PDA

View Full Version : weight of heater box, etc on SN95????

t500hps
02-17-2022, 10:02 PM
I still have the heater/defrost in my SN95. Has anyone removed that stuff and weighed it? Defrost sure comes in handy for rain races but that's only about twice a year.

Sook
02-18-2022, 12:06 PM
I have not weighed it. I definitely do not have it.

Josh

Supercharged111
02-26-2022, 11:46 PM
I still have the heater/defrost in my SN95. Has anyone removed that stuff and weighed it? Defrost sure comes in handy for rain races but that's only about twice a year.

Why not dump it for a brake blower hooked to the defrost plenum? I can't fathom keeping something like that in a race car, I think I'd sooner treat the inside of the windshield, but then again I've never raced with cold and wet air before.

t500hps
02-28-2022, 09:23 PM
Why not dump it for a brake blower hooked to the defrost plenum? I can't fathom keeping something like that in a race car, I think I'd sooner treat the inside of the windshield, but then again I've never raced with cold and wet air before.

I've only been to CO (Denver/Boulder where my B-I-L lives) a couple times but the air is SUPER dry there. Where we live a fish could live out of water for 1/2 a day because there is SOOOO much moisture in the air! :) Spring and Fall bring wide temp swings that actually put so much moisture in the air that fog can reduce visibility to just a couple hundred yards (and on more than one occasion delay the track going green for a couple hours).