock is at the bottom of a big hill.
They've been expanding the paddock, it's bigger every time I'm there. You can see the lower "fork shaped" paddock on google maps. There's additional graveled area just south of that. And the upper paddocks, to the west of the fork, has also been expanded significantly.

Tow rigs and rvs generally take the lower paddock, letting the drive-in cars take the upper paddock.

They usually designate a zone for CMC and another one for Spec Miata. That way you know where to go for BBQ, and where to go for a good haircut and pedicure.

EDIT: They lock the clubhouse not long after the track goes cold. If you want to get a shower, get it done during the daytime or immediately after your last session. You can also use my RV's shower, but there's a camera, and you'll wind up on my OnlyFans page.

babablackgoat
10-24-2021, 01:52 PM
I am not going to make it. Cannot find the right part for the steering rack. Got one more I can try.

Fbody383
10-25-2021, 01:01 PM
I am not going to make it. Cannot find the right part for the steering rack. Got one more I can try. Just crazy... surely we can figure this out in the next couple of weeks... or just rebuild the rack???

Sook
10-25-2021, 01:55 PM
Just crazy... surely we can figure this out in the next couple of weeks... or just rebuild the rack???

car-parts.com

Fbody383
10-25-2021, 01:59 PM
car-parts.com (http://car-parts.com) I'll go look... I think he's sourced 3 diff part numbers from O'Reilly. We did a first LT rack return for an LS rack... that shaft was too big for the column, and I think he's exchanged that one too. It's been much harder than it should have had to be...

Sook
10-25-2021, 07:16 PM
I'll go look... I think he's sourced 3 diff part numbers from O'Reilly. We did a first LT rack return for an LS rack... that shaft was too big for the column, and I think he's exchanged that one too. It's been much harder than it should have had to be...

Hm, We had done an LS rack into an LT column for #82. I don't recall having to do anything funky, but I may have gotten the lower part of the column from the junkyard when I bought the subframe and associated parts. I did see a few local LS cars on car-parts earlier today when I looked.

Josh

Gerno
10-25-2021, 08:25 PM
Hm, We had done an LS rack into an LT column for #82. I don't recall having to do anything funky, but I may have gotten the lower part of the column from the junkyard when I bought the subframe and associated parts. I did see a few local LS cars on car-parts earlier today when I looked.

Josh

Steering shaft is unlimited in the rules, can you just get a rack and make a shaft with aftermarket u joints?

BryanL
10-25-2021, 09:57 PM
I am not going to make it. Cannot find the right part for the steering rack. Got one more I can try.

What actual part do you need and for what setup? I'm just thinking there is the rack, joint between rack and column. If you need anything LS I'm coming to the arm pit this week.

Fbody383
10-26-2021, 09:49 AM
What actual part do you need and for what setup? I'm just thinking there is the rack, joint between rack and column. If you need anything LS I'm coming to the arm pit this week. It's literally just a rack swap... but the u-joint on the end of the column is smaller than the rack output shaft. We tried just swapping it in the car and ended up pulling the column to be able to test fit it. I think he's on a third rack trying to find one that fits... I may have a coupling at the shop too. But no reason we can't get it sorted for ECR... i would think.

Fbody383
10-26-2021, 09:51 AM
Yes, planning to be there in the 88. May be on old tires and slow... but there.

BryanL
10-27-2021, 07:02 PM
It's literally just a rack swap... but the u-joint on the end of the column is smaller than the rack output shaft. We tried just swapping it in the car and ended up pulling the column to be able to test fit it. I think he's on a third rack trying to find one that fits... I may have a coupling at the shop too. But no reason we can't get it sorted for ECR... i would think.

I have an LS coupling if that helps.

ShadowBolt
11-02-2021, 08:48 AM
Hope you signed up yesterday or it's going to cost you an extra $50.00. $500.00 is enough I hate to see anyone have to pay extra.

JJ

Fbody383
11-02-2021, 12:11 PM
Hope you signed up yesterday or it's going to cost you an extra $50.00. $500.00 is enough I hate to see anyone have to pay extra.

JJ And why do I feel like I'm being held hostage for a $10 toy on top of that...

ShadowBolt
11-02-2021, 03:29 PM
And why do I feel like I'm being held hostage for a $10 toy on top of that...

I missed that. I saw the entry fee and $279.00 for Friday and about had a heart attack.

JJ

babablackgoat
11-03-2021, 07:26 AM
Sorry did not check the forum in a few days. This sums up the steering column on my car:

"It's literally just a rack swap... but the u-joint on the end of the column is smaller than the rack output shaft. We tried just swapping it in the car and ended up pulling the column to be able to test fit it. I think he's on a third rack trying to find one that fits"

In looking for guidance and this thread presently might be best to have the initial column rebuilt instead of trying new ones. And hopefully ready for ECR on 03-05 Dec 2021. Getting this deep into it is a bit much for my mechanical abilities.

Gerno
11-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Personally I'd probably figure out what is the most common and easiest source rack and buy that one to replace what you have. This way if it goes out you have a chance to replace it much faster If needed build a new steering shaft using some aftermarket u joints. https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/steering-u-joints

michaelmosty
11-06-2021, 08:36 AM
Current CMC entry list:

Anthony Nguyen
Michael Mosty
Dave Francis
Team Jordan
Steve Gernon
Ryan Mcfall
John Martin

AllZWay
11-08-2021, 09:37 AM
When you guys get a schedule... post it or point me to it. I would like to try and get out and watch and BS with everyone. I had plans last year to make this event, but Covid got me and I couldn't make it.

michaelmosty
11-09-2021, 11:34 AM
When you guys get a schedule... post it or point me to it. I would like to try and get out and watch and BS with everyone. I had plans last year to make this event, but Covid got me and I couldn't make it.

Definitely will James. It will be great to have you back at the track and catch up!!

Pranav
11-15-2021, 08:16 PM
Punting to January msrh, just don't have my crap together!

Fbody383
11-18-2021, 03:43 PM
ANNNNNNNnnnnnnndddddddd... I'm probably out. No front brakes not a good situation at ECR. We'll see what we can cobble together but not looking good.

fscott
11-23-2021, 10:00 AM
Sorry, I'm out. I'm going to put the ECR money towards tires for next season.

Sook
11-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Out as well. The entry fee plus practice was a real stinger for me.

Josh

ShadowBolt
11-23-2021, 01:48 PM

Josh

I'm thinking of skipping practice. I have not signed up for Friday.

JJ

Storm Trooper
11-27-2021, 05:00 PM

Josh
I hear ya! OUCH

rleng1
11-29-2021, 04:03 PM
It appears that Biden’s (Brandon’s) inflation has caught up to y’all’s racing.
Good luck and see you at Hallett.

ShadowBolt
11-30-2021, 11:02 AM
It appears that Biden’s (Brandon’s) inflation has caught up to y’all’s racing.
Good luck and see you at Hallett.

Fuel may be $8.00 per gallon by June Randy. Let's go Brandon!

JJ

Storm Trooper
11-30-2021, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately This inflation wasn’t from Brandon! It’s been high for several years!

Storm Trooper
11-30-2021, 11:41 AM
Scary!!

michaelmosty
12-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Dave, any luck getting the brakes all fixed?

Any other last minute entries? It looks like the weather is going to be amazing with temps 55-75.

ShadowBolt
12-02-2021, 11:56 AM
Dave, any luck getting the brakes all fixed?

Any other last minute entries? It looks like the weather is going to be amazing with temps 55-75.

Dave told me yesterday that he was out. Also Dan blew the engine in his race car doing a DE a few weeks ago.

JJ

Fbody383
12-04-2021, 05:28 PM
Dave, any luck getting the brakes all fixed? Following up here... Nah, got pads in but both rotors cracked in outer cheek and one hat was... let's say... different. I'll probably have to get a new one. Apparently there are not supposed to be cracks in the hat where the bolts go through it. I'm wondering if it was from the impact, wheels locked, steering turned etc... that maybe the shock caused it. Still need to follow-up with StopTech.

michaelmosty
12-08-2021, 01:56 PM
Ugh, no fun Dave, sorry to hear about the issue. And sorry to hear about the engine issue for Dan also.

39PitCrew
12-14-2021, 03:26 PM
Following up here... Nah, got pads in but both rotors cracked in outer cheek and one hat was... let's say... different. I'll probably have to get a new one. Apparently there are not supposed to be cracks in the hat where the bolts go through it. I'm wondering if it was from the impact, wheels locked, steering turned etc... that maybe the shock caused it. Still need to follow-up with StopTech.

Sounds like you need to find yourself a new Chief Mechanic. I know a guy. But the commute may be an issue.